Shirt and Tie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new Áine

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The new Áine Empty The new Áine

Post by MatthewJames7 Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:53 am

Pacing back and forth in her room, Áine sighed, she was in a job that gave her no satisfaction and she had to wear the same tacky clothes every day. “I need to try something new, my job is boring, and my wardrobe needs a serious overhaul, but what to do? Right, time to take action and stop pondering about it.” Putting her bottle of water on her bedside table, Áine  walked over to the mirror and took a look at her reflection. Áine was a very athletic person, so she did not have to worry about being unfit or anything. Rummaging through her wardrobe, Áine took out a pair of denim jeans and a black Metallica t-shirt. “These are ok for town I suppose.” After her shower, Áine got dressed and did her makeup in front of the mirror. Walking over to her jewellery box, she picked a silver necklace that had given to her for her eighteenth birthday. It was in the shape of the sun and moon together on a chain. Placing it around her neck, Áine tightened the clasp. With one last look in the mirror, Áine nodded, “looking good.”  Her cat Spyder was rubbing against her leg, “hey there big fella, I’m just running to town, I’ve left your food and milk at the back door.”  Upon hearing this Spyder went back downstairs. 

Making her own way downstairs, Áine walked into the kitchen. The smell of cooked food was divine, and between frying the food, Áine’s flatmate Karen exclaimed, “morning Áine.” You seem like a woman on a mission.” Áine nodded, “yep, I’m out to discover the new me. I have to to town to do some business and get a few things. I’ll see you in a few hours.”

Last edited by MatthewJames7 on Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:38 am; edited 1 time in total

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

The new Áine Empty Re: The new Áine

Post by MatthewJames7 Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:42 am

Quickly eating some breakfast, Áine walked outside, the sky was a clear blue colour and the birds were humming in the trees. Just as she was about to get into her car, one of her neighbours, an elderly man limped past. “Hello Mr Woods.” Turning around, he exclaimed, “Áine, how are you? I’m just on my way to the supermarket to pick up some groceries.” Feeling sympathetic, Áine exclaimed, “I’ll bring you into town, I’m going that way anyways.” With a radiant smile on his face, exclaimed, “would you really? God bless you Âine, taking time out of your schedule to assist an old codger like me, I owe you one.” Laughing, Áine replied, “don’t be silly Mr Woods, I’m glad to help.”

Helping him into the car, Áine then got into her seat and then turned on the ignition. As they were driving into town, Mr Woods was regaling Áine with tales of his time in the military. As he was telling the stories, Áine was fascinated by it, she had massive respect for anyone who served in the military at some point. When they arrived at the supermarket, Áine pulled up. Mr Woods then nodded, “thank you my dear, most kind of you.” With a smile, Áine replied, “anytime Mr Woods, see you soon.” After she dropped him off, Áine made her way into the city which was quite busy, but mostly people who were off work. Looking up and down the street, Áine spotted a tailor shop, this was where she decided to go first. “Time to change up my wardrobe.” 

Walking into the shop, she was greeted by a young woman who had a tape measure draped over her shoulders. “Welcome to The Suit Factory, we make custom suits for people. You must be a new customer, I’ve never seen you in here before. Now, I’m Salina, I am the deputy manager around here, my mother is the real head honcho, but when she’s not in, I run the show. Anyways, that’s enough of my gabbing, take a look around and let me know what you like.”

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:11 am

Looking in awe of the various suits as she walked around the shop, Áine was stunned, they all looked so dapper. Her eyes lit up when she saw a navy suit and a light blue tie, but Áine was a little bit concerned about wearing a tie as well, she had never worn one before, and was slightly anxious in what people would think if they saw her wearing one. Salina could tell that Áine was concerned and walked over to her, “nervous of what people may think of you wearing a tie? Don’t be, you are the only person who decides what you wear, and some people dislike it, that’s their problem. Ignore them. Here you are, try it on.” 

Feeling more optimistic, Áine took the suit and tie from Salina and walked into a fitting room to get changed. Taking off her casual clothes, Áine started putting on the suit. The crisp-white shirt felt so smooth against her skin. Next came the trousers, the navy pinstripe looked so debonair. Tucking in her shirt, Áine then buttoned it up to the top, including her top button. Placing the tie around her neck, Áine pondered for a moment, she was not sure what knot she would choose, “hmm, perhaps a four-in-hand knot, or a half-Windsor knot, no, a double Windsor knot, I think.” Áine had never worn a tie before, but she had learned to tie one while watching her dad in the mornings. When she had finished tying her tie Áine pushed it up snugly against her collar. Last but not least came the blazer that matched the trousers, and a pair of black loafers. Looking at herself in the mirror, Áine could not believe how well she looked in the suit, she was surprised that she had never worn a suit and tie before, it felt so satisfying.

Last edited by MatthewJames7 on Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

MatthewJames7

Evol likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:15 am

Áine wishes to get a new job in the story, and judging by her potential new wardrobe, and present attire, what do you think she should go for? I was thinking something like becoming a businesswoman or a bank manager that would require her to be formally dressed more often. My other potential addition is that when she is finished in the shop, and she buys several suits and ties, she walks around town and receives many positive comments from people on how professional she looks

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by Evol Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:43 pm

I vote bank manager

Evol

MatthewJames7 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:07 pm

Evol wrote:I vote bank manager 
 Awesome, I’ll add it into the story tomorrow

MatthewJames7

Evol likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:29 am

Clearly satisfied with her new look, Áine had decided to buy several suits and ties, she knew that she was going to do a massive wardrobe overhaul, and that most of her casual clothes would be replaced by formal clothes. When she was finished, Áine decided that she would leave the shop wearing the navy pinstripe suit and tie she had tried on first, and had put her casual clothes into her backpack. Walking back to her car, Áine laid them carefully on the back seats and then continued on her way through town. As she was walking, many people approached Áine and told her how amazing she looked in her suit which made Áine think, “why didn’t I buy these before?”

Looking online at the job adverts, Áine noticed that there was a vacancy for a bank manager position. Looking through her Word documents, she found what she was looking for, a CV. Walking into a nearby printers shop, she printed out several copies of her CV, and then resumed walking down the street towards the bank. 

