Shirt and Tie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it just me

+3
Necktie
auroki
Witterer
7 posters

Go down

Is it just me Empty Is it just me

Post by Witterer Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:09 am

Or are a few more ladies wearing ties from choice these days?

Witterer

auroki likes this post

Back to top Go down

Is it just me Empty Re: Is it just me

Post by auroki Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:55 am

The 20s have come back almost full circle. Economy is mess, countries hate each other and suits and classy clothing have come back into style after a few decades of sweatpants and way too casual fridays.

auroki

Back to top Go down

Post by Necktie Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:22 pm

I have seen only two or three women in non-uniform tie in my entire life!!! and those we pedestrians just passing. Based on Instagram profiles, I can say it is not just you, but quite honestly it must super duper rare.

Necktie

Back to top Go down

Post by Witterer Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:48 am

The big city is the place!

Witterer

Back to top Go down

Post by blend Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:20 am

Actually, in Germany I would say no. Aside from a few celebrities on television there is nearly zero chance to see a woman in tie in public. The last time I saw one was in 2009 or so. Back then (2005/6-2009, if I remember correctly?!) it was a really a fashion trend and you got to see the look even in clubs. It was still not quite common for women, but noticeable.

Since 2009 the tie is slowly disappearing. Even in business most men doesn't wear tie anymore. Regarding to mens fashion it is a developement that started around 2014/2015. Maybe there will be a comeback one day, but I'm really sorry that I don't expect this in the foreseeable future.

blend

Back to top Go down

Post by fotw2012 Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:26 am

If JK (Japanese school girl uniforms or equivalent) count then definitely yes, especially in east Asian countries. More and more young ladies wear it with a tie as their daily outfit. Middle class ladies in these countries, e.g. China, Japan, and Korea, also start to appreciate and wear styles such as tweed or ivy, which in many cases involve a tie. From what I have seen, classic fashion brands like Gucci and Balenciaga (and of course Ralph Lauren as always) add ties as an element to their products recently. I think this will strongly affect and guide the public taste too.

fotw2012

https://www.instagram.com/inezhynes/

Back to top Go down

Post by blend Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:17 am

I hope so, but that doesn't reflect the public taste at least in Germany. Ties are seen as mostly outdated to be honest. Occasionally there are news or fashion magazine stories that pick up the newest fashion shows from the above mentioned brands, but without any effect on the use of ties by women. Even classic button down shirts  seem to be rare and are replaced by some kind of blouses or t-shirts in business context (speaking of women of course). Sorry to say that for us here in Western Europe.

Maybe I have to move to East Asia  Wink Judging by instagram posts etc. the situation seems to be different in UK and North America too...or is it just me that ties are still a thing there?!

blend

Back to top Go down

Post by Witterer Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:09 am

In he UK they are coming back it seems But that is more to do with the end of the lockdown and the recession.  So folks are smarter and ties do come into it.

Witterer

Back to top Go down

Post by Necktie Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:15 pm

well, US is the worst of all I guess. You'd be lucky to see people in something other than their pajamas.

Necktie

Back to top Go down

Post by xxxzvp Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:49 am

Both of my exes wore ties in public, from around 2003-2016. It almost always got a few colorful comments, both good and bad, but honestly more positive comments , and by quite a margin. From both men and women. There was one coworker back in the late 90’s that would wear a proper suit and tie on occasion, but she is the only one I can recall

xxxzvp

Satin_and_Necktie_fetish likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by auroki Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:41 am

Here's to hoping suiting up makes a comeback at some point. Not even just for the women but guys too. The sweatpant era has lasted too long!

Last edited by auroki on Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total

auroki

Xerxes likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by auroki Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:42 am

Necktie wrote:well, US is the worst of all I guess. You'd be lucky to see people in something other than their pajamas.

Yeah it doesn't help much either that most basic US stores that people clothes shop at don't even carry cheap dress shirts or ties anymore. The brick and mortar wants to sell cheap and lazy clothes to everyone, meaning you'd have to find a proper store to get even a basic suit which will cost ya.

And a lot of suit and tie shops usually don't have stuff geared for the female frame making it more difficult and expensive for a gal to suit up with the guys. Damn shame, as my better half doesn't mind wearing a tie once a while but gets irritated that sometimes even a basic solid color necktie will cost ya a bit cause walmart doesn't sell the $10 ones anymore.

auroki

Xerxes likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Necktie Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:15 pm

Well, half of my colleagues are in flip-flops at work, the other half are in the same pajamas they went to bed last night. Speaking of suit in such an environment is raising the bar to an unimaginably higher level. All those stores know such American culture, and in the interest of sell the inventory as quick as possible, they only sell what the general population want. 

Sadly, it seems like these days, at least in the US, everyone is pushed to the "the clumsier and more casual (read cheap) you dress-up the better it is" side. 

In such a culture where even a man in a tie will look one in a million, I cannot imagine how rare/uncomfortable a woman in tie will be.

Necktie

auroki likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by chritz Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:29 am

blend wrote:I hope so, but that doesn't reflect the public taste at least in Germany. Ties are seen as mostly outdated to be honest. Occasionally there are news or fashion magazine stories that pick up the newest fashion shows from the above mentioned brands, but without any effect on the use of ties by women. Even classic button down shirts  seem to be rare and are replaced by some kind of blouses or t-shirts in business context (speaking of women of course). Sorry to say that for us here in Western Europe.

Maybe I have to move to East Asia  Wink Judging by instagram posts etc. the situation seems to be different in UK and North America too...or is it just me that ties are still a thing there?!

@blend: you've got a pm Smile

chritz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum