Shirt and Tie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New Job

2 posters

Go down

How should Sarah deal with her new adversary?

The New Job Vote_lcap60%The New Job Vote_rcap 60% 
[ 3 ]
The New Job Vote_lcap40%The New Job Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 2 ]
The New Job Vote_lcap0%The New Job Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5

The New Job Empty The New Job

Post by MatthewJames7 Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:23 am

Waking up on the cold Monday, December morning, I looked out of my bedroom window, the footpaths white with frost and the snow on the trees, turning them white instead of their usual brown color. 

Getting up out of my four-poster bed, I walked downstairs where I could smell the aroma of a decaf coffee. I entered the kitchen to find one of my flatmates Alicia wearing a suit and tie and making breakfast. She looked at me and exclaimed, "morning Sarah. Today's the day, your first day in your new job. Listen, I've to go to Phoenix for a business trip and I'll be gone until Wednesday." I looked her up and down and was puzzled at the fact she was wearing a tie. At that moment, another flatmate of ours, Natalie walked in and she too was wearing a suit and tie. 

This was all very strange to me. I had never seen a woman wear a tie before except for when we were in school and we had uniforms, and two of my flatmates were wearing them. Natalie caught my eye, sipped the mug of tea that was in her hand, and exclaimed softly, "Sarah, you find it odd that we are wearing suits and ties? I find it quite thrilling, plus I like wearing men's clothes more so." Our last flatmate Lizzie walked in and like Alicia and Natalie, she was wearing a suit and tie.

Alicia walked over to me and put her arm on my left shoulder. She and Natalie pinned my arms to my sides and took me up the stairs. They took out a suit from the wardrobe and handed it to me. Natalie looked at me with a surprising glint in her eye and Alicia exclaimed, "let's try a suit on you, shall we?" and Natalie gleamed. I couldn't believe it, my flatmates were dressing me as if I was a child. Natalie held a white shirt in her hands and Alicia a black skirt suit and a blue necktie. Natalie took off my pyjama top and put the shirt on me. Alicia then put on the skirt and suit. Natalie then placed the tie around my neck and tied it in a Windsor knot. I looked in the mirror and smiled. I turned to them and exclaimed, "you know something? It's actually quite nice, the suit and the tie, it has an air of professionalism about it. I might just get to like the idea of a suit and tie." They smiled with pride and Alicia replied, "I knew you would Sarah." I turned to her and Natalie and exclaimed, "will you take me suit shopping girls?" and Natalie replied adamantly, "of course we will Sarah, that's without question or doubt." They walked out of the room and I glanced at my reflection yet again and beamed. I walked down the stairs where Natalie and Alicia were waiting at the kitchen door. They walked me into the kitchen and Lizzie turned around. She gleamed with delight and walked over. Taking my tie in her hands, she tightened it and pushed it up to my collar. The girls all agreed that I looked very nice in the suit and tie. I walked out to the hall and picked up my rainjacket from the coat hanger. I put it on the back of my chair and started to eat my breakfast. 

Eventually I finished my breakfast and put on my rainjacket. I walked outside to my car and drove to work. I reached the office building after about twenty minutes. I would have been there quicker not for the wintery conditions outside. Walking inside, I looked around the massive entrance hall which seemed to go on for miles. A couple of women passed me, looked my suit and one muttered to the other, "is she wearing a tie with that suit?" and the other one replied, "mortifying!" I suddenly began to feel anger and another woman who had watched these events walked over to me. She stuck her hand and exclaimed, " hello, you must be Sarah, I'm Nadia, I'm your new boss. Don't mind Peyton and Helena, they claim they're the elite here. I think your suit and tie looks very nice on you." We walked into the elevator and arrived at the 55th floor. Upon arrival, Peyton and Helena passed me again and Peyton exclaimed, "Nadia, tell me this amateur isn't working on this floor with us" and Nadia replied affirmatively, "yes Peyton she is. Peyton, you are to treat her with respect like we spoke about before after the Meredith situation." Peyton nodded and Nadia walked away. Turning to me, Peyton took my tie in her hand and exclaimed, "listen here, I am the elite around here, you mess with me and I will personally make every minute you work here a living hell. Understand? Comprendo?". I nodded and sat down at my desk in fear.