Arriving at the bank, Áine walked in where she was greeted by a middle aged man with slightly receding hair and a bruise on his left hand cheek. “Hello, how may I help you? Do you need to make a transaction, or a deposit, or what? I dislike loiterers.” He looked slightly austere, someone not to be trifled with which made Áine gulp slightly. When he decided that he was not getting an answer, he walked away with a scowl on his face.

At that moment a young woman who was roughly the same age as Áine walked over to her, “that’s Robert, he’s the current bank manager, but he’s retiring today because he was given early retirement, so that’s why we sent out the vacancy. He’s not exactly the friendly type, he lost a divorce hearing which cost him the custody of his children, which made him extremely bitter, plus he’s a terrible alcoholic when he’s off work. He’s often been dragged out of pubs before, so the senior bank officials decided that we need someone young, someone with a flair for banking and accounting to take the position, and definitely more mature. I bet you’ve never been dragged out of pubs before.” Áine shook her head, “I don’t drink.” As they resumed talking the woman introduced herself as Fiona, and asked Áine to follow her upstairs. 

Going down a long corridor, they stopped outside a pair of large brass doors. Knocking, they were asked to come in. Fiona told Áine that this where the bank directors worked, and they were in charge of hiring new employees among other things. The directors asked Fiona to leave them while they spoke to Áine.

MatthewJames7

Evol likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:48 am

Handing them all a copy of her CV, Áine smiled optimistically when she noticed they were all in awe. The senior director wiped her glasses and then put them back on. Scanning the CV once again, she exclaimed, ”Áine, your credentials are stellar, a first class honours degree, clearly the sign of a hard  worker. I’ve read several CVs over the last week and some of the applicants did not appear in proper work attire.” Straightening her tie, Áine felt slightly more optimistic, something gave her the feeling that she had been given the position.” Her assumptions were correct when the senior official exclaimed, “Áine, you’re hired. You’re young, you have untapped potential, and you’re a very formal dresser. I’ll show you around and introduce you to everyone.” 

Hearing that she was hired, Áine was absolutely ecstatic, her dream of being a bank manager had finally come true. As they walked around the bank, Áine showed that she was keen to learn everything about banking life, and especially her duties as bank manager. She noticed Robert walking past with same familiar scowl, and looked at Áine without saying a word. From the jib of him, Áine assumed that he was the strong silent type, and that he had a very small sense of humour. His scowl disappeared when a young woman linked arms with him and walked down the corridor. The senior director had forgotten to introduce herself, and was called Felicia. Watching Robert walk down the long corridor, Felicia exclaimed, “that’s Caroline, Robert’s new girlfriend. It sickens me to think that she’s half his age. He’s 45, she’s 22. It’s disgusting, though of course he uses it especially to tick off his ex-wife.”

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:26 am

At the end of the tour, Felicia brought Áine back to the director room, and sat back down at her desk. “Áine, I’ve shown you everything around, and you have proven to me that you want the job. You’re a quick learner, so I’ll let you get to work, and not have your first day just gabbing with me.” 

Walking downstairs, Áine eventually found her office, it was close to the front desk area, so she was close by if there was anything wrong. When she sat down, Áine took out a piece of paper out of her pocket and placed it on the desk. Turning on the computer, Áine then inserted the details of the piece of paper and then tore it up. It was the login details for her managerial account. Felicia told her that the passwords were changed every week so as to keep the accounts and banking affairs from being hacked. 

Just as she was about to start working, Áine heard someone knocking on the door. “Come in”. Áine watched as a nervous girl walk in, she was slightly uneasy. “Hello” she stuttered, her nerves clearly at her. Áine motioned to her to sit down, and could see she still had the nervous feeling. Something told Áine that this girl was afraid of something. “I’m afraid that you’ll dismiss me and bring in some new staff, with you being the new manager and all.” 

Taken slightly aback by this, Áine replied, “don’t be silly, your job is still very much secure here. I’m not going to be bringing in any new staff just because I’m the new manager here. I’m going to be a lenient boss, Robert was more harsh, but I’m changing his stance on things. Becky, don’t worry a bit, you’re still a very crucial part of the team.” At the end of her first day as bank manager, Áine gathered the staff and asked them to follow her into big staff room in the back. 

“Before I let you all go home, I have a couple of things to say. Firstly, I wish to thank you all for being so welcoming to me today. Secondly, and this is the crucial thing what I wish to speak of. From Monday onwards, you shall be wearing the new bank work attire. This shall include a navy suit, a white shirt and a blue tie like I have on me now. For women, you shall wear a three-quarter length skirt, and men shall wear trousers. You are all to wear black loafers, I will not tolerate any high heels, and jewellery and makeup must be workplace appropriate. I am also prohibiting smoking at all times. Other than that I’m a lenient manager and I want you all to work to the best of your abilities.”

MatthewJames7

Evol likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:29 am

The following day Áine was walking around the bank when she heard two staff speaking to each other, and caught wind of their conversation, “that Áine girl is a revelation around here, and she’s only 21 years old. She’s only here a day and she’s already given the staff a major production boost.” Áine was blushing slightly, and then resumed her walk. At that moment she noticed Felicia making her way towards her. “Áine, you’re incredible, ever since we hired you, work performance has increased tenfold, and staff clearly admire you. In twenty-five years, I’ve never seen anything like it. I’m very proud of you.”

Delighted to hear Felicia give her such praise, Áine knew she was doing something right, and then returned to her office and sat down at her desk. Logging into her computer, Áine could see that she had several emails to answer. “Karen, I’ve to work late this evening so I won’t be home for dinner.” Sipping the last of her coffee, Áine was working harder than ever. Her concentration was interrupted when she heard something shatter, and making her way to the main area, she noticed that the glass window facing onto the street had been shattered. Walking over to the window, she noticed a brick on the floor, and two boys cycling away in gales of laughter. 

Irate at such vandalism, Áine returned to her office and called the police. Within the blink of an eye, they had arrived, the police commissioner included. “Áine I presume? I’m Commissioner Elisabeth Garcia. I’m so sorry that this senseless vandalism happened here. I promise you all that the vandals will be apprehended, and prosecuted to the full extent of the law. We’ll get someone to replace the glass.” Áine had not been manager forty-eight hours, and already there was a case of vandalism that occurred. When everything died down, one of the cleaners wiped up all the glass from the floor, being careful not to cut herself.

MatthewJames7

Evol likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:28 pm

How’s it going so far Evol?

