Shirt and Tie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Natalie and La Parisienne

2 posters

Go down

Natalie and La Parisienne  Empty Natalie and La Parisienne

Post by MatthewJames7 Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:25 am

Life is never an easy thing. There are always trials and tribulations that will be in the way and it is up to the individual person to solve them as they see fit. Natalie always saw herself as a glass half full person and she was always a very happy person who felt she was getting the best out of her life. 

Natalie was a young girl of twenty-three and she had just graduated from college with a first-class honors degree in business and hotel management. It was her lifelong dream to someday become a famous hotel manager like so many before her. She had chestnut brown hair which she used to keep up in a bun, a look that people immediately knew she was thinking of innovative ideas for future business deals. Her eyes were clear blue like the ocean, and she had a slim build, but very muscular legs from when she used to be on her school's running team. She was also a very snappy dresser which people often used to commend her for. 

Waking up one cold December morning, Natalie sat up in bed and rubbed her eyes. She looked out the window of her apartment bedroom at the weather, it was frosty outside, the trees white as snow, but the footpaths were clear to her relief. Trudging over to her wardrobe, she opened it and went through its contents to find something to wear for the interview, but groaned when she could not decide what to wear. She knocked on her friend Catherine's room who groggily exclaimed, "come in Nat, how can I help?" Natalie explained her case, a slight hint of worry coming over her face. Catherine instantly noticed it and told her not to worry. Frantically searching through her wardrobe, she eventually picked a bag off the railing, handing it to Natalie who was eager to find out what was in it.

Opening the bag, Natalie was surprised when she discovered it was a beige-cream colored suit and a blue tie. "A suit and tie?" Natalie thought to herself but decided to give it a go. Getting dressed, she looked at herself in the mirror, smiling back at the figure in the reflection. Struggling with her tie, Natalie asked Catherine to help her. Catherine kindly did so and tied it in a Windsor knot. "There you go Nat, you're ready to face the world. Knock em' dead at the interview." Natalie smiled, her friend's praise playing over in her head. She walked out the door of the apartment, Catherine closing it behind her. Making her way down the busy streets with people passing her every two seconds, the 8:30 rush to work was in full effect. She reached the end of the street where she had to stop due to traffic coming on. It seemed like forever, and when it finally came to allow her to cross, she cursed angrily under her breath. The hotel was on the other side of the road, and when she finally walked into the main foyer of the hotel, she was welcomed by a staff member called Lia who looked seemingly curious about Natalie's attire. "Welcome to La Parisienne, how may we be of service?" Natalie replied, "I'm here to meet the owner, I have an interview with her this morning." Lia smiled, asking Natalie to follow her to the elevator. As they went up to the main offices, Lia was telling Natalie about the origins of the hotel and how it started out as just a little rest center. They eventually reached the top floor, Natalie now becoming bored with the stories. Lia told her to walk down the corridor and take the first door on the right. 

Knocking on the owner's door, she was told to come in. The owner was a middle-aged woman, roughly of about sixty with silver-colored hair and brown eyes. She had a nose that looked like it had been broken once or twice, and she looked like a tough you'd see in a mob movie. "Hello, you must be Natalie, a pleasure to meet the woman behind the face, at last, I'm Clara. Your lecturers and college supervisor told me of your stellar academic prowess. I think with prowess like that, you have the potential to go far here in La Parisienne, it's quite possible you might just take over from me someday Natalie, you have the advantage in that you have youth on your side, I'm retiring in four years because I'm sixty-one and I've grown tired of running this place. For the meanwhile, I'll place you under the care of Diana, she's the front desk manager and she will be your mentor." Clara pressed a button on her desk, "Diana, could you come to my office please, there's someone I'd like you to meet." 

