Shirt and Tie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Party

Go down

The Party Empty The Party

Post by MatthewJames7 Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:14 am

Sitting in a chair in her garden patio, Anna watched as the sun started to set. At that moment, her daughter Megan walked out and sat down in the chair next to her. Turning to her, Anna could see Megan had a nervous look on her face and exclaimed, "what's the matter sweetheart?" and Megan replied, "I've nothing to wear for Katie's birthday party and she's doing a formal attire dress code this year." Anna sipped her coffee and pondered. Eventually, she came up with a solution and exclaimed, "we'll go to town in the morning, go around the shops and see what we can pick up, surely there'll be something." Megan smiled and walked back inside and Anna soon followed her. They spent the rest of the evening chatting and eventually they went to bed. 

The next morning Anna woke up and knocked on Megan's door and exclaimed, "Megan, time to get up. We've to go to town." Megan replied she was getting out of bed and emerged a couple of minutes later wearing an MMA t-shirt, a pair of denim jeans, and a pair of red and black runners.

They got into the car and drove off in the direction of town. Parking the car in the local car-park, they got out and walked into the main town area. After what seemed like forever, they passed a shop and they walked inside. A tall, slim, blonde-haired woman, with a name badge that read Jessica, walked over and exclaimed, "afternoon ladies, how may I help you today?" and Anna replied, "my daughter is looking for something to wear to an evening party on Saturday and we've been around most of the shops and we've seen nothing we like. We just saw the stock in the window and said we'd come in." 

Jessica nodded and asked them to follow her upstairs. They walked into a room and Megan glanced around at the different stock items. Jessica wandered around for a bit and returned with some items in her hand and exclaimed, " try this on and see what you think." She handed Megan a black suit jacket, a blue shirt with a white collar and a red necktie and then asked if she'd prefer a skirt or trousers. Megan answered that she'd prefer a skirt. 

Megan then walked into the changing room and put on the suit. She then emerged and exclaimed, "can someone do my tie for me please?" and Jessica nodded. She walked over and took the tie in her hands. Megan could feel Jessica's hands tying her tie and then closing her top button and when Jessica had finished, she looked in the mirror and Anna exclaimed, "what do you think sweetheart?" and Megan replied, "I love it". She walked back into the changing room and put on her regular clothes. 

They followed Jessica downstairs and handed her the suit. Jessica scanned the suit and exclaimed, "in total, that comes to 56.50" and Anna handed her the money. They walked outside and returned to the car and drove home.

Saturday arrived with what seemed like the click of a finger and Megan was in her bedroom. She picked up the suit and got dressed and glanced at her reflection in the mirror. Over the previous few days, Anna had been teaching Megan how to tie a tie and different tie knots.

Tying her tie, Megan looked at herself once more in the mirror and smiled with pride. She walked downstairs and into the kitchen. Anna stood up from the table and walked over. Megan looked at her and exclaimed, "how do I look, Mom?". Anna was about to respond when her other daughter Louise walked in and exclaimed, "she's wearing a tie with that suit? Anyways, I'm heading over to Donna's for a bit" and Anna replied, "no you're not, after that behavior in school the other day you are staying right here. I already took the liberty of phoning Donna's mother and telling her you're not going over tonight." Louise looked at her with horror and reluctantly followed Anna and Megan out into the car.

Eventually, they arrived at Katie's house and Megan knocked on the door. Opening it, Katie smiled, hugged her, and exclaimed, "Megan, come in, you look amazing. Follow me." Megan nodded and walked with Katie into the main hall of the house. 

MatthewJames7

jropika likes this post

Back to top Go down

The Party Empty Re: The Party

Post by MatthewJames7 Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:42 pm

They strolled around the house and Katie showed Megan the changes that had been done over the past few months. At that moment, Katie's mother Melanie walked out, hugged Megan and exclaimed, "I'd say welcome Megan but the fact that you and Katie have been best friends and you've been coming over for the last 14 years, I don't think we need the formalities." 

She was soon followed by Katie's grandmother who looked at Megan and turned to Melanie who was sipping a cup of mocha in her hand. She then softly exclaimed, "who's Katie's friend, Melanie?". Katie's grandmother had been suffering from Alzheimer's disease so her memory wasn't as sharp as it used to be and she often struggled to remember names. Melanie once again sipped her mocha and exclaimed, "it's Megan, Mum, she's been friends with Katie since they were infants, her mother Anna is my best friend and was my bridesmaid at my wedding. Of course, it's a pity that James isn't here for this party but I know deep down that he's watching from above and smiling. Anyways, let's go, I promised I'd have you back in the home by 7." 