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by Evol Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:08 pm

I like it. You have said you want to be a writer and clearly you have a talent for it. can’t wait to see what comes next!

Evol

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:11 pm

Evol wrote:I like it. You have said you want to be a writer and clearly you have a talent for it. can’t wait to see what comes next!
Thanks a million, nice to hear such praise. It’s harder to type the story on an iPad, as I’m on holidays and I don’t have my laptop with me. That’s very kind of you to say that, every bit of practice I get helps. If I ever write stories you can message me directly and let me know, or comment on this.

MatthewJames7

Evol likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:53 pm

Sipping a mug of lukewarm coffee, Áine sighed, she had to visit her stepmother on the way home which made her feel down in the dumps. Áine and her stepmother did not see eye to eye, and at times being in the same room as her made Áine feel nauseous. The fact that Áine disliked her stepmother was more fuel for the fire for Áine to have an estranged relationship with her father, the only real person Áine spoke to was her older sister Amelia who lived in France and worked as a banker in one of the major banks in the centre of Paris. Áine’s mother had died when she was young so this did not make things any easier, and her relationship with her stepmother was the prime example. 

When one of Áine’s  colleagues entered her office, they could see that she was rather unhappy. Telling her the story, Áine nearly felt sick just talking about it. At that moment her phone rang, and when Áine saw the caller ID, she declined it immediately, it was her father Jim. Sending her a message to answer his call, Áine shook her head, and then sent him a rather profane  reply, “piss off you annoying man”. Despite the vulgarity of her reply, Áine was not afraid of any angry reply from Jim. Their relationship had soured years before, but it came to a head when Áine was in her final year of college. Áine’s stepmother wanted to go to the graduation alongside Jim, but Áine forbade her for coming which made Jim decide that Áine would go to the graduation alone.

Last edited by MatthewJames7 on Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:37 am

Áine’s stepmother Greta had been married twice before, and when she married Jim, it made Áine irate. She felt Greta was only marrying Jim for his money, but Jim and Greta knew this was not the case. On occasion Áine and Greta had disputed with each other, and Jim often took Greta’s side. Becoming more and more irate at the marriage, Áine threatened Jim, that if he carried on being married to Greta, that she would never speak to him again. Greta insisted on Áine calling her Mum, but this disgusted Áine, believing it to be an insult to her mother Carole’s memory. 

When she finished work, Áine decided to FaceTime Amelia, and they caught up with each other as they did not have a chance to talk to each other due to their work obligations. Seeing’s as Jim and Greta disgusted Áine, Amelia was the only person in the family that Áine enjoyed talking to. Hearing that Amelia was coming to see her, Áine was ecstatic, she hadn’t seen Amelia physically in two years, and the  pandemic made this impossible until the worst of it was over. 

Eventually leaving her office, Áine got into her car. She sighed and then put her head against the horn which did not beep as the car was turned off. Composing herself, Áine switched on the engine and drove to Greta’s house. Pulling up outside the house, before she got out of the car, Áine straightened her tie, she had been wearing a cream coloured suit and a light navy tie in a double Windsor knot. This was one of the several suits and ties that she had bought the other day, so she was able to wear different ones every day. Being the manager, Áine did not have to stick to the staff dress code, and the other staff always complimented her on how well she looked, and especially for someone of her young age

Knocking on the door, Áine sighed, she knew this visit was going to be absolute hell.

MatthewJames7

Evol likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:09 pm

Evol, 

I don't know if you got it, but I sent you a message on this two say thanks for all your creative thoughts for my stories, are you on Instagram or anything if you wanted to DM privately? Mine is 7MatthewJames. 

Matthew

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:28 pm

Opening the door, Greta smiled, "Áine, how nice to see you here. Your dad is away on a business trip so it's just you and me today I'm afraid." Cursing under her breath, Áine reluctantly followed Greta into the living room. Taking a seat on the couch, Áine sighed again, five minutes in and already she was fed up. At that moment Greta returned with a tray of food, "I batched up some scones, fresh out of the oven. I'm great at making scones." As much as she liked eating scones, Áine muttered sarcastically under her breath, "not as great as you think, you old bat." Looking at Áine's suit, Greta was dismayed a little, "that the new style these days Áine? I didn't raise you in that manner, I raised you to be a lady, and certainly dress like a lady. I am your mother now, and I will not have you dressed in such silly clothes. Your mother was too soft on you, she was clearly inexperienced with raising children."

Hearing these snide remarks, Áine replied, "you may be married to my dad now, but you're not my mother, and I don't think one bit about calling you it. Don't ever speak about my mother like that. She was a greater woman than you ever will be. You shipped off your children to boarding schools up and down the country, and you were raising them with an iron fist. Do me a favour, and go to hell." Clearly irate, but also satisfied with herself, Áine stormed out of the house without saying another word or looking back at her snobbish stepmother. Getting into the car, she drove away and made her way home. Pulling up outside her house, Áine felt so relieved that she had gotten the encounter off her chest. Turning off the ignition, she walked into the house, "hello? Karen?". Hearing no reply, Áine made her way into the kitchen and looked around for Karen, but her search was interrupted when she spotted a letter on the table. 

"Dear Áine, I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but something has come up back home, and I promised that I would return to them. I certainly enjoyed being your flatmate, and especially when you arrived the other day with your suits. Kind regards, Karen."

Last edited by MatthewJames7 on Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

MatthewJames7

Evol likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:40 am

Reading the note again, Áine broke down crying, her college roommate and best friend of three years was gone. After a few minutes she had stopped crying, and when she wiped the last of her tears, Áine composed herself, "great, this means a shedload of interviews for a new flatmate, just fantastic." If it wasn't blatantly obvious to anyone else, the tone of Áine's voice was sheer sarcasm, she wanted Karen back, but if Karen had to return to her family, Áine had no real choice. 

Over the next little while, Áine spent her time creating an advert online for her new roommate, and when she was done, it was simply a case of waiting for the replies. 

