Shirt and Tie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Queen of Elvenor

3 posters

Go down

The Queen of Elvenor Empty The Queen of Elvenor

Post by MatthewJames7 Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:08 pm

For the last 900 years, my family has ruled over this kingdom of Elvenor, and they have protected it with their lives. Today was going to be a very special day because I was about to be coronated as their new queen after my elderly mother had decided to abdicate for health reasons. Getting dressed, I put on the coronation tuxedo that was custom for monarchs to wear in this kingdom. Every tuxedo that had been made for years was custom made for the new monarch during their coronation. My ancestors had conquered the kingdom back in the 1100's and had ruled there ever since. My mother had been crowned queen in 1984, an occurence that had not occured for 450 years prior. Many kings had left their legacy on the kingdom over the years, and the coronation tuxedo tradition had been introduced by a great-great-great grandfather of mine. When the incumbent monarch died or abdicated, their coronation tuxedo was destroyed so that it would not be stolen and sold on the black market for unfair prices. It was also a law up until about a century ago that the monarch had to be married to inherit the throne, but my grandfather had the Elvenorian parliament abolish this law in a vote that was a landslide victory in favour of abolishing the rule. The idea of abolishing it had been discussed over two hundred years ago, but people felt it was an essential factor in ruling the kingdom. 

My daughter Sarah was the only person who I allowed to stay with me in the room before the coronation. Sarah was a young woman of nineteen. Her long black hair resembled mine. People always told me that, other than her late father's eyes, Sarah was the spitting image of me. She sat down next to me with a smile on her face that seemed to soothe my nerves. "Mum, you are going to be ok. Just remember that this coronation is just a one-time thing and once it's over, you won't ever have to worry about it ever again." I smiled back, "sweetheart, there's nobody else I would prefer to have by my side for the coronation. You are the person I care more about than anybody else in this kingdom, let alone the entire planet. Ever since your father died, you're the only one of the three of us who is here with me. Give me a hand with my bow-tie." Sarah nodded and proceeded to tie the bow in an impressive knot. Looking at myself in the mirror, I smiled at the reflection of the figure facing me. Sarah walked over to a clothes hangar in the far corner of the room. Picking up the coronation regalia, she helped to put it on me. Suddenly we heard the music ring out which signified the beginning of the coronation ceremony. This was it, the most important day of my entire life. This was a position that my mother had been grooming me for the past 40 years, knowing that one day I would be queen, a position, that other than my mother, had only occured once 450 years ago. Sarah followed me out of the room and into the main chapel where I was set to be coronated. She walked over to one of the aisles and sat down next to the rest of the congregation. This was nerve-wracking, to me it felt like the feeling I had when I was seventeen and the kingdom did a talent show to raise money for poor children who needed money to buy essentials such as food and clothing. I remember being up onstage by myself for the first time in my life, the other times would have been plays my school would have performed. I walked over towards the throne with a sense of either pride or suspense in the pit of my stomach.

Sitting down on the throne, I watched as a bishop walked over and began the ceremony. "Ladies and gentlemen, we are gathered here today to witness the coronation of the new queen of Elvenor, the new monarch in this noble kingdom." Turning to me, he exclaimed, "Do you, Felicity Eleanor, promise to carry out your monarchical duties and govern over the people of Elvenor as their new queen?" I replied, "I do." I glanced over at Sarah who smiled at me with aplomb. Everyone suddenly smiled in unison with her where I noticed that the bishop was holding the Elvenorian crown jewels in his hand. He walked over to me and exclaimed, "I hereby annoint you Queen Felicity Eleanor of Elvenor." He handed me the sceptre which was a slight bit heavy considering it was adorned with expensive jewels. Now came the moment everyone had been waiting for. I gulped nervously and then the sound of roaring applause filled the chapel. I knew at that very moment that the ceremony was finished and I had been crowned Queen. I couldn't believe it, I had been groomed by my mother for this position for forty and a half years, and now those dreams my mother had of seeing me as queen had come true."