Two minutes later, the door opened. Diana walked inside, and Natalie thought she was beautiful. Diana had movie-star looks which made some of the other female staff jealous because they thought that she earned the position of front-desk manager through her looks, but the fact was that she had earned it through unmatched work standards. Natalie was relieved when Diana walked in because she too was wearing a suit and tie. Clara looked over to Natalie and Diana handed her a bundle of clothes and a tie. "This will be your hotel uniform. All employees shall arrive to work appropriately dressed at all times no matter what role they are in. Get changed quickly, I'll show you the ropes of this place." Natalie nodded in agreement, she did not want to disappoint her new boss on her very first day.

MatthewJames7

Xerxes, mickey29 and MatthewJames7 like this post

Back to top Go down

Natalie and La Parisienne  Empty Re: Natalie and La Parisienne

Post by MatthewJames7 Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:10 am

In what way do you want the story to progress, any ideas?

Let me know in the comments

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:43 am

I usually prefer to wait and see your ideas before I continue writing it. Your ideas help give me added creativity to work on. What direction do you want the story to progress in??

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by slimybutsmart Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:49 am

Ok, how about this:

Diana takes Natalie through her first day on the job, explains the importance the hotel puts on its employees following the dress code correctly etc. Then Natalie gets dressed, and Diana inspects her appearance. 

Then maybe you could have...

Diana explains (or demonstrates) to Natalie how the hotel likes to discipline girls who fail to wear their uniform properly
or
A celebrity guest appears at the hotel to do a fancy fashion photoshoot, and takes a particular shine to Natalie. She makes Natalie get involved in the photoshoot, and things get slightly out of hand..
or
Diana puts Natalie through a series of challenges to see if she's worthy of wearing the hotel's prestigious uniform. The challenges get sillier and sillier, until Natalie turns the tables on her tie-wearing tormentor.

I unno, those are some ideas. Hope they spark something!

slimybutsmart

MatthewJames7 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:24 pm

slimybutsmart wrote:Ok, how about this:

Diana takes Natalie through her first day on the job, explains the importance the hotel puts on its employees following the dress code correctly etc. Then Natalie gets dressed, and Diana inspects her appearance. 

Then maybe you could have...

Diana explains (or demonstrates) to Natalie how the hotel likes to discipline girls who fail to wear their uniform properly
or
A celebrity guest appears at the hotel to do a fancy fashion photoshoot, and takes a particular shine to Natalie. She makes Natalie get involved in the photoshoot, and things get slightly out of hand..
or
Diana puts Natalie through a series of challenges to see if she's worthy of wearing the hotel's prestigious uniform. The challenges get sillier and sillier, until Natalie turns the tables on her tie-wearing tormentor.

All three sound very interesting indeed, and I love the 'turns the tables on her tie-wearing tormentor' bit, excellent use of alliteration

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:56 pm

Getting changed, Natalie walked back to Diana who was waiting patiently by the elevator. "Let me take a look at you, Natalie. Your leggings and skirt are perfect. The vest and blazer look good, and the shirt is a perfect fit though I would ask that you close your top button, Natalie, it gives off the look of ill-discipline and we cannot have that, without discipline there is nothing but havoc and disarray. This sort of behavior does not give this fine hotel the reputation it truly deserves. Just this once, I'll do your tie for you, but from now on, you will have to learn to tie one. Your shoes, they'll do for today, but from tomorrow onwards, you will be instructed where to pick up the shoes that we are provided with and you will only wear those. You are forbidden to wear any other shoes while you are working here, and under no circumstances are you allowed to wear heels. I consider heels in the workplace to be vulgar and inappropriate. If I catch you wearing heels there will be repercussions. You are permitted to wear whatever earrings you have as long as they are workplace appropriate, those tunnel earrings some people have are disgusting, and you are forbidden to wear them in here, understood? Perfect, let's go down to the lobby and I'll teach you the manner in which we deal with clients."

They got into the elevator whose doors pinged open. Pressing the button for the lobby, Diana turned to Natalie and looked her up and down one final time to make sure her attire was up to scratch with the guidelines she had been instructed with. Reaching the lobby, they got out of the elevator. At that moment, two female staff members walked by Natalie and sniggered. Looking at them, Natalie was stunned to see that they were not wearing a tie and yet Diana was making her wear one. "They're not wearing ties and they have their top buttons open so why isn't Diana saying anything to them, but yet she gave me a strict lecture on workplace attire." Following Diana, Natalie still had a look of disbelief on her face as to how those two staff members were able to get away with it which seemed totally unfair to her

Walking to the front desk, Diana stopped. "Natalie, this will be your designated desk. You will address the guests in a calm and professional manner, sir or ma'am unless they say you can call them by their first name, but never call them by name first, it's highly disrespectful. When you answer the phones you will say 'La Parisienne, Natalie speaking, how may I help you today? Ok, that's everything you need for today. Now, follow me to my office. It's just down the hall." Nodding, Natalie had no option but to do so, for if she had objected, she probably would have been fired on the spot. They reached Diana's office, a luxurious looking room that Natalie knew had just recently been repainted for she could still smell the dry paint on the walls. Diana told her to sit down without saying a word. "Natalie, you may be new here, but don't think I will go easy on you. Now get to work, you have plenty to do."

MatthewJames7

Xerxes likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:24 pm

The following day Natalie was busy working at the desk helping guests to check-in, giving them their room keys and her other duties, when Diana approached her with a stern look on her face, something was bothering her. Natalie knew by the look on her face that Diana wasn't coming to tell her she was doing an excellent job or giving her a promotion. Approaching the desk, Diana clicked her finger and another staff member was asked to take Natalie's shift for a few hours. Walking down the hallway where guests were passing every two seconds with enormous suitcases, Natalie followed Diana to her office where she was told to sit down without saying a word. "Natalie, I have asked you here because I have a series of challenges for you to do which will prove to me whether you are worthy of wearing the fine uniform of this hotel. This time next week, Eliza Rose, the model is coming here to do a major photo shoot, and if you carry out these challenges I have for you, I might just be able to let you meet her as a prize for completing them by this time next week. There'll be a new challenge every day which will get more interesting, and they'll really test your mettle and resolve. In conclusion, they'll show whether you have what it takes to wear the uniform of this proud hotel." Natalie walked out of the office wondering what these challenges would be. Diana was then joined by two young women who were the same age as Natalie, little did Natalie know they were Diana's daughters. They looked at Diana with a suspicious-looking smirk on their face and one exclaimed, "I cannot wait, Mother, to see Natalie fail and be made a fool in front of the entire hotel. She does not belong here, Jessica and I are the top young staff around here. Some new big shot is not going to take away our power." Diana sat down in her chair. "Relax Carole, Natalie will be gone in just a couple of days."

MatthewJames7

Xerxes likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:48 am

As the day passed by, Natalie was getting tired, the repetitiveness of having to help guests check-in for the past 6 and a half hours was evident to see on her otherwise cheery complexion. Looking out the door of the hotel, she could see that the sun was setting in the distance which turned the sky a peach-red color. The skyline was beautiful during the autumnal September evening, but little did Natalie know that her moment of being cheered up by the weather was about to be soured when she noticed Carole walking towards her with a letter in her hand. Natalie's co-worker Susana watched this with eagle eyes, sipping a coffee she was holding in her hand while wondering what this could be. Reading the letter, Natalie walked from behind her desk with Carole down the hallway which seemed to span for miles but considering it was a luxury hotel that was the point of having the long hallway. The hotel's wedding planner Maeghan scurried past Carole and Natalie in a hurry. Upon reaching Diana's office, Carole marched away to carry on her duties. Walking in, Natalie was greeted by Diana who was reading a series of reviews about the hotel on TrustPilot. Looking up from her laptop screen, Diana exclaimed, "Natalie, I've summoned you here to give you your second challenge. You will spend the evening working with Maeghan assisting her wedding planning.  Any questions for me about hotel life in general?" Nodding, Natalie replied, "why do I have to wear a tie with my uniform and the other women don't have to?" Diana seemed to be insulted by this question, the look on her face told the entire story. "Natalie, you have to wear one because I say so. Do not question my authority. Clara may hold you in high regards, but that's one thing. While you are under my jurisdiction you will obey my rules and you will obey what attire I choose for you to wear. I have decided you are to wear a tie with your uniform and that's final. Now go to meet Maeghan, she knows that you will be helping her for the day." Walking out of the office with a scowl on her face, Natalie was disgusted by Diana's treatment. 