Waking up the following morning, Áine had a shower, she had a busy day ahead of her with all the interviews. Walking over to her wardrobe, she opened it which made a slight creaking noise, "I must oil that door when I get the chance". Taking out her cream coloured suit and the navy tie, she placed them on the bed. Putting on the shirt first, it felt so smooth against her soft skin. Buttoning it up to the top, Áine, she looked in the mirror to make sure her top button was closed which she always did regardless. In most cases Áine was not picky, but she always went for tight collared shirts, she felt they looked more professional. Next came the slacks, they were very comfortable around her waist. Picking up her tie, Áine stood in front of the mirror once again, "hmm, I might do a four-in-hand knot, I nearly always do a Windsor knot, might mix it up a little today. Tying her tie, Áine pushed it up to her collar which was nice and snug. Last came her blazer, and when she had put it on, Áine glanced at herself in the mirror, she looked like a woman on a mission, and did not have time to be messing around, today was a very busy day ahead, there would be no time for messing regardless. .

Returning to the bathroom, Áine washed her teeth and applied her makeup very carefully in the mirror. Using some mouthwash to make sure her mouth was extra clean, Áine made her way downstairs to have her breakfast. "Hmm, I think I'll have some porridge today." After she had finished her porridge, Áine then had a bowl of Greek yogurt and mixed berries which was a favourite of hers especially when it could be eaten at anytime during the day. Just as she was finishing rinsing her plate, Áine heard the doorbell ring, it was all go from here

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:13 pm

Opening the door, Áine met the first applicant, and before he set foot in the door, Áine could see that he was poorly dressed and he smelled of unwashed body, and a musky body odour. Closing the door again, she walked back into the kitchen,"disgusting" she exclaimed with a sense of mental nausea. Áine had asked Felicia if she could work from home in order to accommodate her applicant interviews, and Felicia had emailed back, "that's perfectly fine with me Áine, anytime you need anything, don't hesitate to ask, anyways I'll see you tomorrow love, best of luck with the applicants."

A few minutes later another applicant arrived, she was a lot better than the previous one, she was washed, dressed to a more acceptable manner, and did not smell as if he just came from the gym. Inviting her in. Making a pot of tea, Áine motioned to her to take a seat at the table. When she asked her applicant if she wanted some tea, they replied, "no thanks, but thank you for offering." Returning to the table, Áine sat down and started the interview, which surprisingly lasted almost an hour. It was finally finished when Áine heard the doorbell ring again, it was another applicant. 

As the rest of the afternoon passed by, several more applicants had come and gone. Some had gone within minutes as they had met with Áine's disapproval, others had stayed a little longer. The woman who had been there for an hour and a half was called back again, and after another hour, she and Áine had settled on her being Áine's new flatmate. She was called Cecilia, her long blonde hair was like melted hold, and her blue eyes shone like sapphires. To Áine's delight, Cecilia was a bubbly kind of person and saw the world with a glass half full, and like Áine, Cecilia did not like to attend raucous parties either or drink, they were both very strict teetotallers, and Áine never kept a drop of alcohol in the house. Jim had been a raging alcoholic in his younger days, and when Áine heard stories of it, she was disgusted, her father was a grown man who in his younger days was a complete drunken menace. This made Áine vow never to drink any alcohol whatsoever, and she did not care what others her age would have thought of her not being a drinker.

Showing Cecilia around the house, Áine was delighted to have a new flatmate, she really wanted the company, it was better than living alone in her view. Sitting on the couch later that evening after they had their first dinner together as flatmates, Cecilia turned to Áine, and enquired, "Áine, why do you wear a suit and tie?? I understand wearing a business suit, but a shirt and a tie too?" With a slight chuckle, Áine replied, "I decided the other day, before I started in my job as bank manager, that I needed a wardrobe overhaul if I was going to look more professional in the workplace, plus I had never worn a tie before, so I wanted to see what it was like, and truth be told, I feel so much more confident in myself."

MatthewJames7

Evol likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:26 am

Waking up the following morning, Áine looked out her bedroom window, groaning when she saw that it was pouring rain outside. The grey overcast sky did not help her mood one bit. It meant that people would be coming in and out of the bank moaning and groaning about the weather before they got down to their business. The rain was a near ever constant occurrence in Ireland, it was rainy about 90% of the time. Áine lived in Limerick, which was in the south of Ireland, and she had been born there too. She hoped to stay working there unless a major opportunity rose its head.

Reluctantly getting up, Áine put her book back on her bookshelf, making sure to remember what page she was on, page 399. So as to avoid walking around her room barefoot, Áine put on a pair of slippers, the floor was carpet anyways, but Áine was not one to take any risks. Getting into the shower, Áine washed herself, making sure to wash her hair too. Getting out of the shower, Áine looked at herself in the mirror, "ah, that lovely shine on my hair. Now, time to get suited and booted." Taking out a black coloured suit and a red tie, Áine placed them neatly on the bed. Firstly, she put on her bra, and then the white shirt, its ever so soft material was always nice and comfortable. Walking over to her dresser drawer, Áine took out a pair of knickers and put them on. Returning to the bed, she picked up the black trousers, the material was so soft, and they always felt so comfortable around her waist.  Next came Áine's favourite, the tie. Placing it around her collar, Áine tied her tie in a Windsor knot. Walking back over to her dresser drawer, she rummaged through it until she found a box of accessories. After a minute of rummaging, she found a pair of expensive cufflinks and a tie pin. Putting them on, Áine looked at herself in the mirror and smiled approvingly. She may have been the youngest staff member on the banking staff team, but she was determined to show that she was able to look the part for it. 

Walking past Cecilia's bedroom, she stuck her head inside the door, "Cecilia, I'm off to work, I'll see you later." Groggily, Cecilia replied, "sure, see you later Áine." Making her way downstairs, Áine started making her breakfast when the doorbell rang. Opening it, she was welcomed by the postman who handed her a couple of letters. One of them was to do with bank stuff that Felicia had to sign before it could be sent to the proper people, and then the other was from her maternal aunt Carrie which made Áine smile, she and Carrie always enjoyed each other's company, Carrie was the closest thing Áine had to a mother figure since her mother had died. Reading the letter, it said, "to my darling Áine, I'm coming home for a few days as I am on holidays from work. I'm hoping to get to spend a day or two with my beautiful niece who I have not seen in several months. I hear that you have a managerial job at the bank so you'll have to tell me all about it when I arrive, the non-confidential bits of course. I'm coming down on Thursday, so I'll see you then sweetheart. Talk soon, Carrie." Returning to the kitchen to have her breakfast, Áine was reading a soccer magazine, she was always big into soccer when she was younger, and she supported Real Madrid because some of her favourite players growing up were playing for Madrid at the time. It was her dream to go the Bernabeu to see a Madrid match, but tickets and flights were the main stepping stone. In her class in primary and secondary school she was a tomboy and always played soccer with the boys to the bemusement of some of the other girls in her class. When she had finished her breakfast, Áine washed her bowl and put into the dishwasher for later. 

Looking at herself one last time in the mirror before she went to work, Áine nodded approvingly of how she was dressed and looked for work, "prim and proper" she exclaimed satisfactorily. "Now, here we go, time for work." As well as having a kind nature as well as a bubbly personality, Áine was very demure in that she never bragged or boasted about her important job and tried to downplay it when it was brought up in conversation, especially by one of her neighbours Claire who was a complete snob and told everyone who would listen that she was living next door to a bank manager. Anytime Áine was going to work and she saw Claire, who seemed to know like clockwork when Áine left, she would always try and get her to chat for a few minutes, Áine thought, "oh Christ." Getting into her car, Áine took a sigh of relief, she had managed to avoid Claire this morning. As Áine was reversing out of her driveway, she spotted Claire waiting by her low wall separating the two houses. Reluctantly, Áine rolled down her car window, and Claire exclaimed excitedly, "morning Áine, off to another busy day in the bank?" Áine, not even chatting a minute, was already groaning in her mind, Claire was incessant when she started talking. Nodding reluctantly, she replied, "yes." Eventually Claire let Áine go to work which was a relief for her because Claire would drive her insane at the best of times.

Last edited by MatthewJames7 on Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:40 am; edited 1 time in total

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:46 am

Arriving at work, Áine was greeted by Felicia. "Morning Áine, hope you got on well with your applicants. I was delighted with the stuff you sent me on last night. Anyways, that's enough of my gabbing, I've to go back upstairs as I've meetings with other bank officials about how to make things easier for customers in the long run so I'll be busy with that most of the morning. Oh perfect, there's that letter that was sent to you, I'll sign it and take it upstairs." Signing her name on it, Felicia then handed it back to Áine and walked back upstairs to where the bank directors offices were. Hearing the sound of classical music playing over the speakers, Áine walked into her office and sat down at her desk. The classical music helped to sooth her slightly frayed nerves after putting up with Claire. Turning on her desktop, Áine logged into her account. The first thing she did was always to check her emails to see if there was more business emails she needed to catch up on. When she noticed that there were no emails that needed attending to, Áine started up an Excel spreadsheet to mark out the customers and their financial enquiries. 

After what seemed like an instant, it was time for Áine to have her lunch break. Taking some of her lunch outside, Áine sat down on the benches underneath the canopy which were nice and sheltered so she could eat her lunch there no matter what the weather conditions were like. Sitting down to eat, Áine watched as a couple of people, who were standing near her, light up their cigarettes. Áine, in addition to being a strict teetotaller, was also very anti-smoking. Some of her classmates in college smoked when they had a chance in between classes. The smell of the cigarettes and the smoke in general made Áine feel nauseous, and unfortunately a couple of times, it did make her run to the bathroom and vomit. As a result, Áine hated the idea of being in the same room, if not vicinity, of someone who smoked. Moving down to another bench further away, Áine ate her lunch in peace while flicking reading the soccer news on her phone. In her younger years, Áine wished to be a soccer player but was turned away from her aspiration when she was told that only a select few would ever make it to the top tier leagues. This chance of her aspiration shattered, Áine took the decision with a heavy heart, but deep down she also knew that what she had been told was true. Her childhood dream was to play for Real Madrid and win the women's Champions League, but this was now just a dream, it wouldn't be able to come to fruition.

MatthewJames7

Evol likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:47 am

Walking back into the bank, Áine straightened her tie in one of the mirrors, "perfect, a lovely neat tie." As she looked around, she noticed that there were a couple of customers who were arguing with the bank tellers, they were clearly irate about something. Sighing, Áine walked over to them, angry customers was not a rare occurrence in the bank, usually on a daily basis. This made the jobs of the bank officials a lot harder than they would have wished, having to listen to customer complaints was an unfortunate part of their playbook. 

"Is there something wrong?" Áine exclaimed with a determined look in her eye. The customer turned back to her and told her rudely to keep out of their business. Hearing this rude remark, Mine told him that she was the bank manager and that she did not appreciate customers coming in and abusing her staff. She also told him that should it ever happen again, he would be barred from coming into the bank. "I do not condone your behaviour towards my staff. Insulting them means you are insulting me and I don't have time for insults. Now, calm yourself down and get back to your business. I'll take your name, and should you act in this manner again, I'll have no hesitation in ejecting you from the premises." Clearly beaten, he calmed down and completed his business. Upon finishing, he walked out the door without turning back or saying a word. The other customers and the staff all applauded Áine for her calmness in the situation, and many said that she acted in a very professional manner, especially for someone of her age.

With a satisfied smile on her face, Áine returned to her office, and before she sat down, she opened her window as it was getting stuffy in the room. Getting back into her work, Áine hardly looked up from her desktop. It was only when the alarm on her phone went off to tell her that it was the end of the working day. Picking up her handbag, she walked out of her office making sure to close it behind her. The security guard passed by with a cheerful expression, "see you on Monday Áine." Returning the compliment, Áine handed him the key to her office. 

Getting into the car, Áine put on the radio as she made her way home which she felt made the journey quicker. Upon arrival at her house, Áine was not even out of the car yet when she saw Claire coming out outside. Putting her head in her hands, Áine sarcastically thought, "oh fantastic, I wonder what she wants now?" Opening the car door, Áine was met by Claire with a loud greeting. Without saying a word, Áine knew that it would be an annoying encounter. "Áine, I would like to invite you and Cecilia to a dinner party tonight, I have a few guests coming and it would be a great chance for you to meet them." Knowing that she had no choice, Áine reluctantly replied, "I'm looking forward to it" even though she clearly was not

MatthewJames7

Evol likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:30 pm

Hey Evol,

I sent you a friend request but I don’t know if it came through 

Matthew

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:16 pm

Áine's nausea was saved when Claire told her that the party would not be until 7pm, so it gave Áine the bulk of two hours to relax after her gruelling day at work. Waling into the house, Áine hung her coat up on the coat rack and made her way into the living room where Cecilia was sitting down watching TV. "Hi Áine, how was work?" Cecilia exclaimed, and with one word, Áine replied, "hell." Over the next couple of minutes Áine told Cecilia why her day was hell. When she had finished the story, Áine poured herself a glass of water and sat back down on the couch. 

As much as it pained her to tell Cecilia, Áine knew she had no choice but to tell her about Claire's party. Upon hearing it, Cecilia fell back on the couch with a groan. "At least you tried to ignore her, Áine, I don't think I'd have the courage." Walking back to the fridge, Áine took out some bread and a couple of other things to make a sandwich while she was waiting. "Dammit, we're out of prosciutto, I completely forgot. I'll have some toast and Nutella instead, plus I shall treat myself. Cecilia, want some toast and Nutella?" From the couch, Cecilia said that she would.

A couple of minutes later they had finished the toast and were washing the dishes when the doorbell rang. At this time in the evening, Áine had a feeling that she knew who it was, and her assumptions were correct when she saw Claire standing in the doorway. "Forgot to mention that it is a formal dinner party tonight girls, so wear your best evening dresses or a suit, and a tie of course." Watching as Claire returned to her house, Áine walked back into the living room. "I need a drink (NOT something alcoholic though, a drink of Lucozade or something) a stress reliever and something with a lot of codeine in it" she thought to herself.

MatthewJames7

Evol likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:30 am

Walking upstairs to her room, Áine looked through her wardrobe to pick out what suit and tie should choose, and eventually settled on her navy pinstripe suit and a light powder-blue tie. "Hmm, I think I'll wear it in a tight Windsor knot, looks more confident." Getting dressed, Áine smiled in the mirror at how well she looked. At that moment Cecilia entered the room, "Áine, have you a dress I could wear?" Shaking her head, Áine replied, "sorry Cecilia, when I did a wardrobe overhaul, I got rid of most of my dresses, so you'll just have to wear one of my suits. Here, this cream coloured suit and light navy tie should do the trick." Cecilia was slightly unnerved at the idea of having to dress up like a man, but after a minute she reluctantly decided to wear the suit and tie. "Don't think I'll instantly get to like the idea of wearing a suit and tie, Áine, I know you're passionate about them, but I don't share the same feeling just quite yet. Maybe in time I will love wearing one, but it'll take time. The only other time I wore a tie was as a part of my school uniform, and I wasn't exactly privy to it."

"That's ok Cecilia, each to their own. I completely understand, it usually takes time to adapt to something new." Straightening her tie in the mirror, Áine nodded satisfactorily, "perfect. Now, time to enter the lair of our equivalent of Cruella DeVil." Walking outside, Áine locked the house behind her and Cecilia. When they were getting ready, Cecilia had asked if they should bring something as a gift, and Áine had decided to bring some scones that she had freshly made. 

Climbing over the low wall, Áine and Cecilia arrived at Claire's door, and with a sigh, Áine knocked on the door. Her evening of hell was just about to begin. Opening the door, Claire exclaimed, "girls! Welcome to my little soirée. It's an absolute pleasure to have someone of such a high banking position at my dinner party tonight, just wait until I tell everyone, they'll be so jealous." Not even at the party five minutes, Áine knew the rest of it was going to be a nightmare. One of the women spotted Áine and walked over to her with a cheery smile on her face. The woman was roughly in her mid to late fifties with blonde, but slightly greying hair which she kept back with a hair slide. ""You must be the famous Áine, Claire speaks of you all the time, usually more than twice a day. She drives everyone who can hear her berserk with telling us about how she thinks she is superior to everyone. She is despised by everyone in the area, but we come to her dinner parties to satisfy her. my sincere apologies, I never introduced myself, I am Natalie, I am a work colleague of Claire's, though it is complete and total torture. She wonders why nobody at works talks to her, but she's also completely oblivious to the fact she is the most hated person there. I like your suit and tie, it looks very classy on you, and you dress more professionally for someone your age than most people my age. You're 21 years old and you're a bank manager? They must see a lot of potential in you. I wish you the very best of luck with it, if they believe in you at 21, I see very good things for you down the line. Anyways, I'll toddle around and mingle with the others, oh by the way, my daughter Julieta is here too, you might meet her as you go around."

MatthewJames7

Evol likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:05 am

As the evening had progressed, Áine had met nearly everyone at the party, most of whom shared her feeling of embarrassment at the fact that they had to be there just to facilitate Claire's self-centredness, and her need to prove to everyone that she was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Anytime she asked if they had heard about her even wealthier brother, they would always reply in a loud voice, "yes!" Walking around, Áine had spotted Julieta and walked over to her. When Julieta turned around, Áine was surprised to see that Julieta was also wearing a suit and tie. When they started chatting this made Cecilia realise that the idea of wearing a suit and tie was actually not that bad. She thought it was a trifle odd that women would be dressing like men, but she was willing to give it a try. As they were mingling, Áine and Cecilia met Julieta who was also sick to the stomach of having to be at one of Claire's dos. They spent the bulk of two hours chatting with each other as the rest of the party guests were adults. At one point Áine had gone to get a glass of water when Julieta quizzed Cecilia on what she thought of Áine. Telling Julieta about her feelings for Áine, Cecilia was now feeling slightly nervous in how she would act in front of Áine, and what Áine would say if she knew the truth.

MatthewJames7

Evol likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:33 pm

Before she returned to Cecilia and Julieta, Áine was met by a grey haired woman who was limping slightly, "you must be the famous Áine, Claire never stops speaking of you, and in the highest of praise of course. I'm home from Seattle, and I was wondering if you would like to work for me in the bank in Seattle, you would not be manager for a few years though. Would you like the job?"

Should Áine take the job and move to Seattle, or stay in Ireland where she is manager of her bank?