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

The New Job Empty Re: The New Job

Post by MatthewJames7 Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:37 am

After a few hours had passed, Peyton walked over to my desk. I looked at her and replied, "Peyton, why do you hate me so much?" and Peyton rubbed her eye and replied, "I don't hate you, Sarah, I hate the fact that when I joined this job I was told that I wouldn't make it very far in this job and ever since then I've been jealous of any new employee on this floor because I feel they are a threat to my potential. I'm sorry if I came across as a bitch towards you. Your suit is lovely. You know what? Would you like to go for a drink tonight to make up for my dreadful behaviour?". I looked at her and replied, "I know the feeling Peyton, I was participating in a swimming championship when I was seventeen and I came second, and because I lost, I was jealous of the girl who won it for years, but eventually I let it go. You're in the same boat, you're jealous of newcomers because you think they'll be better than you, but my mother told me that there's always someone better than you at anything. You'll find in any job you walk into, whether it be a doctor, teacher, lawyer, and so on and so forth." 

Peyton was surprised by these words and nodded her head in agreement. "Sarah, to make up for my dreadful behaviour, would you like to go for a drink later?". I pondered this offer and replied, "I'd love to, there's a great pub just down the road from my house, my flatmates and I go there all the time." Eventually we finished work at 5:00pm and we walked to our cars. Later on, Peyton arrived at the house wearing a pinstripe suit and before she turned to walk with me, I stopped her and exclaimed, "I like the suit Peyton, but you're forgetting one thing, and she looked at me and exclaimed, "no Sarah, it's not right, a woman wearing a tie." I handed her my tie and asked her just to try it on and see. She placed the tie around her neck and tied in in a four-in-hand knot. I smiled with pride and Peyton exclaimed, "wow, it's actually not bad, I like it." I ran back inside and returned with a tie for myself. We walked into the pub and the bartender exclaimed, "Sarah, lovely to see you as always, the usual I suppose?" and I looked to Peyton and exclaimed, "you like scotch?" and she replied, "yes." I nodded to the bartender. We sat down at a booth and Peyton and I took off our blazers.

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:50 am

Eventually, we finished our drinks and we returned home. I turned to Peyton and exclaimed, "due to the drink, you can't drive home Peyton, would you like to stay at my place tonight?" and Peyton nodded her head and replied, "I'm not imposing am I?" and I shook my head. "Of course not, you're welcome anytime." We arrived back at the house and I introduced her to the girls. I then accompanied Peyton upstairs and into my bedroom. We sat down on my bed and Peyton turned to me.

I turned to her and our eyes met. Suddenly we reached in and we started to kiss each other. Peyton leaned back and exclaimed, "I'm sorry Sarah, I don't know why I did that" and I replied, "why would you be sorry? I liked it, you are a fantastic kisser Peyton, would you like to be my girlfriend?" and Peyton smiled and replied, "I'd gladly be your girlfriend Sarah." Eventually, we fell asleep. The next morning we woke up and Peyton and I got dressed and ready for work. Upon arrival, we walked into the main entrance of the building. Helena passed us and looked to Peyton in shock and exclaimed, "Peyton, what are you wearing?" and Peyton replied, "I'm wearing a suit and a tie as well. Sarah has shown me the error of my ways. Your negativity has been corrupting and clouding my judgment for the last seven years and I've finally had enough of it. Sarah has helped me find a new-found optimism."

Helena shook her head in disbelief and turned to me and took my tie in her hands and aggressively exclaimed, her voice dangerously soft, "you lost me my best friend you little bitch. Peyton has been my friend for the last seven years." She then suddenly slapped me hard in the face, my jaw stinging from the pain. She walked away and I felt tears rolling down my face. Peyton fixed my tie and exclaimed, "don't worry baby, I'm here for you. I'll get some ice and we can take a look at your jaw." I nodded and we got into the elevator and eventually arrived at our floor. Peyton accompanied me into the kitchen and she took out an ice-pack from the fridge and wrapped a towel around it. I groaned in pain from the coldness of the ice-pack. At that moment Helena walked in and I went to speak when Peyton stopped me and interjected, "Sarah, you keep that ice to your jaw, I'll deal with this." I nodded and Peyton turned to Helena and exclaimed, "how dare you slap Sarah like that." Helena turned her nose up and this and walked away, a smile on her face that had malevolence all over it.

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by Xerxes Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:54 am

Loving it!

Xerxes

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:58 am

Thanks, it means a lot. In the future, I'm hoping to be an author and with the more practice I'll improve

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:37 am

We returned to our desks when suddenly Nadia passed me and noticed the ice-pack against my jaw. She turned to me and exclaimed inquisitively, "Sarah, what happened to your jaw?" and Peyton replied, "Helena confronted us in the lobby this morning because Sarah and I are now dating. Sarah showed me the error of my ways and when I told Helena I didn't want to be friends with her anymore and I'm dating Sarah, she slapped Sarah in the face."