MatthewJames7

tanadata likes this post

Back to top Go down

The Queen of Elvenor Empty Re: The Queen of Elvenor

Post by Suitgirl Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:47 pm

Good story, can you go into more detail about the tuxedo and the main character putting it on, maybe with the daughters reactions?
Suitgirl
Suitgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:27 am

Suitgirl wrote:Good story, can you go into more detail about the tuxedo and the main character putting it on, maybe with the daughters reactions?
Sure, can do

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:56 am

As previously mentioned, it was custom for each monarch to have their own coronation tuxedo. The tuxedo made for me was a pinstripe tuxedo. The dark black tuxedo had small silver lines going down the entire length of it which looked amazing. I walked over to my bed and picked up the tux. Opening the bag that it was in, I took it out and held it up to me. Looking at it in the mirror, I smiled, knowing that it was a perfect fit. It had cost a fortune to make which was sad because it was going to be used only once. A local fashion designer in Elvenor had made it for me which was the second coronation tuxedo her fashion line had made after the one they had made for my mother when she had been made queen in 1984.

At that moment Sarah walked into the room wearing a beautiful suit. It was a beige-colored suit with a light navy-colored necktie and a tie-pin. Her tie was tied in a Windsor knot, the first knot I had taught her to tie which was special. "Morning Mum, this is it. A once in a lifetime moment." I smiled at my daughter's praise, she was always a very positive person and everyone commended her for it. I picked up the crisp white shirt that was draped on the foot of my bed. Buttoning it up to the top, it looked amazing. I then picked up the pair of slacks and put them on before tucking my shirt into them. Putting on my socks, I noticed as Sarah walked over to me with an expensive pair of loafers which she had bought for me when she had travelled abroad with her friends last summer. I put on the loafers which felt really comfortable on my feet. Now there were only two remaining items left, the blazer and bow-tie. I picked up the blazer and put it on. It was a really nice blazer that I would have loved to keep but it was custom for the coronation tuxedo to be destroyed after the coronation ceremony had finished so it was a shame that I was prohibited from keeping it. If it meant that it was with the Elvenorian rule, I had no choice but to comply, even though I was being made queen. It was for the good of the people of Elvenor and to make sure it would never be stolen and cloned by anyone. The only record of it was the photos after the coronation and then it was immediately taken away to be destroyed. Sarah picked up the bow tie from the bed and walked over to me with it. "I'll help you with the bow-tie, Mum." I smiled more than ever, Sarah was the most generous young woman I could have ever raised. She finished doing my bow-tie and I looked at my reflection in the mirror. "Mum, you look gorgeous. A true queen of Elvenor and a worthy one to add."  Sarah was the person I cared about more than anyone else on the entire planet and keeping her safe from harm was my primary objective, more so than any duty, I would have to undertake as the new Elvenorian queen.

MatthewJames7

tanadata likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:32 am

That same evening, after the coronation tuxedo had been taken to be destroyed, I had changed into a black suit with a red power tie around my neck It was time for the coronation state dinner where the entire kingdom would gather to celebrate the new monarch's ascension to the throne which was a very important event. Everyone was asked to dress appropriately for the occasion. The most important event in the whole kingdom was the annual state dinner which would always be held on the first weekend of June where many dignitaries would arrive from overseas. 

There was a massive banquet in the main hall of the castle which housed everybody in the kingdom. We were all eating away and chatting when Sarah stood up and tipped her glass to get everyone's attention. Instantly the hall fell silent. "Ladies and gentlemen and the many dignitaries who took time out of their busy schedules to arrive here, I would like to thank you all for coming to this coronation dinner. This has been the first one in thirty-seven and a half years. Today, we celebrate the new queen of Elvenor, my mother, Queen Felicity who took over from my grandmother after she had abdicated for health reasons. 