I’m thinking that she stays in Ireland as she’s only been in the job a few days, and that she’s nervous about living abroad and not being close to her friends anymore. Me personally, I want her to stay in Ireland and gain valuable experience before she goes to work anywhere else, plus it also means she would be sacrificing her managerial position in the bank. That’s my take on it anyways, just said I’d ask what ye think

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by Evol Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:57 pm

I think she should stay too at least for now

Evol

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:48 pm

That’s what I’m thinking too
Evol wrote:I think she should stay too at least for now

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by Evol Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:28 am

Great minds think alike. haha

Evol

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:56 am

Evol wrote:Great minds think alike. haha
Indeed they do my man

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:20 am

As they discussed it, Áine exclaimed, "I'm flattered that you value me and my potential so much, Carole, but I would like to stay here in Ireland for another few years and gain more experience before I make any snap judgments and up sticks to somewhere new. I'm only fresh out of college a few weeks so I want to stay here for a few months or a few years." Wiping her glasses, Carole replied, "that's ok Áine, I just said I'd ask because you're young and I'm looking for young in my staff." Feeling a little dejected, Carole walked away knowing that she had lost out on a valuable new asset. With a sigh of relief, Áine exclaimed, "that was close." Cecilia, while she was watching the conversation, had decided to face Áine and tell her exactly what she felt about her. When Áine returned, Cecilia took her by the hand, "Áine, I need to speak with you in private, there's something I want to say."

Walking out into Claire's conservatory, Cecilia sat down in a chair and faced Áine. Over the next few minutes she was telling Áine what she thought of her, and her positive views on a woman wearing a suit and tie, even though she had stated earlier in the evening that it would be a slow liking. Wondering where they had went, Claire found Cecilia and Áine speaking in the conservatory and offered them a glass of water. Straightening her tie, Áine exclaimed, "Cecilia, I'm flattered, I really am, but I don't know if we would work out together in a relationship, we only know each other a few days, I think you're jumping in the deep end a little too quickly, you need to learn to swim before you go into the deep end. I can't see it happening between us, you're a good friend, but I don't see you as a lover quite yet, I hope you understand." 

Upon hearing this, Cecilia broke down crying and then before Áine had a chance to comfort her, Cecilia ran out of the house and back to her and Áine's house in a flood of tears. On her way out Cecilia accidentally bumped into Claire who was holding a tray of glasses of champagne, knocking the tray out of her hand and showering the floor with shards of glass. When the tray hit the floor, and the glasses all broke, Claire cursed out loud, something that she never did before, as she believed that swearing was for the lower classes. As Claire considered herself perfect, people were even more stunned when they heard her cursing. They never expected a woman of Claire's social standing to speak so rudely in front of company. After she had brushed up the glass from the floor, Claire confronted Áine, clearly angry at her. "Áine, your actions have caused me some embarrassment tonight, I think you should leave. I'll see you at some other point in the week." 

With no choice, Áine loosened her tie and walked out of the house. Opening the front door, Áine made her way into the hallway. Looking at herself in the mirror, Áine rubbed her nose, and sighed, Claire was right, something that Áine never thought she would say or think. She had made a major muck-up of Claire's dinner party.

MatthewJames7

Evol likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:12 am

Sitting down on the couch, Áine looked up at the ceiling, she had broken Cecilia's heart. As she sat there, Áine realised how terrible she felt, but was not sure if she had the courage to face Cecilia, or if Cecilia did not want to speak to her. Knowing the only way to find out was to ask Cecilia, Áine sat up from the couch. Walking out of the living room, Áine took off her blazer, making sure to carefully hang it on the rack. On her way upstairs, Áine took off her tie and placed it on her bed. Opening her shirt so her top two buttons were open, Áine then made her way out into the hallway again. With a deep breath, Áine knew she had to face the magic sooner or later. Knocking on the door, she heard Cecilia exclaim, "go away Áine, haven't you embarrassed me enough yet?" 

Áine sat down on the end of the bed, exclaiming, "Cecilia, I'm sorry, I did not mean it to cause you embarrassment or anything. I really am, I let the heat of the moment get the better of me. I'm flattered that you hold me in such high esteem, but I've never been in a same sex relationship before. I want us to be best friends, but I just feel that if we start dating it might affect things in the long run. Who knows, we could start out as a great couple, but then things could get toxic between us, and I do not want that to happen, so I think it's better if we stay best friends for the moment, maybe down the line we might realise that we were meant for each other. So, burning question, how did it feel to wear one of my suits? You think it's something you may do in the future?"

Sitting up excitedly, Cecilia's downtrodden post-party demeanour had instantly vanished. "It felt amazing Áine, I felt so confident in how I looked, it made me feel like a whole new woman, minus the part where you upset me a little, haha. Maybe you're right for the moment, we don't want to rush into something and then six months down the line as a couple there's nothing but toxicity and tension between us. Could I wear one of your suits and a tie to work tomorrow?" Nodding, Áine replied, "one? Cecilia, in honour of your newfound love for suits and ties, I'm taking you to my tailor tomorrow when you get home from work and buying you some, sorry did I say some? I meant several. Think of it as another housewarming present." Áine had never seen Cecilia so happy, her smile was nearly radiant.

MatthewJames7

Evol likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:33 am

The following day when Cecilia had finished work Áine took her to buy some new suits which made Cecilia smile, she was foraying into a new interest, a new fashion lifestyle. When they walked into the tailor shop, they were greeted by Salina, "Áine, I must give you some major credit, since you bought your suits here everyone has been raving about this place. We have customers coming in left, right and centre, and we've even had orders for suits from abroad. Your pictures and advertising of the shop has sent our fame through the roof, people are buying from us all the time. Some of your bank colleagues told me of the new dress code you have implemented there and I am very impressed by it. Now, anyways, that's enough of my gabbing. Take a look around and let me know if you have any questions."

As they walked around the shop, Áine was pointing out some of the potential suits for Cecilia to try on or buy. Just as they were about to choose one, Áine heard a familiar voice behind her. "Hello Áine."

Feeling the hairs on her neck stand up, Áine shivered slightly, she knew exactly whose voice it was. Turning around, Áine gulped slightly when she noticed that the person speaking was her former school headmistress Ms. Kimberly Shay. During her secondary school years, Áine knew that Ms Shay was a strict disciplinarian type of headmistress and ruled the school with an iron fist. She did not care one bit about being lenient towards students, and any infraction of school rules warranted immediate detention. Ms Shay was wearing a black Gucci three quarter length skirt suit, a grey shirt and a crimson red tie in a double Windsor knot, a tie pin and a pocket square. "I've heard from several people that you're quite the banking sensation. As much as I disliked most of the students that have walked through the school's hallowed halls, I have to admit I'm quite impressed by the quickness in which you earned such a high ranking position. I did not like most of the students in the school, but you were the exception. You never got detention, you were always very pleasant to everyone, and me too. You always put others before yourself, you were a model student, and many should have learned from you." 