MatthewJames7

Xerxes likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:19 pm

Maeghan was the same age as Natalie by six weeks. She had long blonde hair which was like Rapzunel, and her blue eyes resembled the color of the ocean. She stood six feet tall which was a rare thing because most of the people in her family were a few inches smaller. She, like Natalie, had an athletic build from her days on her school's soccer team where she had captained them to five inter-state soccer championships in a row. Maeghan had the chance to go professional but she turned it down to focus on a career where it wouldn't be ended by a freak injury. 

Catching up to Maeghan, Natalie wondered what tasks she would have to do with her for the evening. Welcoming her, Maeghan exclaimed, "Natalie, I've heard a lot about you, some people say you're the next big thing around here. It's a shame you have to work under Diana though, she may come across as friendly, but deep down, she's as shallow and cold-hearted as they come. Carole and Jessica are her daughters. They are about as shallow as Diana and they believe that it's they should be next in line to run the place when Clara retires. I've seen how Diana treats you and frankly I'm disgusted by it. If you were working with me, however, I'd be delighted to help you settle in. I could see us becoming good friends, Natalie, you have the potential to go far here. You can take off the tie if you want, I don't mind. When we're finished here, will we get a bite to eat in the restaurant and get to know each other better? Nodding, Natalie replied, "it'd be a pleasure, Maeghan, I could do with a friend around the place who's the same age as me"

Last edited by MatthewJames7 on Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total

MatthewJames7

Xerxes likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:25 pm

What way should Natalie and Maeghan go, down the route as best friends, or friends who after a while are slowly getting feelings for each other as time goes by??? 

The challenges set by Diana for Natalie, I'm still thinking of ones that'll be really outrageous in Natalie's eyes. Will she prevail in these challenges and win the opportunity to meet her idol, Eliza Rose, or will she fail at the hands of her, as slimybutsmart put it excellently, her tie-wearing tormentor?? I'm also thinking that Maeghan and Natalie team up together also to try and take Diana and her tyrannical reign down

Let me know what you guys think

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:40 pm

As I previously mentioned, I prefer to let others give me ideas for scenarios in a story more so than I write them myself which gives me a little more creativity to work with. Sometimes, I do think of ones myself, but where's the fun in that???

Hope you all are doing well especially during the coronavirus situation going on. It's times like these that we have to be together, even when physically apart due to social distancing and all that jazz. Even just reading your comments on my stuff is fantastic. Let me know how you are all doing down below

MatthewJames7

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by slimybutsmart Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:28 pm

Good stuff so far! 

I like the idea of Meagan and Natalie teaming up. Maybe working together to bring the evil Diana and her two wicked daughters down brings them closer together and some romance blossoms? Writing about the tension between the girls having to look so smart and formal, but getting all giddy and excited when to sneak off to make out could be fun. 

As for the challenges, my username probably gives away what type of challenges I'd do if I was writing it, but it's your story obviously! But I'd suggest that any challenge that Natalie has to do while wearing her uniform ought to involve some kind of stakes, where her smartness is threated by some kind of mild embarrassment. Like, she has to remember to greet every customer in a certain way, or she gets pushed in the hotel's swimming pool. Or she has to learn about the history of the hotel, and gets quizzed on it, with forfeits like a pie in the face or something if she gets a question wrong. Up to you tho, obvs! 

The one thing I definitely would suggest tho, is to find a way to get the other characters wearing suits and ties too. Especially the daughters. Also, more descriptions about how Natalia looks, feels and thinks about her appearance, and being a girl who has to wear a tie in general would be really cool.

Good luck and happy writing, friend!

slimybutsmart

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:05 am

slimybutsmart wrote:Good stuff so far! 