Nadia shook her head disapprovingly, shocked at this incident. "That is disgraceful behavior. Sarah, I am so sorry that she did that, Peyton and Sarah follow me please." Walking down the corridor, we arrived at Helena's office and Nadia walked in. "Ever hear of knocking Nadia?" and Nadia replied furiously, "how dare you speak to me like that? I am here to confront you over your incident this morning with Sarah. That was absolutely out of order Helena, give me one good reason why I shouldn't have you fired, let alone arrested for assaulting a co-worker." Helena glanced at me with a glare that was like that of a venomous snake watching over its fallen prey. Helena cleared her throat and exclaimed, "Nadia, I've been your hardest-working staff member for five years straight." 

Shaking her head, Nadia picked up her phone and dialled the police number. "Let us see what the police have to say about this, shall we?". Helena ignored this statement and carried on working, not taking a blind bit of notice of everyone else in the room." After a half-hour had passed, two female police officers wearing full police uniform, a black skirt and a black blazer and blue necktie arrived.

One of them straightened her tie and exclaimed, "morning ladies, I'm Officer Rose, this is my partner, Officer Laura." Rose turned to Nadia who explained the entire incident to her. Laura walked behind Helena's desk and stood her upright. "Helena Rodriguez, you're under arrest on charges of assault, you have the right to remain silent, however anything you say can be used as evidence in a federal court."

Rose handed Laura the handcuffs and turned Helena around. Peyton looked to Laura and quizzed, "do you get many arrests related to assault? and Rose replied, "yes, in 2018, we had 50,000 arrests for assault charges, and last year, it had increased to 80,000. The most common one is drunken assault."

Laura handcuffed Helena and accompanied her out of the office. Helena then turned to Peyton and I and exclaimed furiously, "I hate you both. You cost me my job and my promotion." Nadia turned to her and replied softly, "Helena, you have done that yourself. Your shallow and selfish attempts to undermine me and take my position for yourself and now this assault charge. I don't see anyone else to blame for you ruining your own career." Helena glared at her and then Rose and Laura marched her into the elevator. 

Nadia smiled and exclaimed, "Sarah, in light of this, I am promoting you to Helena's vacant position." I smiled with happiness and Peyton turned to me, fixed my tie and replied, "baby, I'm so proud of you." Then she turned to Peyton. "Peyton, I had already announced that today was going to be my last day here, and I would like it very much if you would become my successor." Peyton felt a tear roll down her cheek, she was both happy and sad, happy at her new promotion, and sad because the woman who had taken her under her wing was retiring. Eventually the day finished and Peyton and I walked outside holding hands and Peyton piped up, "Sarah, as a congratulations on your promotion, would you like to go on a dinner date with me?" and I kissed her and replied, "I'd like that more than anything."

Last edited by MatthewJames7 on Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:00 am; edited 1 time in total

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:10 am

We both went home and got dressed for our dinner date. I decided on a red dress with a black suit jacket over it and a pair of my late mother's earrings. Putting on my high-heels, I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen where Lizzie, Natalie, and Alicia turned to me, and they all exclaimed in admiration, "don't you look pretty, Sarah." I blushed at this and Natalie handed me a box and I opened it to discover a diamond necklace inside and Alicia explained, "we heard from an anonymous source about your promotion Sarah, and we decided between the three of us to buy you a little congratulatory gift." I hugged them all and set out for the restaurant. I arrived after twenty minutes. Upon arrival, I was met by a waitress who was wearing a white shirt and a black skirt and a tie. She looked to me and exclaimed, "Hello, and welcome, how may we be of service tonight?"

I replied, "Hello, I'm meeting my girlfriend here, the reservation is under Peyton." The waitress nodded and asked me to follow her. We arrived at the table and Peyton stood up. She was wearing a tuxedo and I kissed her, exclaiming, "you look beautiful Peyton." She kissed me back and we sat down and started chatting. Eventually, our meals arrived and we ate them. I had a steak and a side of vegetables, and Peyton had a lamb dish. After the meal, we walked out to our cars and kissed each other before saying goodbye.

Over the coming months, the relationship between Peyton and I grew stronger, and one Saturday she came over to the house and we decided to go for a walk in the nearby park and take in the various sights and landmarks around the city. We decided to sit down on a bench and we sipped our bottles of water. Peyton suddenly turned to me and exclaimed, "Sarah, over the past year my love for you has gotten stronger and stronger with each passing day, and in that year I have come to realize there's no-one like you, you're kind, beautiful, you know how to make me laugh, you're caring" and I had a gut feeling I knew where she was going with this and I smiled with happiness and a tear rolling down my cheek. She got down on one knee, took a box out of her pocket, and opened it. Inside was an emerald ring, and she turned to me and exclaimed, "Sarah Diana, will you marry me?" and I, fighting through tears, nodded my head and replied, "yes, I will Peyton."

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:57 am

A month passed and we arrived to the day of our wedding. The girls and I were sitting in my bedroom. Natalie picked up my wedding dress and I got changed into it. I looked at myself in the mirror and they all exclaimed, "Sarah, you look beautiful." I turned to them and replied, "thank you, all of you, it means a lot to have great friends like you with me." Eventually, we arrived at the church and the wedding began. Peyton was wearing a black tuxedo and I whispered, "you look beautiful sweetheart, this is the happiest day of my life because I'm marrying the woman I love." 

Peyton smiled at this praise and eventually, the priest came to the I do's and firstly he turned to Peyton and exclaimed, "do you, Peyton Selene take this woman, Sarah Diana, to be your lawfully wedded wife?" and she replied, "I do." Then he turned to me and repeated the question exclaiming, "Sarah Diana, do you take Peyton Selene to be your lawfully wedded wife?" and I answered, " I do." "You may now kiss the bride."

We kissed each other and the crowd applauded and cheered very loudly. Peyton turned to me and whispered, "I love you, Sarah." I smiled and replied, "I love you too Peyton."

A fortnight later, after our honeymoon to Portugal and Spain, Peyton and I returned to work and upon arrival at our floor, we walked in when suddenly everyone started to applaud us. Susana, a colleague who started the day after I was promoted, walked over with something in her hand and exclaimed, "this is a congratulatory gift from all of us here." We opened it and inside was a framed photograph of everyone. Peyton and I group hugged everyone and I turned to Susana. "Susana, it's beautiful" Peyton exclaimed happily. 

That evening, Peyton and I returned home. We put the photo on top of our dresser next to our wedding photos, smiled and held our hands together. It was the beginning of a fantastic marriage and a fantastic life together. 

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:03 am

Should I continue from there or leave it as it is??

Maybe fast forward 17 years into the future and Peyton and Sarah have a 17-year-old daughter who is currently in secondary school and they help her with teenage issues?

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:20 am

17 years later:

17 years had passed by and I had moved out of my flat. Peyton and I were still happily married. In those 17 years, we also had a baby girl who we decided to call Diana Rose, after my middle name and a former friend of mine who had tragically passed away the previous year.

Diana, in what seemed like the click of a finger, had grown into a mature, beautiful young woman. Everybody said that she looked very resemblant to me, but she had Peyton's ocean-blue eyes. Diana was in her second-last year of school in the local private secondary school and she was a very good student, always getting very good grades and being highly commended by her teachers. They told me one day that she always arrived at school with her uniform always impeccable, her tie pushed up to her collar and her top button always closed.

One day I was collecting her from school when she came out, and I could see her jaw was quite red. The principal, Ashley, who happened to be my sister, had accompanied her and they exclaimed, "Sarah, I came out to tell you about an incident with Diana. A student and her little band of misfits confronted her in the corridor about something and when Diana went to reply, they slapped her in the jaw. They are currently sitting in my office. If you would like to accompany me to my office." 

I nodded and got out of the car. We walked inside and down a long corridor. Eventually, we arrived at Ashley's office and walked inside. The girls who had slapped Diana were all sitting in chairs. Ashley sat down at her desk and placed her hands on it. 

She turned to the girls and exclaimed, "girls, this is absolutely shocking behavior. You crossed a line, and I am absolutely appalled at this incident."

The leader of the group spoke up and exclaimed, "I'm sick and tired of Diana getting everything handed to her, and she's the favorite student of the entire teaching staff." Ashley looked at her and replied, "silence, I did not give you permission to speak. For the record Ruby, just because Diana is my niece, she does not get anything handed to her, she works hard for all her accomplishments and she is not the favorite student of any teacher, we are not allowed to show favoritism towards any student. Diana studies very hard, and she always comes to school appropriately dressed at all times, which is more than can be said for your uniform. I have to correct you on a near-daily basis about yours, now fix your uniform this instant." 

I watched as Ruby reluctantly re-tied her tie and pushed it up to her collar and closed her top button, and the other girls followed her in this. Ashley turned to Diana and exclaimed, "Diana, I'm so sorry this happened, sweetheart." Ruby looked at Diana with a look of disgust that would have made a cat sick, and Ashley caught this look and exclaimed, "Ruby, you and your friends shall have a week's detention, every day after school until 5 o'clock." Ruby looked at her with horror on her face and then reluctantly apologized to Diana. Ashley then dismissed them and they walked out of the office. She then turned to me and exclaimed, "Sarah, I'm so sorry to have put you through all that." She then turned to Diana and exclaimed separately, "Diana, I am proud of you every single day, both as a student and my niece. You have grown into a beautiful young woman in what feels like the blink of an eye."

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum