Shirt and Tie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's going on with the Yahoo group?

3 posters

Go down

What's going on with the Yahoo group? Empty What's going on with the Yahoo group?

Post by mike888 Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:14 am

My account was hijacked and then it sent spam to the group. It also sent spam to people on my contact list with "women-in-shirtntie" in the subject line. Microsoft would not let me sign-in to my hotmail account. After sorting some things out, I erased my email account and unsubscribed to the group.

I don't know if yahoo groups is to blame, but "women-in-shirtntie" was in the subject line and a few other group members have had the same thing happen.

I did try to join the group again (with a new email address), but have not been accepted.

mike888

Back to top Go down

What's going on with the Yahoo group? Empty Re: What's going on with the Yahoo group?

Post by Shaft-o Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:45 am

i am a moderator on the group but the power to accept and reject members has long been taken out of my hands i'm afraid, there's an awful lot of people who's membership requests have expired and it is rather frustrating for me, never mind the people trying to get in.

Sorry about that, try maybe email koen directly?

Shaft-o

Shaft-o

Back to top Go down

What's going on with the Yahoo group? Empty Re: What's going on with the Yahoo group?

Post by mike888 Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:25 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I sent a message to: "women-in-shirtntie-owner@yahoogroups.com"?

I'm not sure if he checks that email, but I don't have his real email address.

mike888

Back to top Go down

Post by koenh Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:00 am

Shaft-o wrote:i am a moderator on the group but the power to accept and reject members has long been taken out of my hands i'm afraid, there's an awful lot of people who's membership requests have expired and it is rather frustrating for me, never mind the people trying to get in.

Sorry about that, try maybe email koen directly?

Shaft-o
'

I'm seeing this very late, sorry, but have sent you a message at Yahoo, Dr. Shaft. I don't know why you couldn't approve members, I've just changed that, having visited the moderator page for the first time in eons. There was another moderator, I see he's not a mod anymore now (??!) as for a while there were many new members and I had very little time for this stuff and it needed a moderator who was alive and active. How your approve-memberships-option became unclicked, I really do not know, I didn't do that willingly (I might have unclicked it accidentally a long time ago).

Anyway, all sorted again. Except that the group is very quiet indeed for a while now.

koenh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down