I like the idea of Meagan and Natalie teaming up. Maybe working together to bring the evil Diana and her two wicked daughters down brings them closer together and some romance blossoms? Writing about the tension between the girls having to look so smart and formal, but getting all giddy and excited when to sneak off to make out could be fun. 

As for the challenges, my username probably gives away what type of challenges I'd do if I was writing it, but it's your story obviously! But I'd suggest that any challenge that Natalie has to do while wearing her uniform ought to involve some kind of stakes, where her smartness is threated by some kind of mild embarrassment. Like, she has to remember to greet every customer in a certain way, or she gets pushed in the hotel's swimming pool. Or she has to learn about the history of the hotel, and gets quizzed on it, with forfeits like a pie in the face or something if she gets a question wrong. Up to you tho, obvs! 

The one thing I definitely would suggest tho, is to find a way to get the other characters wearing suits and ties too. Especially the daughters. Also, more descriptions about how Natalia looks, feels and thinks about her appearance, and being a girl who has to wear a tie in general would be really cool.

Good luck and happy writing, friend!

The two wicked daughters bit kinda has a Cinderella vibe to it which is quite clever, the only difference in Natalie's eyes is that she has Maeghan, not a Fairy Godmother, to assist her in overcoming Diana and her two evil daughters who are poisoning Natalie's views of working at the hotel. 

The challenges, those sound like some good ideas.

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:47 am

The next day, Natalie was sitting with Maeghan in the staff room eating her lunch when Diana walked in flanked by Carole and Jessica who were wearing pinstripe suits with blue striped ties. By instinct plus the way Diana had treated her since she arrived, Natalie knew that this was not going to be good news that Diana was going to be delivering. Speaking up, Diana exclaimed, "ladies and gentlemen, I have summoned you all here because, from now onwards, you will be wearing the new hotel uniform which Natalie has been so kind to model for me. You will all wear these hotel suits and ties, there will be no exceptions for anyone. Every morning when you come into work, you shall be appropriately dressed at all times, I will not have any of you making a mockery of this hotel. I have taken the liberty of placing the suits in each of your lockers. You are to take them home tonight and come into work tomorrow morning wearing them. Natalie, you follow me now. I've got a surprise in store for you."

She walked out of the staff room with Carole and Jessica in tow. The whole room was stunned into silence at how Diana and her two evil daughters were running the day to day management of the hotel with an iron fist. Reluctantly, Natalie stood up, knowing that the surprise was not going to be a promotion or something good. Maeghan touched her hand, "stay strong Natalie, text me where you are and I'll come around." Natalie was delighted that she had made a friend that was so caring about her, she could really see a true friendship blossoming, one that would last forever. Following Diana, they got into the elevator. Eventually, they got out of the elevator which had gone to the 8th floor where one of the various swimming pools in the hotel were. Pinning Natalie's arms to her sides, Carole and Jessica walked directly behind Diana and into the swimming area which was closed until 10:30. They sat down in deck chairs which overlooked the pool. Natalie was curious as to why they had come here instead of a conference room. 

Holding a clipboard in her hands, Diana smiled evilly. "Natalie, I'm going to test you on your knowledge of the history of the hotel. If you get everything right, you may return to your post. On the other hand, if you get a question wrong, well, let's just say there'll be something interesting. You may use the toilet before we commence so as we don't interrupt your exam." Natalie nodded and walked away to the bathroom. Closing the door behind her, she took out her iPhone 12 and went into her WhatsApp. She texted Maeghan, "I'm upstairs on the 8th-floor swimming pool. Come quickly, but don't come barging in immediately, Diana will know then I've called for you."

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:16 am

Returning from the bathroom, Natalie put her phone in one of the lockers and sat down in one of the chairs by the pool. Diana shook her head angrily, " come on Natalie, I haven't got all day. Now, let us begin. The questions shall be simple at first, but as they go along, they will get more difficult."

Question 1. "What year was the hotel founded?"

Natalie, "It was founded in 1975"

Question 2. Who founded the hotel?

Natalie, "It was founded by Clara's mother, Serena, who decided she had enough of being a lawyer and wanted to go down the hotel route.

Question 3. "Why was it called La Parisienne?"

Natalie, "It was called La Parisienne after a cafe in Paris that Serena really liked as a student during a summer holiday in France." 

Question 4. "Who was the first staff member to become the front desk manager in 1977?"

Natalie, "That would have been Alisha Jackson who left in 1982 to raise her children full-time after her husband divorced her following an affair he had with a legal secretary."

Question 5. "What year and month of said year, did Clara take charge of the hotel following the death of her mother?"

Natalie, "That would have been in May 2016."

Question 6, "Are there any other branches of this hotel around the world?"

Natalie, "There are seven branches spread across Europe and Asia."

Question 7, "Can you tell us where those seven branches are?"

Natalie, "Qatar, this branch in England, Italy, Spain, Albania, Denmark and India."

Diana smiled evilly again. "Natalie, I hate to have to say this but you were wrong on those last two questions, there are only six branches. We've got no branch in Denmark." Clicking her fingers, Diana watched as Carole and Jessica stood Natalie up and pinned her arms to her sides. They walked over to the edge of the pool. Natalie gulped in fear. She knew very well what was coming next. Releasing their grip on her, Natalie watched as Diana strolled over to her with a look of genuine glee in her eyes. "Sorry Natalie, but it's for your own good, you should have brushed up more on your knowledge, but now, your punishment has come. I hope you put on your swimming togs under your uniform because you are going for a swim. Girls, you two do the honors." Nodding in agreement, Carole and Jessica walked over towards Natalie who was scared stiff. She could not believe her mentor, who only a few days ago had praised her for her hotel prowess and serious potential, was about to do something as vile as this." 

Last edited by MatthewJames7 on Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:15 am; edited 2 times in total

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:47 am

Carole then aggressively shoved Natalie into the pool. Natalie screamed when she fell into the cold water especially considering she was wearing her hotel uniform. A lifeguard came out to inspect the sound of the screaming. "What happened here?" Diana glared at her with malice and replied, "none of your business is what happened. I was just giving Natalie here her initiation ceremony, that's all, and by the way, you may be the lifeguard around here but I am the manager of this hotel but not the owner, and if you even dare to tell anyone about what happened here, I shall personally see to it that you are fired from this job and you'll never work in another hotel again. Now carry on with your duties, this pool shall be opening in a few minutes and I would like it to be in top shape for guests to be able to use it." Looking down at Natalie who was floating around in the water, soaked to the skin, Diana exclaimed, "Natalie darling, your first mistake was being put under my mentorship. Now if you will excuse me, I am very busy." Carole and Jessica then started taking pictures of Natalie in the pool.

Diana, Carole, and Jessica walked away in gales of laughter at how they had embarrassed Natalie. Suddenly the door opened. Natalie was relieved when she saw that Maeghan had arrived to help her. Climbing out of the pool, Natalie sat down in one of the deckchairs and burst into tears. "It's not fair Maeghan, it's not fair!! First of all, Diana thinks of me as a new star around here, and now she, Carole, and Jessica embarrassed me. I'm going to be the laughing stock of the entire staff. I can't go around the hotel soaked to the skin. I like the suit and tie attire, it makes me feel powerful and confident, but not when I'm absolutely soaked." Maeghan turned to the lifeguard, "could you get me some towels please?" Nodding, the lifeguard walked away to the stock-room. 

"Natalie, Diana is a snake. She is a horrible person who only cares about how she can be the best around here. She has an insatiable lust for power and will step over anyone in order to achieve it. People around here know that she's been after Clara's ownership for months and is carefully biding her time to strike when she knows Clara will be weakest."

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:43 pm

Handing Natalie a spare hotel uniform, Maeghan took her by the hand. "Come on Natalie, I can't have my friend moping around soaked to the skin, let's get you dried off and get you changed." Natalie nodded in agreement and followed Maeghan into a changing room. Getting changed, Natalie turned to Maeghan with a smile. "Maeghan, I know we're only friends a couple of days, but I've just realized that my feelings for you are more than just friends, I think I love you" Maeghan blushed slightly, her cheeks going a light pink color. "Natalie, this may come as a surprise, but I feel the same way about you. I broke up with a boyfriend of mine last month and since then I've been trying to fill the void with other things, but the moment I saw you, I knew that you could be the one to help me fill that void. Nothing makes me happier than when I'm with you, it really makes my day. You're beautiful and kind to me. There is nobody or nothing that makes me happier than when I see you arriving every morning. Anyways, let's go downstairs and return to our duties." 

Walking down the corridor, they got into elevator and went down to the main lobby. Suddenly, Natalie noticed that people were looking at her and sniggering under their breaths. She then realised that Carole and Jessica had already sent the pictures of her in the pool around to the hotel staff WhatsApp group chat. At that precise moment, Carole noticed them by the elevator. "Well, if it isn't Natalie. I see you have a new uniform, luckily there are always spares in the stock room." Natalie looked furious with her. "Carole, your sick and twisted games have gone far enough. You have made me look like a complete idiot in our group chat which has been a bitter blow to my self-respect." Carole laughed, "Natalie, I would be very careful in choosing your next words, because I have the power in my two hands to not only make you a laughing stock in this hotel, but all around the world. You mess with me and I will personally see to it that you will quit this job, leave in tears and then I will make you a worldwide joke."

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:09 pm

Watching as Carole walked away to the elevator, Natalie looked at Maeghan with determination. "Maeghan, seeing as Diana and those two sick and twisted bitches she calls her daughters are basically running the show with an iron fist, I think it's time we took this to a higher authority, Clara will be able to help me." Maeghan nodded enthusiastically, "let's do it, time for us to get a little payback for all the hell they have put us through." Getting into the nearby elevator, Natalie and Maeghan discussed what they were going to say to Clara when they arrived at her office. The elevator doors pinged open once they had reached the top floor.

Natalie and Maeghan walked down the long winding corridor that led to Clara's office, eventually pulling up outside her door. Looking over, Natalie noticed that Clara's private secretary was under her desk trembling with fear. "Natalie, Maeghan, thank God you're here. It's Diana, she's taken over Clara's office. She's tied up Clara and put her in her wardrobe, but I managed to escape when she wasn't looking. You two be careful, she's got a gun and I'd say she intends to use it. You two are our only hope. It's in your hands to rescue us from Diana. I've summoned the police so when you go in, keep her occupied until they arrive. I'll whistle when they're here, ok?" 

Natalie gulped silently in view of the daunting task she was about to face. Life always has challenges, but this, Natalie thought, is a whole new thing." Knocking on the door, they heard Diana's voice, "come in." Opening the door, Diana was stunned to see Maeghan and Natalie on the other side. "Well, if it isn't Natalie and her fairy princess Maeghan, come in sit down, and shut up before I begin to have reasons to use this gun on either of you. I've it cocked and loaded so that if either of you infuriates me, I'll have no delay in being able to shoot either of you stone dead." Suddenly, they heard Clara's secretary whistle which they knew meant the police were there. One of them aggressively kicked the door in which as a result of the force of the kick nearly snapped off its hinges in one clean blow. "NYPD, you're under arrest for conspiracy, attempted murder, kidnapping, and extortion charges." Diana laughed, "Am I really? I didn't know I was that good at being a master criminal. There is only one problem here ladies, I have two hostages right here in front of me. You do anything rash, I shall not hesitate to kill them one at a time."

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:45 pm

What will happen next? Will Diana succeed in her coup of the hotel and take charge ousting Clara and firing her completely, in turn shaping the hotel into her plans, or will Natalie and Maeghan, as newly-made girlfriends, find a way to overcome Diana? Will they succeed in taking down Natalie's former kind-hearted mentor turned power-hungry tyrant and master criminal, and her two evil suits and tie-wearing daughters and rescue the hotel from their evil clutches??

