Shirt and Tie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starting a photo blog.

+8
rummako
Xerxes
khzanzhun
fotw2012
Doush
tie-fetish-2011
yep
Oluf Sand
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Starting a photo blog. - Page 2 Empty Re: Starting a photo blog.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:31 am

Hello! Just wanted to share my latest pictures, wearing my new blue tie, with white shirt and grey skirt. The skirt is quite short but I hope a few of you might still enjoy the overall outfit. I really like the pale blue tie Smile https://leoralaneshirtandtie.wordpress.com/2017/10/16/weekend-outfits-including-new-blue-tie/

Back to top Go down

Post by Xerxes Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:05 am

Both outfits are wonderful!

Xerxes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:20 am

Xerxes wrote:Both outfits are wonderful!
Thank you! I'm really enjoying long wide tides at the moment Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by tie-fetish-2011 Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:43 pm

Your husband is a VERY lucky man indeed!!!

How long have you been wearing this look, is it a new thing to you?

tie-fetish-2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:07 pm

tie-fetish-2011 wrote:Your husband is a VERY lucky man indeed!!!

How long have you been wearing this look, is it a new thing to you?
I've had a simple shirt and tie uniform to wear at home home for many years, but have only started putting together outfits to wear outside since summertime this year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:48 am

I've added a few new pictures today Smile (red narrow tie, and wide navy tie with white shirt) https://leoralaneshirtandtie.wordpress.com/2017/10/19/an-outfit-for-apple-picking/

Back to top Go down

Post by rummako Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:04 am

Stunning!

rummako

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:26 pm

rummako wrote:Stunning!
thank you! 
Today I bought some new pale blue shirts. Can't wait for my first outing wearing one, and to share the photos! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:24 am

For anyone that likes blue shirts with a navy tie.. I've put up some pictures wearing one of my new blue shirts. Hope you enjoy! (more to follow!) https://leoralaneshirtandtie.wordpress.com/2017/10/20/new-blue-shirt/
(

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomez1213 Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:21 am

Leora Lane wrote:
Above is a sneak peek Smile Would love to know what you think! 

Love your web site, ma'am

Gomez1213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:32 am

Gomez1213 wrote:
Leora Lane wrote:
Above is a sneak peek Smile Would love to know what you think! 

Love your web site, ma'am
thank you for letting me know Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:54 pm

Last edited by Leora Lane on Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Xerxes Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:33 am

Absolutely wonderful!

Xerxes

Back to top Go down

Post by High Collar Shirt Guy Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:15 am

Leora: thanks for your wonderful contributions. I don't think your skirts are too short and find your outfits are both smart and classy. I would like to see better fitting shirts and big tie knots though, + cufflinks, but that is just my personal preference. I appreciate sizing is always a challenge for petite ladies.

I use Bivolino for my shirts, google them definitely, is a must! A Belgian shirt maker, with a good easy to use on screen website 3D shirt designer (try it out). They are great for stiff collar/cuff shirts. They have lots of colours too, and do a great contrast collar+cuff shirt with high 2 button collar which again is my personal preference. If you want to order any shirts from them, best to setup an account with your email, so you get the email newsletters and offers. Then you can buy when they have a sale or a 25% discount offer. The quality of their shirts is of a very high standard.

If you order from Bivolino in future, I would recommend not ordering the womens, but just order mens slim fit size with your collar size.

There is also Tailor Store, but not so keen on them myself.

You could also look at Hawes & Curtis who do smart formal shirts for ladies is ladies sizing so you can at least get a decent tight collar fit, although the collars/materials are never quite as good as the mens shirts of course. They seem to be best for womens shirts, but I think custom mens shirts is the way to go.

If you let me know your size i.e. US or UK 6/8/10 and PM msg me your postal address - confidentially guaranteed (am assuming your in Europe also?) then I would gladly donate and send you a nice smart double cuff shirt from Hawes & Curtis for you to try out.

If I may also ask you a few questions Leora (you don't have to answer any you don't like of course).

(1) When you go out in public to cinema etc, are you worried about any family or friends who may see you? Has that already happened?

(2) Is it possible to see your face, to see the whole look, when you take pictures? You don't have to be shy around such a friendly online shirt & tie community
 Smile. Or is there other reasons why you would rather not? (I am curious).

(3) Have you ever thought about a corset over your shirt? Does not have to be a fancy full on corset either, can get quite cheap ones that just clip on quickly - or waist cinchers/belts they sometimes get called. I reckon you would pull that look off well.

High Collar Shirt Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:28 am

Hi High Collar Shirt Guy!
Thanks for your feedback on my outfits so far, and for suggestions on how they could be improved.
I definitely would like to buy a better fitting shirt. Sadly at the moment the only ones I've been able to find that fit nicely around the collar are school shirts! Obviously they are not ideal, what with the little pocket and all!
As I am so short I do have trouble finding things to fit! So whilst I am incredibly grateful for your kind offer to send me a shirt, I doubt it would fit me in the body!
I am really keen to branch into custom made shirts, as it will be great to have something that fits nicely, looks smart, and that can have a customised design.
I'll definitely research both brands thoroughly. 
May I ask why men's shirts would be better? Surely they wouldn't be cut as well to fit the female form?!

To answer your questions:
1) No one has seen me yet, but I do worry a little bit, yes!
I try and think of a reply I will give. I think most people would just be surprised and say i looked smart, in which case I'll just say "thank you!" and not explain any further!
If they are nosy enough to ask why I'm dressed like that, I'll probably just say "why not? Someone has to dress smart these days!" and make a joke of it.

2) I am a bit shy about my face! It's out of self consciousness mainly. There is one head shot of me, at the end of my last blog post. Also, there is the minuscule possibility of family/friends/work customers somehow finding I have a shirt fetish blog!

3) I haven't ever really thought about a corset! That's the first time it's been suggested to me, although I have seen the model Kat Surth wear one over her shirts before.
I'm not sure what I make of it really! I think it might distract from the smartness of the shirt!
But if my husband liked the idea I'd definitely wear it at home for him. But probably not out and about!!

Last edited by Leora Lane on Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Back to top Go down

Post by High Collar Shirt Guy Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:36 am

Leora: I think the collar is the most important part of the shirt. I favour mens shirts on women as women's shirts are always made cheaper and with less quality. They are thinner. The collars in particular will not be as firm, or thick or have the same stiff feeling as a mens shirt. Even with a custom shirt maker. Bivolino ask if your male or female, and send you an entirely different quality of shirt for each. I honestly recommend mens.

It sounds like you have it all in hand if you unexpectedly meet someone you know when out. Another thing that might be a good thing to say and make you feel more comfortable may be: "I am starting a new fashion trend!" Smile (with a physical smiley face).

High Collar Shirt Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:40 pm

Hi all! Some of you will have noticed i put a halt on my photo blog, citing boring reasons such as work and money. Well those reasons remain, but i couldn't stay away! So i've decided to resume from where i left off.
i've explained my reasons for returning so soon, here, (along with some poor quality photos of my new wide red tie!)

https://leoralaneshirtandtie.wordpress.com/2017/11/12/hello-again-lets-catch-up-plus-new-red-tie/

I intend to write weekly on Thursdays, and if i haven't much to share then i'll share any other nice shirt and tie photos that i've found and like the look of!

A quick heads up / warning that i may now and then make reference to D/s links that i have to shirt and tie. (if anyone would prefer not read such things mentioned in my posts then perhaps I'll put a warning at the beginning!) 

I hope everyone is having/had a good Sunday!

Back to top Go down

Post by Xerxes Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:28 am

I suspect I speak for many when I say that D/s links will be par for the course:)

Good to see you back!

Xerxes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:32 am

Xerxes wrote:I suspect I speak for many when I say that D/s links will be par for the course:)

Good to see you back!
it does seem there's a common link between D/s and shirt and tie!

Back to top Go down

Post by High Collar Shirt Guy Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:36 am

Leora, you don't really need to explain anything, but welcome that you do go into such detail Smile Just remember most of us are leading busy life's too and understand so don't feel pressured into "providing" if it is not a good time for you.

Re the work bit, if not to personal what is your occupation? (don't answer of course if don't want to)
I ask as I am curious if you have to wear smart-ish clothes anyway? And if it is something where a shirt and tie could more easily be gradually fitted into your work wardrobe and everyday wear (if you were brave enough too!).

And the money bit, like many and yourself I have a limited disposable income for things like custom made shirts and cufflinks etc. Personally speaking I would rather have a nice fitting shirt than a few nice takeaway meals or bottle of wines (and I really enjoy and appreciate takeaway and wine!!!!). The good thing however about a lovely nice fitting shirt, is it lasts forever.

On that subject of money, I saw somewhere on one of your posts before a donation fund page thing for your custom shirt(s). I will gladly donate a modest amount to it. Maybe you can post it on here, somewhere, I can't imagine anyone will object as it is clear you are genuine and have good intentions.

I do still recommend a Bivolino custom shirt as my no.1 recommendation. I have a fantastic variety plain and striped purple/blue/pink shirts from there, all double cuff, 2 button high collar, and with white collar/cuff. They are a pleasure to wear. It is normal that the first shirt you order is not quite perfect, and it is the second shirt when measurements/choices are fine tuned that fits perfectly. Good thing about Bivolino is you can order a shirt via Marks & Spencers (UK). Bivolino have the contract for the M&S Made To Measure Shirt service. Okay it is a more limited selection via M&S, but the benefit is if the first shirt you order does not fit perfectly, they will send you out the same shirt for free with your new measurements (first time order only). Link for buying via Marks & Spencers is: http://www.marksandspencer.com/s/men/made-to-measure-shirts

In the meantime, I will continue to look forward to what ever you post, is as nice to hear your thoughts and insights to be honest as it is to see your lovely pictures.

Last edited by High Collar Shirt Guy on Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:58 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : update)

High Collar Shirt Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:17 pm

Hi again High Collar Shirt Guy!
thank you for your kind and considerate comments.
To answer your question, I currently work in the catering industry.
Obviously there is a bit of room to dress smartly in such a sector, and as such I do intend to try and let my shirt and tie wear spill into work life soon too!
(probably only with bow ties for work though, rather than neck ties. I would feel a bit self conscious I think wearing a neck tie to work...mainly be because I have other associations with it!)
I am considering a “Go fund me” type thing on my blog, for anyone who is happy enough to send donations. I do still feel cheeky about it though, and perhaps a tad guilty, when there are obviously far more worthy causes to send money to! However a couple of people have said it’s an ok thing to do, so I’ll just put it there as an option. Obviously it will not be compulsory to donate, and I will continue to try and write weekly regardless of donations. It would just help enable be to post more interesting and pleasing outfit photos, more quickly!
It is very kind indeed that you would offer to send something, but again, please do not feel it is mandatory if you yourself have limited disposable income!

That’s handy to know about the M&S ordering service. I wouldn’t have guessed they would be such high quality, so it’s useful to have your recommendation! I really like the idea of clothing that perfectly fits...being so petite means nothing really fits very well usually! Choosing different colours and patterns and designs sounds really fun too. I imagine it would get addictive!!

Anyway, thanks again for your comments.
I will hopefully be going out in shirt and tie on my day off tomorrow (it’s been a while since I have had the opportunity) so I may have some new photos up on my blog tomorrow. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:54 pm

Aa

Last edited by Leora Lane on Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:47 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by trenefere Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:59 am

that you are beautiful I love this beautiful blue shirt the collar is perfect and well buttoned. The cravat is beautiful and well matched to the shirt I really like your coat you are really top
Regards Bernard

trenefere

https://chemiseetcravate.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:20 pm

A

Last edited by Leora Lane on Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:26 pm

Last edited by Leora Lane on Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Doush Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:36 am

Absolutely gorgeous. You look amazing, Leora! Thank you for sharing.

Doush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:56 am

Doush wrote:Absolutely gorgeous. You look amazing, Leora! Thank you for sharing.
thank you! I am very happy with this look Smile

Back to top Go down

Starting a photo blog. - Page 2 Empty First custom shirt!

Post by Guest Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:08 pm

Hi all! 
I've finally got a tailor made shirt! 
I've blogged about it here, with pictures. I hope some of you 
might enjoy them Smile
https://leoralaneshirtandtie.wordpress.com/2018/01/04/first-custom-shirt/

Back to top Go down

Post by High Collar Shirt Guy Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:46 am

Hi Leora, fantastic seeing your new shirt, and thrilled for you. I kind of wrote a bit of a book story on your blog, so will keep it quite brief.

On another note, you mentioned earlier in this thread about being interested in Windsor knots. Just wondering how your own tie knotting skills are now? I am crap at a Windsor knot myself, is difficult to master, although very good at the half Windsor which I can create large knots for.

High Collar Shirt Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by High Collar Shirt Guy Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:04 pm

Posting this on here, as won't let me post on your blog for some reason.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/40-Metal-Collar-stiffeners-Sizes/dp/B008ILRU88/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1515351507&sr=8-7&keywords=collar+stiffeners

Starting a photo blog. - Page 2 71eQ-CtwPvL._UX522_
Something like these will last you for life with these shirts. Any Hawes & Curtis, TM Lewin or Thomas Pink shirts for examples all come with removeable collar bones option, which means you can replace the plastic ones a shirt comes with, with nicer and stiffer more rigid ones of your own.

The ones posted are only £7.49 on Amazon and a nice selection of sizes.

5.5 - 6cm tends to be a default size that fits all shirts. If you start exploring wider collar spread styles of shirt, or bigger collars like a 2 button high collar shirt then collar bones that are 7.6cm in length are more useful and needed to fill that gap.

I personally think collar bones are a bit like starch. Don't know if others agree with this? But for me once you start using starch it becomes essential and feels like a nicer collar/cuff and you can't go back to without starch. Once you threw in some rigid steel or metal collar bones and get used to that additional collar stiffness, it just becomes something you prefer.

On a more practical level, they are designed to keep the collar firmly in place all day, and more upright, and they do that job well. The collar does frame the face nicely when done properly.

Last edited by High Collar Shirt Guy on Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update)

High Collar Shirt Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:31 am

Hello!

Just stopping by quickly to share that whilst my original blog and Twitter are no longer active, my husband and I are sharing some things at a new blog called “My shirt and tie wife.”
There is a lot less free content though! (No collar close ups to be found here!)

But we have shared a few anecodotes about what we’ve been up to lately.

Our photo collection is much more private now, partly to reduce the chance of unauthorised photo sharing (which seems all too common) and also, in all honesty, because we hoped to raise funds sharing them, and I think that’s a lot harder to do when you’re always “giving it away.”

My husband writes most of the content. 
I’ve also written a guest a post with a few tips to help convince girlfriends and wives into wearing a shirt and tie in public, which I hope might be useful to some people.
We’re merely offering a glimpse into our lives, and if people are interested in particular sets of photos, they’re available to buy.

As another possible income source, we’re considering a live shirt and tie streaming channel (nothing seedy I might add! Just day to day activities being undertaken whilst wearing a shirt and tie). This would begin as a largely free to view service, with subscriptions available to serious fans to show support and keep the channel going.

Anyway, I thought that might be of some interest to folks here.
I’ll now disappear into my shirt and tie life as the shirt and tie wife.
Bye!

www.myshirtandtiewife.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by blend Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:55 am

Hey Leora,

thank you for your great website and especially for your brandnew youtube-channel, which has some superb content. In this forum I wrote beforehand that my wife is very reluctant to wear ties (not only in public, but also at home…although she bought a shirt a few months ago, I doubt that she‘ll ever wear that outfit).

Nevertheless she somehow get that I was on your website. So she browsed thorugh your site and admitted, that you look absolute stunning in suit, shirt and tie (especially the video „Dressing for the evening)! Here I see my chance to convince her to try it out, maybe just for a few minutes (with the intention to increase the duration step by step ;-)).

My question ist, whether you receive any comments or even compliments on your outfit by strangers? Or do most people don‘ t even take notice? And did you wear this outfit in the circle of your family and friends? And how was their reaction? Thanks fo your answer in advance, because I know that this are still the biggest fears of my wife…

blend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2