Shirt and Tie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have you ever slept in a suit and tie?

+3
fotw2012
auroki
SnTMG
7 posters

Go down

Have you ever slept in a suit and tie? Empty Have you ever slept in a suit and tie?

Post by SnTMG Mon May 02, 2022 12:25 pm

Accidental or on purpose? I'm not talking about suit pajamas either.

One of my favorite experiences with wearing a suit and tie was a weekend experiment. Upon arriving home from work (normal clothes) I showered and put on a black tuxedo with a vest and bowtie. I spent the evening attired and when it was time for bed I didn't want to take it off, but at the same time I didn't want to wrinkle it unnecessarily. So I changed out of the tuxedo and put on a plain dress shirt and pants with a necktie and crawled into bed. When I woke up I was beyond thrilled to start my day with a tight knot still tied. I continued my morning until it was time to get dressed for the day. This time I knew I would be sleeping in my suit of choice so I selected a plain black 3 piece suit and made sure I was wearing shirt tail garters and suspenders/braces. When the time came for bed I simply slipped off my jacket and shoes and crawled into bed. The next morning I was still just as thrilled to awaken dressed up. All in all I spent every moment outside of the shower suited and tied for the whole weekend.

There is a part of me that would love to try it all again but for a week.

SnTMG

auroki likes this post

Back to top Go down

Have you ever slept in a suit and tie? Empty Re: Have you ever slept in a suit and tie?

Post by auroki Wed May 04, 2022 8:59 pm

A few times on both occasions. Once during New Years Party I had fallen asleep with my suit still on. Thankfully my partner at the time (she was also suited up with me) had the decency to remove my jacket and tie while I was out. I roll in my sleep and they didn't want me choking on the tie or possibly ruining my jacket. She made sure to fix my clothing in the morning with me still in it as I woke up.

Other times were for more intimate matters at the request of someone else I was involved with. I had to keep a suit on for a full day. I could loosen the tie or unbutton some of the clothing if I requested it. One of the times ended with me tied to a bed and having all the garments undone except for the tie which snugged to my neck properly. It was her work around to my rolling in my sleep problem.

auroki

SnTMG likes this post

Back to top Go down

Have you ever slept in a suit and tie? Empty Re: Have you ever slept in a suit and tie?

Post by fotw2012 Mon May 09, 2022 1:24 am

Tried a few years ago but couldn't fall asleep. Later I had a few chances to wear suit and tie and snap in cars/trains. I loosed my tie and undone the top button for that, and the first thing after I woke up was to resume the perfect status of them.

fotw2012

https://www.instagram.com/inezhynes/

auroki likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by auroki Tue May 10, 2022 9:08 pm

fotw2012 wrote:Tried a few years ago but couldn't fall asleep. Later I had a few chances to wear suit and tie and snap in cars/trains. I loosed my tie and undone the top button for that, and the first thing after I woke up was to resume the perfect status of them.

It's so natural to immediately want to correct the tie and top button. It feels weird to leave any of it undone while conscious for long.

auroki

Back to top Go down

Post by fotw2012 Wed May 11, 2022 12:17 pm

auroki wrote:
fotw2012 wrote:Tried a few years ago but couldn't fall asleep. Later I had a few chances to wear suit and tie and snap in cars/trains. I loosed my tie and undone the top button for that, and the first thing after I woke up was to resume the perfect status of them.

It's  so natural to immediately want to correct the tie and top button.  It feels weird to leave any of it undone while conscious for long.

I won't allow that to happen even when I'm alone. The zero-finger rule for the shirt collar is what I stick to.

fotw2012

auroki likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by auroki Thu May 12, 2022 6:37 am

fotw2012 wrote:
auroki wrote:

It's  so natural to immediately want to correct the tie and top button.  It feels weird to leave any of it undone while conscious for long.

I won't allow that to happen even when I'm alone. The zero-finger rule for the shirt collar is what I stick to.

Same. I was raised by very old etiquette standards. You keep yourself composed in a formal setting at all times in public unless you're sick or injured.

auroki

Back to top Go down

Post by fotw2012 Thu May 12, 2022 11:25 am

auroki wrote:
fotw2012 wrote:
auroki wrote:

Same. I was raised by very old etiquette standards. You keep yourself composed in a formal setting at all times in public unless you're sick or injured.

How lucky you are. For me it's more like a self-education. It's now been part of me.

fotw2012

auroki likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorries Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:38 pm

Sleeping in a suit & tie? I do it all the time. I wear a suit and tie everyday for work- with a pretty long commute. When I get home I don’t even change my clothes. A lot of nights I’ll crash watching TV on the couch & spend the entire night still in a dress shirt & tie (a suit too if it’s chilly). 

When you wear a suit and tie day in & day out, they become pretty comfortable. Wearing them has become second nature to me.

Lorries

auroki and thesuitedbrand like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by auroki Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:38 am

Lorries wrote:Sleeping in a suit & tie? I do it all the time. I wear a suit and tie everyday for work- with a pretty long commute. When I get home I don’t even change my clothes. A lot of nights I’ll crash watching TV on the couch & spend the entire night still in a dress shirt & tie (a suit too if it’s chilly). 

When you wear a suit and tie day in & day out, they become pretty comfortable. Wearing them has become second nature to me.

Nice. My job is a labor heavy maintenance one. So a suit isn't the sort of thing I'd wear when digging machine parts out or powerwashing a building during the summer. Though quite often I am prone to going straight home, into the shower and changing into a full three piece suit buttoned to the top with the tie snugged in firmly and going bout my home hobbies with some class.

My partner has also taken to doing this as well sometimes when she gets home from work. Though sometimes she will sub the skirt suit for a pinafore dress over her blouse and tie. Quite the treat for my eyes.

auroki

Richard Small likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by B98 Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:11 am

done it many times

B98

Back to top Go down

Post by Xerxes Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:34 am

Same here. I’ve dressed in collar and tie in the morning, stayed in it all day and all night, and only taken it off in the morning to shower and put on a clean shirt and tie!

Xerxes

auroki likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by B98 Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:31 am

Xerxes wrote:Same here. I’ve dressed in collar and tie in the morning, stayed in it all day and all night, and only taken it off in the morning to shower and put on a clean shirt and tie!
How  tight do you do your tie for 24 hours

B98

Back to top Go down

Post by Xerxes Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:28 pm

B98 wrote:
Xerxes wrote:Same here. I’ve dressed in collar and tie in the morning, stayed in it all day and all night, and only taken it off in the morning to shower and put on a clean shirt and tie!
How  tight do you do your tie for 24 hours

As you’d expect, tight and perfectly knitted. 

Collar size carefully calibrated to be tighter than I’d wear if not into this, but not tighter than can feasibly worn for a day’s work.

Xerxes

Back to top Go down

Post by SnTMG Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:25 pm

Loving all these answers. I knew I wasn't the only one who has done it. Just imagine a whole week/month. The only time you're not wearing a shirt and tie would be in the shower. Every possible moment of a month you would have a tie tightly knotted against your neck.

SnTMG

auroki likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Small Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:18 pm

auroki wrote:My partner has also taken to doing this as well sometimes when she gets home from work. Though sometimes she will sub the skirt suit for a pinafore dress over her blouse and tie. Quite the treat for my eyes.

A pinafore, blouse and tie? My God you lucky man.

Richard Small

auroki likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by auroki Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:48 am

Richard Small wrote:
auroki wrote:My partner has also taken to doing this as well sometimes when she gets home from work. Though sometimes she will sub the skirt suit for a pinafore dress over her blouse and tie. Quite the treat for my eyes.

A pinafore, blouse and tie? My God you lucky man.

Yeah! We go out shopping for stuff together and while looking for stuff for her, we managed to find some nice ones that fit just perfectly! Truly a beautiful aesthetic to see a lady in

auroki

gore459 and Richard Small like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down