Let me know below, and the story can hopefully reach its conclusion and I shall hope to work on a new project soon

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:29 am

Plot twist:

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:58 am

Sitting down at Clara's desk, Diana smiled, a look of sheer evil on her face and unlimited power at her disposal. It was the best day of her entire hotel career, she had become the new owner of the hotel. Suddenly, the door opened and Carole walked in. Standing next to her mother, she smiled triumphantly. Winking at Natalie and Maeghan, she pinned Diana to the table. Natalie and Maeghan looked stunned at this ordeal. Carole was rebelling against her own mother. The officers returned and put Diana in handcuffs. Escorting her out of the room, Diana screamed angrily at Carole, "I hate you!! You're no daughter of mine." Carole shrugged this off, replying, "and you're no mother of mine. Jessica had also been handcuffed and then the officers walked out of the room with them. 

Natalie looked at Carole with a look of surprise. "Carole, why did you betray your own mother?" Carole replied, "she and Jessica were bad influences, they needed to be removed from their jobs. Natalie, I am so sorry for everything we did to you. It's our fault, we shouldn't have done that to you. We tried to make your life here a living hell, but deep down I knew that you could be a friend, and if I told my mother and Jessica, they'd fire me on the spot for turning against their plot. Now that this has been cleared up, I want to take you down to the staff room where I wish to make a very special announcement as front desk manager." 

Walking down to the elevator, they got in and headed for the staff room accompanied by the released Clara who had agreed to the announcement. Upon arrival, everyone noticed Carole and sat down. "Ladies and gentlemen, following the arrest of my mother and sister, and Clara went to her duties, I, the front desk manager have a special announcement to make. Most of you hate me, and that's understandable. I apologize for my heinous actions, but this announcement is not about me. It is about a very special young woman who helped us through this precarious situation. She showed extreme bravery and courage, and as a result, I am announcing that Natalie shall be the new front desk manager. You will all listen to her and obey her at all times."

Natalie smiled with awe. "Carole, thank you so much, I'd be honored to be the front desk manager, and you and Maeghan will be my second and third in command. Now, everyone, listen up, while Carole and I were walking along the corridor, we have decided to implement a new hotel uniform, and everyone shall wear it without objection. This is an extremely luxurious hotel, and we need to be properly dressed at all times. Seeing as Diana is no longer in charge, we shall be making some changes around here. From Monday week, you will all be given the new uniform."

A fortnight later, Natalie walked into the hotel lobby when a staff member passed her. Telling her to stop, Natalie exclaimed, "Anna, where are your blazer and tie? I made it very clear that everyone was to be properly dressed at all times. Now, get dressed and return to your duties." She then walked into the staff room where she was greeted by Carole and Maeghan. "girls, I love you both, and this shall be our love triangle." Both Carole and Maeghan instantly agreed. Carole placed a red necktie around her neck and Natalie walked over to her, "allow me, Carole." Tying Carole's tie in a Windsor knot, Natalie smiled. Carole looked at herself in a mirror and smiled at her appearance.

Natalie, Carole and Maeghan now ran the day to day operations of the hotel, and the duties of the staff were carried out in a calm and collected manner. They had helped to rescue the hotel from Diana's evil clutches. Carole had decided to take a year off to travel the world and to find her true self, not the Carole that had ran the hotel alongside her evil mother and sister with an iron fist . Natalie and Maeghan over time realised that they were destined for each other and ended up getting married in the hotel. Not long after their marriage, Natalie and Maeghan had a beautiful baby girl which they called Kate Carole. It was decided by both that Carole would be Kate's godmother. While she was travelling around the world, Carole had met a woman from Ireland called Marita and got married to her. So, to summarise, all four became best friends. They also became next door neighbours and every second night Natalie or Carole would invite the other over for dinner and they would all wear suits and ties.

MatthewJames7

Michael Bryan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down