They walked away and Megan spotted two girls looking at her from a distance and one muttered to the other, "is she wearing a tie? Come on, let's have a bit of fun with her." They stood up and walked over to Megan and one exclaimed, "waitress, we'd like a glass of wine each" and the other slipped a wad of money into Megan's hand and laughed. Megan could feel tears in her eyes and she ran upstairs and into a bathroom, locking the door behind her. 

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:16 pm

The two girls looked at each other and started laughing incessantly. Katie glared at them and proceeded to make her way over to where they were standing. They were chatting to two boys when Katie walked over and exclaimed, "guys, could you leave us for a few minutes, Charlene, Irina, and I need to have a little girl talk." The two boys nodded and walked away. 

Charlene turned to Katie and could see a look of rage in her eyes. She was about to speak when Katie angrily interjected, "Charlene, why did you do that to Megan?" and Charlene put her arm on Katie's shoulder. She shook her head and exclaimed, "what she's wearing is embarrassing, girls don't wear ties" and Katie replied, "Charlene, just because your mother buys you all the expensive clothes you want, that doesn't give you the right to look down on other people's fashion choices, Megan is my best friend and you embarrassed her."

Charlene scoffed at this, not caring an iota about Megan's feelings. She wiped the dirt off her glasses and then walked away with Irina with smiles on their faces. Katie watched attentively as they returned to talk with the two boys they had been chatting with, Irina laughing at something one of them had said. 

Katie shook her head with frustration that Charlene and Irina had been so cruel towards her best friend of 14 years and had humiliated her in front of everyone. She ran up the stairs and knocked on the bathroom door, "Megan, it's me, Katie, open the door." Megan obligingly opened the door, the tears still rolling down her cheeks and her black eyeliner all smeared because of the tears.

Sitting down on the edge of the bathtub, Katie put her arm around Megan, wiped the remaining tears from her cheeks and exclaimed, "don't mind Charlene and Irina, I think you look very stylish Megan, that tie goes really well with the suit. Now, let's fix you up and go downstairs, I can't have a party without my best friend." Katie fixed Megan's loosened tie, closed her top button, and handed her the blazer. Putting the blazer on, Megan glanced at her reflection and smiled with pride.

They walked downstairs where Charlene and Irina happened to be waiting at the bottom of the stairs. Irina turned to Megan with laughter in her voice, Charlene joining in on the fun. "Back for more Megan? Or have we embarrassed you in front of every single person at this entire party?"

Megan glared at Charlene, anger, and rage filling up inside her. Irina sipped a glass of wine she was holding in her left hand, clearly not caring one little bit about Megan. Katie went to speak when Megan put out her hand, "Katie, this one is mine." Katie nodded her head and stood back. "Charlene, Irina, you may be the most popular girls in school, it's true that nearly everyone in our year practically worships the ground you stand on, but me, I think you two are a pair of self-centered spineless bitches who use everyone to fulfill your own selfish desires and don't care one bit about who you hurt in the process. They say that daughters often inherit their traits from their mothers and your two mothers must have been a total pain in the ass."

Last edited by MatthewJames7 on Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total

MatthewJames7

Xerxes likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:56 am

Charlene glared at Megan with nothing but sheer anger, rage filling her eyes. Composing herself, she reached out and viciously slapped Megan across the jaw. A tear rolled down Megan's cheek with the pain of the slap. Katie went to speak when once again Megan stuck out her hand. Turning back to Charlene, Megan straightened her tie and exclaimed, "Charlene, everyone likes you in school and it's true that Irina is your best friend, but you'll find a way to use her for your own selfish desires and then discard her like a used tissue after serving its purpose, all you care about is about being number one in school."

Irina rubbed her eyes and looked at Charlene with anger. "Charlene, is this true? You just wanted me to be your best friend and then, as Megan said, use me and then get rid of me when I had served my purpose? You call yourself my friend, you're nothing but a self-centered little bitch." She then turned to Megan and exclaimed, "Megan, I'm so sorry for what I did earlier, it was wrong of me to do that, can you forgive me? I understand if you don't, and if you do, can we be friends?" Megan nodded her head, smiled softly, and exclaimed, "Irina I accept your apology, and I apologize for what I said about your mother, she's a great woman and she should be proud of having a wonderful daughter like you. Of course, we can be friends." They shook hands and smiled. 

Last edited by MatthewJames7 on Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

MatthewJames7

Xerxes and MatthewJames7 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:48 am

What does everyone think? 

Should there be changes or is it ok as it is

Comment below if you have any ideas for progression

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content