Shirt and Tie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost)

5 posters

Go down

It was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost) Empty It was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost)

Post by Northerner Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:53 am

On June 2, 1990, Warner Bros. held an event called "A celebration of tradition" which Ms. Basinger attended in the outfit I've shown in earlier posts. Maybe not the most stylish or well-fitting, but it had an enomous impact on me. It was the first time I'd seen a Hollywood A-list sex symbol wear a bow tie she'd obviously chosen herself - the color and style of the suit made it clear it wasn't just a generic black tie look. She also happened to be just the type of woman I find the most attractive.Wink

Over the years I've seen many other fine-looking ladies in ties - some maybe looking even better - but none have had quite the same effect. In these three decades I've collected as many pics from that night as I could, and even if some are unremarkable I've still kept them for completeness. What I don't have is the television broadcast of the evening, in which she's listed as one of the hosts - would be interesting to see if that was live segments from the gala or pre-recorded bits with different clothes! (Let me know if you have/have seen it, will you?)

In any case, I thought this would be a good time to share what I've scraped together, cropped and color-corrected as much as possible. No digital photography back then!

Also, it would be nice to hear if you have any sigthings that left a special impression - please make a post in that case! It's ok if there's no pics, just interested to hear what made you react!

Here's my collection - be prepared for a bit of scrolling... Smile

It was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost) Wvhu3bsIt was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost) AaQhL01It was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost) LU4UjQJIt was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost) VuwdlkZIt was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost) McNIfO6It was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost) 9ddknUsIt was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost) UIMfrkQIt was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost) CUKeTQRIt was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost) OSwax9bIt was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost) FO9QGyaIt was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost) 5z8ggLFIt was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost) 5uBrvO0It was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost) JMhVstcIt was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost) 7IOW5D4It was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost) FT3WxrVIt was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost) AnC3BQLIt was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost) 0JFY4euIt was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost) RgPQ0mOIt was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost) 4Din1pCIt was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost) BahlnsBIt was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost) O2rNy3kIt was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost) VhIU93HIt was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost) A3Q8FCWIt was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost) Se8iXK2It was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost) R2M6Aj2It was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost) AivRbMvIt was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost) 8YbjQjsIt was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost) ReK2I4dIt was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost) AyGbv1HIt was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost) Mbe1v7qIt was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost) SU2oTuTIt was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost) OsOOyKRIt was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost) TzsPdkN

Some I only have in black&white or bad quality - here they are:

It was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost) TWOYjMcIt was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost) VVrDgi1It was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost) CNDcyBBIt was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost) KOJLNlSIt was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost) LXgcyaIIt was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost) EN5UiD6It was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost) GElBZsTIt was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost) JOAEsajIt was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost) FbVl10dIt was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost) 9zcIirx

I only know of two more snaps from that occasion, both spotted on Ebay. The first is a good example of something I've just kept on general principle and have no interest in finding, but the second one shows some promise. If you have either of these or any other I'd be happy to see them!

It was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost) Bad110
It was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost) Bad210

And now I'll keep quiet on the subject, unless of course I find something new and worthwhile! Very Happy

Northerner

tuxedo and Daimon like this post

Back to top Go down

It was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost) Empty Re: It was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost)

Post by arokh Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:45 am

lovely thread, thank you!

arokh

Back to top Go down

It was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost) Empty Re: It was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost)

Post by Northerner Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:10 am

Just found another I hadn't seen before, and a pretty good one at that. Hope you'll like it!

It was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost) Newkim10

Northerner

tuxedo, theobservator, micchelino, jropika and arokh like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ajl378492 Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:39 pm

I can picture a woman wearing this type of tuxedo to her wedding instead of wearing a dress.

ajl378492

micchelino likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Northerner Sat May 28, 2022 7:31 am

A couple more - not hugely different, but hey, I'm a collector! Laughing

It was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost) Z7m3zqo
It was thirty years ago today... (Kim Basinger megapost) 9WchH4v

Northerner

micchelino, jropika, arokh and Richard Small like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Northerner Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:30 am

O M G!
Finally, after many years of searching, I've found the footage of this event! Kim doesn't get too much screentime, but there's a red carpet moment and a couple minutes of hosting duties - which she performed in this outfit.
The quality isn't great, but at least now I've seen it. And you can, too! Smile

Northerner

micchelino likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jropika Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:13 am

Although Kim's tuxedo is not top quality for me, there is even a scene where she unbuttons her coat and it appears that she is not even wearing suspenders, but I am happy for your success, because I know how good it feels when you find something you have been looking for for a long time. ^^ 

I wish you many similar joys and continue to share your findings with us. Smile

jropika

Northerner likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Northerner Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:23 am

jropika wrote:Although Kim's tuxedo is not top quality for me, there is even a scene where she unbuttons her coat and it appears that she is not even wearing suspenders, but I am happy for your success, because I know how good it feels when you find something you have been looking for for a long time. ^^ 

I wish you many similar joys and continue to share your findings with us. Smile
Yes, the feeling of triumph was better than the actual sighting Very Happy I do appreciate having seen it, but concluding a long hunt is very, very rewarding.
Suspenders are very optional to me personally, since they usually can't be seen under the jacket anyway. But in a dressing scene they can be a nice addition!

Northerner

jropika likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tuxedo Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:24 pm

Many thanks for your everlasting effort cheers
tuxedo
tuxedo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down