I stood up to the sound of roaring applause that filled the entire room. "Ladies and gentlemen I would like to thank you all for coming to this celebration on this glorious day. Over the last 900 years Elvenor has had many proud and respected monarchs over the last nine-hundred years, but today, there is the dawning of a new one. I am proud to be your new queen and I will be excited for the time ahead. Some monarchs over the centuries have only cared about the power they had at their disposal but I shall not follow in their path. There were many notable cases which if I told you the stories we would be here for an eternity, but I'll tell you two occurrences. King Tobias in 1590 used his power for his own selfish desires, and queen Melinda used her power for her own desires and had every single criminal in the city jails executed without a trial. Eventually, the people of the city were tired of being treated like dirt and they decided to revolt against them. Both times they were successful in their insurrections which resulted in the ousting of the disgraced monarchs. Since those two cases, it has been rare that something similar has happened. If there is one thing I care about more than anything, it's the happiness of everyone in the entire kingdom. If you are ever concerned about something or you have any ideas on how to make this great city thrive be sure to come here and speak with me. I will be more than honoured to welcome you here. Some of the many monarchs in this great city were known by many to be a disgrace to which you shall all agree. My primary objective, like everyone here, is to see this kingdom thrive and it will not happen under the sole auspices of the monarch. If anything, it is the citizens who shall also be a key factor in the positive evolution of this city and this entire island nation. I think I have spoken everything that I have needed to say, so in conclusion, I would like to thank you all for coming and I hope you enjoy the festivities." After I sat back down the hall burst into rapturous applause. Sarah looked at me with a look of pride on her face that showed pride that I had been coronated as the queen of Elvenor.

MatthewJames7

tanadata likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:57 am

Eventually, the celebrations that had gone into the early hours of the morning had finished and everyone went home. It was clear to see that they were exhausted after the day of celebrating. Who could blame them? They had been celebrating from 9 am this morning to 2 am so they had every right to be tired. I looked at my watch, a present that my late husband had bought me after our 5th wedding anniversary. The face said that it was 2:30 in the morning which signified it was time to head off to bed and to sleep. I strolled down the long corridor from the main hall and up the long winding spiral staircase. Upon arrival at my bedroom, I sat down on the bed and took a deep breath. At that moment one of my night staff walked over to me. "Your majesty,  I am here to tell you that your senior adviser shall be here first thing every morning to give you the daily itinerary." I nodded in agreement and got ready for bed. Eventually, I lay down on the bed. I could feel myself getting tired and within seconds I had fallen sound asleep.

The next morning I was woken by the sound of knocking on my bedroom door. The person on the other side of the door exclaimed, "morning your majesty, I have come with your itinerary for today." I replied back, "slip it under the door and I will meet you downstairs in five minutes. I'm just getting dressed for the day ahead." They understood my request and walked away, I could hear their footsteps fading away as they walked away in the distance. Getting out of bed, I rubbed my eyes. Strolling over to my dressing room, I unlocked it and walked inside. Along the railings were many expensive clothes which I had categorized into different railings, one for suits, one for dresses, a shelf for my shoes and a cabinet which stored my jewellery. I examined all the different suits that were on one of the railings and then picked out a blue one with a white shirt, suspenders and a yellow necktie. I got dressed and then looked at myself in the mirror. All that was left was what knot for me to choose to wear, on one hand was a Windsor knot and on the other was a trinity knot. I couldn't decide which I liked better but eventually I decided that for a change I would tie it in a trinity knot. Looking at myself again with my now tied necktie, I smiled at my reflection.

MatthewJames7

N00144119 and jropika like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:33 pm

Making my way down the spiral staircase, I was greeted with a "good morning ma'am, your suit looks stunning" by every staff member. Eventually, I arrived at the dining room where I noticed my breakfast had been prepared. Sitting down at the table, I had another look at my itinerary for the day. My first event was to meet with the politicians in the city in order to establish the vote on who would become the country's new president. The president of Elvenor would always be second in power and they would always report to the monarch, in this case, me. The second thing was that a baroness from a nearby kingdom was coming for a formal lunch that was aimed at consolidating a trade agreement between her country and mine. Today was going to be a busy day for sure.

At that moment the man standing at the door exclaimed, "Lady Sarah, your Majesty." Walking into the room, Sarah walked over to me and went to curtsy when I exclaimed, "Don't you worry about all that formal stuff, curtsying and the like, with me Sarah. I may be Elvenor's new queen but one thing that hasn't changed is that you are my daughter. Everyone else here is to follow royal protocol at all times. I'm afraid we can't have some free time to do what we like until this evening sweetheart. I've got a ton of work to do and the baroness of Naxia is coming here to consolidate some important deals that will benefit both our nations." Sarah nodded, understanding me perfectly. "That's ok Mum, Alyssa and I will be meeting tonight, she's invited me to a dinner function held by one of her friends who is celebrating that she graduated from our prestigious law school here in Elvenor." I smiled with pride. "Sarah, and there's one thing that is for certain, it's that you shall graduate from there too with flying colours. Anyway, I better get to work or I'll be chatting here all day which is not something a monarch has time for. See you later sweetheart." 

I stood up from the table and took a deep breath. My senior advisor Rachel approached me and exclaimed, "Your Majesty, the car is ready for you. I will be accompanying you to the event." I nodded in agreement. Walking down the corridor, I looked at Rachel with a sudden look of shock. "Rachel, where is your suit and tie? Go change immediately and be quick, I will not be late for the meeting."

MatthewJames7

tanadata likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jropika Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:48 pm

This is the best story I have read on this topic! Smile
Could there be a part where the characters are completely dressed in white tie and tailcoats, with vest, gloves (and a monocle) and a detail about the main characters putting it on? Smile

jropika

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:12 am

Can do

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:40 am

After spending a couple of hours with the politicians and hearing what they had to say, I returned to the palace in order to get changed so that I would be prepared for when the Naxian baroness arrived. I walked upstairs and into my dressing room. Examining its contents, I picked out my white tuxedo, tailcoat, vest and gloves. Putting on my crisp white shirt, it felt nice and snug after I had buttoned it up and closed my top button. Next up was my trousers which looked absolutely divine. Putting them on, I tucked my shirt in. Sarah walked into the room and exclaimed, "Mum, you look terrific." I then picked up my white bow tie and proceeded to tie it. It felt comfortable around my collar and nice smooth material. Sarah strolled over to the bed and picked up my vest. She then strolled over and put it on me, for which I was truly grateful. All that was left was my tailcoat, gloves, monocle and top hat. Rachel handed me a round-shaped box which I knew was my top hat, a present that Sarah had given to me last Christmas. Putting it on, I looked at the figure in the reflection who was all suited and booted. I picked up the monocle off my bedside table. Taking the white gloves out of the box that the top hat had been, I put them on, their silk design felt so smooth on my hands. The last thing that was left was my tailcoat. Picking it up off the bed where it had been laid carefully, I put it on. Once again, I looked at the beautiful figure in the mirror who was wearing a tuxedo fit for a queen. 

Making my way back downstairs, I passed everyone in the corridor. They all looked at me with a look of awe on their face, some of them were so impressed that their mouths opened. Rachel spotted this and exclaimed, "close your mouth, vulgarity like that will not be tolerated." I turned to her, "Rachel, don't be tough on her, she was only hired yesterday. She'll learn the protocol around here." Looking at the girl, I then exclaimed, "Maria, is it? I apologise for Rachel's scolding. Rachel is a very hard worker, she's been working for my family for the last thirty-eight years so she always wants to see everybody carry out their duties in a professional manner. You're new here, making mistakes is understandable, and if you ever have any concerns or you need any guidance, please come to me if I'm around and I shall be glad to facilitate you."

MatthewJames7

jropika likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:29 am

About an hour later, I was sitting in the living room when the man at the door announced, "The baroness, Catarina of Naxia your Majesty." Catarina walked calmly into the room and over to me where we gave each other a big hug. "Catarina, welcome home. It's been a long twenty-five years here without you." Catarina smiled, "Naxia is nice, but Elvenor will always be my home." Growing up, Catarina and I were best friends in school. Our teachers used to say we were inseparable. She was born in the local hospital right here in Elvenor but had moved to Naxia when her parents had forced her into an arranged marriage to a member of the Naxian nobility. Sitting down, I had one of my assistants make a pot of tea for Catarina and me.

"Felicity, I heard your mother abdicated on the main news channel in Naxia, and I was delighted when they announced that you would be coronated, queen. There is nobody who deserves it more than you. I'd have loved to be at the coronation but unfortunately, I was away on nobility business. I love the look, by the way, lovely tuxedo, and all the accessories too, the monocle, the top hat, everything. My tuxedo pales in comparison. Anyway, let's get down to business. The trade industry in Naxia would like to increase the tax rate for imports into Elvenor by ten percent, I am totally against it, but the king is planning to pass the bill in parliament. I think the current tax is perfect as it is, but nobody cares about my opinion. Nearly everyone in Naxia thinks I'm just a stupid person who happens to be married to the baron. They all agree that he should divorce me and marry this lady he's very friendly with. If the divorce goes through, I'll be ruined, I will not be able to show my face in Naxia again." At that moment, Catarina burst into tears. 

Placing my arm around her, I comforted her. "Catarina sweetheart, you are not a stupid woman at all. They are the stupid ones. You and I may not have seen each other in twenty-five years, but you're still my best friend. You are the reason Sarah's middle name is Catarina. If the divorce does happen, you are always welcome back to Elvenor with open arms. People will be delighted to see one of their own back after such a long time. I'd love it if you stayed for dinner, we could catch up properly." Fighting through the tears, Catarina replied, "I'd love it."

MatthewJames7

jropika likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:44 am

Later that evening, all the deal negotiations had finished. After spending hours talking, Catarina and I noticed that our stomachs were beginning to rumble. We walked down the long corridor that seemed to span for miles. Eventually, we reached one of the dining rooms where we noticed there was a beautiful three-course dinner in front of us which looked absolutely amazing. Sitting down at the table, we were greeted by the head chef. "Good evening your majesty, we have prepared this lovely dinner in celebration of Lady Catarina's return to Elvenor. For starters, we have made a lovely garden salad, the ingredients all fresh from the garden. For the main course, we have a steak dinner which is done medium rare to your liking, and for dessert, meringues." I nodded with delight and replied, "thank you, now you may return to the kitchen to prepare the meal for the political dinner tomorrow, they are looking forward to it. It is the most important event of the year for them and I ask that they are delivered a fantastic meal." The chef understood and walked away to the kitchens.

After we had finished dinner, Catarina and I decided that we would take a stroll around the royal gardens. As we were walking, we noticed the sun was beginning to set in the sky which turned it a beautiful peach-like color. Sitting down on a wooden bench by the lake, I looked at Catarina with a look I had only experienced with one other person, my late husband. Catarina noticed this and exclaimed, "Felicity, you ok?" I nodded and replied, "I'm fine Catarina, I just felt a feeling I've not felt in seventeen years. Catarina, I know you're my best friend and have been for twenty-five and a half years, but I'm going to come out and say it, this may sound odd, but I'm willing to accept the consequences. I think I love you" Catarina was taken aback by this statement. "Felicity, when I moved to Naxia, you were the only person I really cared about and I missed you more than ever. It was always my dream to come back to Elvenor and see you again, and after twenty-five years of not being able to do so, I'm going to say it as well. Felicity, I love you more than anybody else, you used to make me laugh and whenever I was sad you would always find a way to cheer me up. I love you too."

MatthewJames7

jropika likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Suitgirl Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:35 pm

I think it’d be nice to see how Sarah reacts to putting on a white tie/tails tuxedo with gloves herself.
Suitgirl
Suitgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:25 pm

Sure, I can add it in
Suitgirl wrote:I think it’d be nice to see how Sarah reacts to putting on a white tie/tails tuxedo with gloves herself.

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:12 am

Six weeks later, I had heard the news that Catarina's divorce had been finalized and she had returned to Elvenor. I was delighted to have my friend back home again after twenty-five years of her being away. Today was a very important day for Elvenor as we would find out who won the election to become the new Elvenorian president. Catarina and I went upstairs to get dressed when we were joined by Sarah who was on her summer holidays before she went to college. Walking up the spiral staircase, we strolled into my room. Handing Sarah and Catarina each a white tuxedo and tailcoat, the same as I was wearing. Picking up the shirt from the bed, I watched as Sarah buttoned it up to her top button. Then Catarina and I buttoned up our own shirts. Then came the trousers, their smooth design was so soft. Sarah then picked up the vests and handed one to Catarina and me. Next came the tailcoats, their beautiful white colour was like that of snow. Picking up some monocles from the dresser drawer, I handed one each to Sarah and Catarina. Putting on the monocle, Sarah looked at herself in the mirror. "I look terrific, this tux and tailcoat combination is really something. Next up is the tie." Catarina picked up the white neckties that, like the monocles, were on top of the dresser drawer and handed them to us. I watched as Sarah placed her tie around her neck and proceeded to tie it in a Windsor knot, the first tie knot I had taught her for when she was going to school. I went for a Prince Albert knot and Catarina also tied hers in a Windsor knot like Sarah. Looking at herself again in the mirror, Sarah exclaimed, "tie perfectly tied and pushed up against my strict collar, I look gorgeous, I really do look absolutely gorgeous." I handed Sarah and Catarina round-shaped boxes which had the top hat and gloves in them. I, on the other hand, was wearing the crown which was a requirement that had been introduced years ago. Watching as they put on the top hats, I felt a tear of happiness in my eyes, the woman I love and my daughter were all dressed up like me to go to the parliament building.

We made our way downstairs where Rachel greeted us. "Your Majesty, the car is ready for you" to which I replied, "thank you, Rachel." Getting into the car, we sat down, the seats were so comfortable, especially considering it was one of the royal cars. After about a half-hour, we pulled up outside the parliament building. Walking inside, we were greeted by the receptionist who brought us to the speaking room balcony which was always reserved for the monarch. A gentleman then exclaimed, "Ladies and gentlemen, her majesty Queen Felicity" and everyone bowed down.

Last edited by MatthewJames7 on Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:10 am; edited 1 time in total

MatthewJames7

tanadata, N00144119 and jropika like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:33 am

jropika wrote:This is the best story I have read on this topic! Smile
Could there be a part where the characters are completely dressed in white tie and tailcoats, with vest, gloves (and a monocle) and a detail about the main characters putting it on? Smile
Thank you, I'm hoping to become a writer part-time in the future after I get my college degree.

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:18 pm

Sitting down in the throne that was always positioned in the balcony overlooking the auditorium, I watched as each presidential candidate walked out. There was one particular candidate who looked unsure of herself, almost void of confidence. It was clear that she needed a helping hand. Sarah and Catarina had been sitting in chairs next to the throne. Telling them why I stood up, they nodded to say they understood. I walked down the stairs and into the main auditorium where I asked the presenter if I could talk to the candidate for a couple of minutes. Receiving his nod of approval I asked the candidate to follow me to the lobby where there were two chairs. Sitting down, I looked at her and exclaimed, "Hey, what's the matter, you nervous?" She mumbled anxiously under her breath to signify she was nervous, though she looked like she was scared stiff, her face was pale like she'd seen a ghost. "You must be Bella, your mother and my grandmother were good friends. Darling, being nervous is totally natural, I felt nervous before I was coronated. I have a solution that might just help you, Bella. When it is your turn to speak, do this, picture me as the only person in the room and think of your policies as making political small talk with me over tea and some lunch. It was a thing my mother taught me when I was young. When you go up there, just picture me alone in the room and you should be fine. After the speeches are all done, I will be meeting with everyone backstage but I can reserve a private room just for us and you can tell me how you felt. I believe that inside that scared exterior, there is a winner. Even if you don't win, you'll know that you gave it your very best. Losing isn't always a bad thing, everyone loses at least once in their life. Now, go give it your very best, but before you go, I have one minor detail I would like to fix." 

Loosening her tie, I then tied it in a Windsor knot and placed it around her neck. She smiled proudly, a look of new-found confidence and courage was on her face. "thank you, your majesty, for the pep talk." I watched as she returned to the auditorium and took her seat. Making my way back up to the balcony I sat back down in the throne. After about an hour, I watched the different speeches and when it came to Bella's one, I watched with eager eyes at what she was going to say. At that moment, I was interrupted by a woman who was holding a cup of tea for me in her hand. Taking a sip, I felt something strange, the tea, it didn't feel right. I then realised that it had been poisoned and then I fell to the floor where everything had gone black. Waking up about an hour later, I discovered that I was in a hospital bed. When I woke up, there was a collective sigh of relief from everyone in the room. Sarah hugged me tightly, "Mum, I'm so glad you're alive. That woman who handed you the tea, it turns out she was sent by the Naxian baron to kill you so that your reign would end with your death and seeing as I'm still only nineteen and am ineligible to be named a potential future monarch until I turn twenty-one, the monarchy would be easy for him to claim. The woman has been arrested for attempted murder. You're going to be ok, but the doctors recommend you take a few days rest. Catarina has kindly offered to take temporary control." I smiled with a look of delight at my best friend who would do such a kind act for me

MatthewJames7

N00144119 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:42 am

A few minutes later, someone knocked on my door. Catarina exclaimed, "come in" and the person walked in. It was Bella who had a massive smile on her face, there was something she wanted to tell everyone. Sitting up in my bed, I exclaimed, "Bella, how nice of you to swing by and say hello. I had no idea you were coming to see me." Bella replied, "thank you, your majesty, it was Sarah's idea. She figured it would be nice of Elvenor's new president to swing by and say hello to her queen." "Bella, you won? Congratulations, I knew you had it in you to win, it seems that my advice paid off. I'm so proud of you. I shall be back at the palace tomorrow and we will have your inauguration ceremony." The same evening, the doctors said I had made a full recovery and discharged me from the hospital. I went to bed around 10 because tomorrow was another day and a very important one to add. After spending a half-hour reading my book, I started to feel drowsy and quickly fell asleep.

Waking up the next morning, I looked outside, the sun shining beautifully in the blue cloudless sky and the birds chirruping in the windowsill. Walking into my dressing room, I examined the many suits I had hanging up on the railings. I contemplated which one I would pick and eventually I settled on a beige coloured suit and a navy tie with a tie-pin. At that moment, Sarah walked into the room, she was wearing the blue suit I was wearing a few days ago. She looked at me and exclaimed, "Mum, should I push my tie up to my collar but keep it a little loose, or push it up tightly against my collar." I smiled, "sweetheart, you are growing up into a beautiful young woman before my very eyes. I'd prefer it if you pushed it up tightly against your collar, a loose tie doesn't always give the best image, plus because you are the heir to the throne, you have to be seen to dress that bit more professionally." Sarah nodded in understanding and walked back out of the room. Getting dressed, I took a deep breath, today was going to be busy. Tying my tie in a Windsor knot, I made my way downstairs where I was greeted by Rachel. The austere look on my face caught her attention which she knew meant something was wrong. "Rachel, this is the second time in a matter of days where I have asked you where is your suit and tie, I will not tolerate staff not being appropriately dressed at all times, now get changed immediately."

Catarina caught up to me on the staircase, she was wearing a black suit with a red necktie which looked amazing. "You ready for today Felicity?" I smiled, "Without a doubt Catarina, I always saw Mum doing this when she was queen so I know the procedure. It's good to have you back my friend, I missed you so much, it was a long twenty-five years without you. I remember very well the day you had to leave for Naxia, I cried uncontrollably. I was distraught for days on end, but seeing you back here after twenty-five years is a true honor." Catarina had a look in her eyes that there was something she wanted to say. Suddenly, she got down on one knee. Taking a ring out of her pocket, she exclaimed, "Felicity, in the twenty-five years I've been gone, every day I realised that you were the only person I ever truly loved, you're kind, you're funny, you always cheered me up when I was sad. Seeing you again after so long has made my love for you stronger. Will you marry me?"  I felt a tear of happiness in my eye and replied, "Catarina, of course I'll marry you." We kissed each other, today had already started off with a great event.

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:12 am

Rachel had returned wearing her suit and tie. Noticing the ring on my finger, she exclaimed, "oh please, your majesty, Catarina is only marrying you for your power, she doesn't care about you one bit." Looking at her, I replied, "excuse me? Rachel, how dare you say that. You're fired, I want you out of this palace right now or I shall summon the royal guard to have you forced out." I noticed Maria standing nearby. "Maria, you are my new senior advisor," Maria replied, "thank you, your majesty. I watched as Rachel made her way downstairs and out the doors of the palace in disgrace. Straightening Catarina's tie, I exclaimed, "that's not true, love." She replied, "Not one bit, I'm marrying you because I love you more than anyone in the world."

Making our way down to the main hall, word had seemingly gotten around about Catarina proposing to me. As we walked along the corridor, everyone congratulated us and wished us a very happy marriage together. l was delighted because today I would be inaugurating the new Elvenorian president and I was engaged to my best friend. One of the advisors told us that the royal car was waiting for us. Eventually, we reached the courtyard. Standing at the car, our chauffer exclaimed, "Good morning your majesty." Sitting into the car, we were joined by Sarah which brought a smile to my face because Sarah and I did everything together, she was by my side for the entirety of the coronation and she had given the introduction to my speech at the coronation dinner. Ever since my husband died, Sarah was the only close family I had left because I was an only child, I had no siblings. Eventually, we arrived at the parliament building which was crowded with people who were here to see Bella's inauguration. Walking through the mound of people, I arrived at the main stage where Bella was standing. "Bella, as your queen, I am very proud of you. Elvenor has had some fantastic presidents and I think you have the potential to become one of the greatest."

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:28 am

At that moment, the MC for the event walked over with a microphone in her hand. "Ladies and gentlemen, I am delighted to welcome you all here this morning. Today, we celebrate the inauguration of our new Elvenorian president, Isabel Morales. We are also delighted to have in attendance, Queen Felicity, Lady Catarina, and Lady Sarah. Anyways, let's crack on with the show or I'll be yapping all day long." I watched from the balcony as Bella stood up from her seat. Walking over, she stood next to the judge who was carrying out the inauguration ceremony. Placing her hand on the Elvenorian Bible, the judge exclaimed, "do you, Isabel Catherine Morales, swear to carry out your presidential duties in agreement with the laws of Elvenor and never to use your position for personal gains or corrupt means?" Bella nodded in agreement, "yes, I do swear to carry out my presidential duties to help further the thriving of this great nation." At that moment the whole room burst into rapturous applause. "I now declare you president of Elvenor, congratulations." 

I stood up from my seat and made my way down to the main hall. On my way down, I bumped into Rachel who did not look happy to see me after I fired her for her comments. "Hello your majesty, always such a pleasure to see the woman who just this morning destroyed my career." Shaking my head in disagreement, I replied, "Rachel, there is only one person to blame and it is not me. You were out of line with those comments, plus I had to reprimand you on several occasions about being properly dressed like you were an unruly teenager." I then noticed that Rachel had an evil smile on her face. "Your majesty, I know a little secret about your legacy and I'm going to tell it to everyone right now."

I watched as Rachel spoke up, "Ladies and gentlemen, you know me as Rachel, I used to be the secret advisor to Queen Felicity until this morning, but after extensive research, I have discovered something astounding. 200 years ago my family rebelled against the monarch of Elvenor at the time which was successful, but even though it did occur successfully, my family were rounded up and executed for high treason. After said research, I have discovered that my family are the true heirs to the throne of Elvenor. They were cast aside in favour of Queen Felicity's ancestors but new evidence proves I am the true heir. If you look on the screen, I have researched my bloodline and it stems perfectly with the succession to the throne. It seems your queen is not who she says she is. I declare that she be stripped of her crown and arrested for high treason against the state of Elvenor."

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down