Shirt and Tie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Menswear at Country Music awards

2 posters

Go down

Menswear at Country Music awards Empty Menswear at Country Music awards

Post by tanadata Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:16 pm

Several women country artists teamed up to sing "Girl Crush" and all wore menswear.  One of the better pics is pasted here; it's of the trio Runaway June. 

Menswear at Country Music awards Th_873870153_girl_crush_menswear_122_521lo 

You can watch the whole video here. 

This is not the first time that the women of Little Big Town have inspired a menswear performance. They also performed in tuxedos on the Tonight Show. https://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/video/little-big-town-the-daughters/3979678 and on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/p/BzOmpBvgToP/

My first post with an embed; go easy on me!

tanadata

Back to top Go down

Menswear at Country Music awards Empty Re: Menswear at Country Music awards

Post by ties1313 Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:04 am

Thanks for the post!
Would it be better to avoid referring to shirts, jackets, pants, tuxedos, suits, and ties as 'menswear'?
It seems somewhat counter to the spirit of the community here.
Nice find and thanks for sharing!

ties1313

Back to top Go down

Post by tanadata Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:01 am

ties1313 wrote:Thanks for the post!
Would it be better to avoid referring to shirts, jackets, pants, tuxedos, suits, and ties as 'menswear'?
It seems somewhat counter to the spirit of the community here.
Nice find and thanks for sharing!
OK, sorry. Is there a better one-word term for the styles that we enjoy seeing these lovely ladies wear?

tanadata

Back to top Go down

Post by ties1313 Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:27 pm

I generally go with suits, suit and tie, or shirt and tie - unless I'm specifically referring to tuxedos or some blouse variation and then I'm more specific. I don't think there's a gender neutral exact equivalent one word phrase to menswear, as it refers to the grouping of clothes associated with suits. To be fair that is a rather exclusive use of "menswear" as it doesn't explicitly mean suits. Menswear can mean sweatpants and hoodies, or jeans and coats and all kinds of other things. 

What it really means is clothing that was made for men's bodies, and it's pretty rare for it to actually show up in this forum and others like it because true "menswear" usually doesn't look good on women. It doesn't fit right etc.. None of the women in the video above are wearing "menswear", they're wearing clothing that was designed for women. Ties are a pretty good example because they can be worn by either sex, it won't affect how they look (leaving aside width as there is such a variance in style). But they are still often considered "menswear" and we act all surprised when women wear them. Doesn't matter that women have been wearing shirt and tie since the 19th century...  I'll stop ranting though before I get too far off. Smile

ties1313

Back to top Go down

Post by tanadata Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:01 am

Ok. Those are all good points. I can do that. I want you to be able to enjoy the photos as much as I do Smile

tanadata

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down