There was a deep secret that Áine did not know about regarding Ms Shay. The secret was that Ms Shay was actually her aunt. "Áine, I want to tell you something, and promise me you won't overreact. The truth is, you are my niece. Before she died your mother promised Carrie and I to keep it a secret until she felt the time was right to tell you. You were too little for me to tell you when she died, that's why you don't remember me being at her funeral. She was my sister along with your aunt Carrie."  Áine asked for a chair to sit down after she heard the shocking news. "You're my aunt?" Nodding, Kimberly replied, "yes, you are my niece. I'm sorry for not telling you about it, I just hope that in time you will forgive me. Your mother would be very proud of the beautiful young woman you have grown into." Slightly shocked, she placed her arms around Kimberly who kissed her on the head, and then hugged her, "I'm so sorry sweetheart, I should have told you before, but I made a promise to your mother. Over the years while you were at school I looked out for you with a keen eye, and I made sure that nobody would ever harm you in any way whatsoever. Anytime that someone bullied you, I disciplined them in secret and warned them to get off your back. Áine, to make it up to you, I want to take you out for dinner tonight, and I know you have your apartment at the moment, but if you ever wanted to live with me you are more than welcome to."

Last edited by MatthewJames7 on Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:19 am; edited 2 times in total

MatthewJames7

Evol likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:22 am

When they had helped Cecilia to pick out some suits, they left the suit shop and walked back onto the street. Looking at her phone, Kimberly exclaimed, "Áine, sweetheart, I've to run to a staff meeting in the school until 6. When I'm done I'll take you out for dinner. Cecilia, you don't mind if it's just Áine and I tonight?" Cecilia wiped her glasses, "not one bit, you two go for it. I'm meeting some friends anyways, so you two enjoy yourselves."

"Ok, thanks Cecilia. Áine I'll meet you at your apartment at 7pm. I made reservations at the best restaurant in town, sure it's quite pricey, but for my niece I'd pay any price. I'll see you later sweetheart." Kissing Áine on the head Kimberly walked down the street, she had a newfound confidence in herself. With a smile on her face, Áine was delighted that she finally had a new mother figure, something that Greta never was. 

When Áine got home, she was disgusted to see that Jim and Greta were waiting for her to arrive. "Hello Áine" Greta exclaimed cheerfully, though Áine knew that this was a complete lie. After what seemed like an instant it was 6pm. Kimberly was due to arrive at any moment, and arrived on cue. With a glare, Kimberly looked at Jim and Greta, she like Áine, did not like them one bit. When Greta made a sarcastic remark, Áine returned fire with one of her own, causing Greta to snap at her, "don't you speak to me, your new mother like that, you ungrateful little brat. I could have shipped you off to boarding school in some remote country, but I only put up with you for my love of your father. You are nothing but an ungrateful brat, I should have been more harsh with you over the years. Yes, that's what I should have done was teach you some discipline, manners, respect and other things, but no, I made that mistake and look where it got you. A cross-dressing little brat. You're not impressing anyone in those silly suits so drop the charade of thinking you are." Áine was about to reply further when Kimberly stopped her, "don't you dare speak to my niece like that Greta. You are not even half the woman Carole was. In the time she was alive she was an exceptional woman and a wonderful mother to Amelia and Áine, and she was an even better sister to me. 

When Jim tried to intervene, he was told off by Greta to leave it to her. Eventually Áine got fed up of Greta, and exclaimed, "Greta, I'll never live with you or Dad again." Before Greta had a chance to reply, Jim exclaimed, "fine, but I'm disowning you Áine. You're no longer my daughter." Taking out some papers out of her bag, Áine handed them to Jim and Greta who signed them without any hesitation. They were adoption papers that meant Kimberly would be Áine's new legal guardian. "Alright Dad, disown me, see if I care. Mum would be disgusted by you. Greta, despite the fact that I only found out three hours ago that she's my aunt, Kimberly has been more of a mother to me in the last eighteen years than you ever will be. Now, kindly get out of my apartment." 

Greta and Jim stormed out of the house and drove off without looking back to say goodbye. Hugging Áine, Kimberly exclaimed, "I'm so proud of you sweetheart, and I know Carole would be too. You're a lot like her you know, in more ways than one. She possessed your ability to make smart remarks, in the right situations of course. You are the spitting image of her, and not a day goes by when I don't miss her. I see so much of her in you sweetheart. I should have told you years ago Áine, oh I wanted to, but I promised Carole I wouldn't until the time was right. You must have thought I was a tyrannical headmistress, and I admit it completely, but I always kept a close eye on you. I never wanted to see you get hurt by anyone. I especially clamped down on those who did hurt you in any way but I was able to mask it that they did not think I showed favouritism towards you. Anyways, that's enough of my gabbing. If you want to go upstairs and get changed, take your time, we don't have to be at the restaurant for another half an hour. Actually, hang on a second, I want to give you something that once belonged to your mother. Well, it's actually three things, but she wanted you to have them when you grew up." Handing Áine a bag, Kimberly felt a tear of happiness run down her cheek. Opening the bag, Áine took out an emerald green dress, a diamond necklace and an engagement ring. "Before she died, Áine, Carole told me to give you the necklace and the engagement ring when you were old enough. The dress is a present from me. Oh by the way, you don't have to call me Kimberly all the time sweetheart, you can call me Kim. I know I'm now legally your new mother, and I'm truly delighted to be so, but I would prefer that you don't call me Mum in person it wouldn't be fair to Carole." Nodding, Áine replied, "sure, that's ok with me. You are my new mother, but you want to cherish Mum's memories, I understand completely. Would you mind if I wore one of my suits and ties tonight Kim?" Kimberly nodded, "not at all sweetheart, you wear whatever you want to. When you're changed, I'd be honoured to tie your tie for you, and don't mind what Greta said, you always look beautiful in your suits."

Last edited by MatthewJames7 on Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:04 am

After Áine had gotten dressed, she walked back downstairs to the kitchen where Kim was waiting. Standing in front of Áine, Kim took Áine's tie in her hands and started tying it. "When your mother and I were in school, she often asked me if I would help her to tie her tie so I've had a lot of practice over the years. Throughout the years when you were in school you were always so perfectly dressed. Even if you didn't spot it, I was always very proud of you sweetheart, I really was, and when you were first in your class in terms of your grades, I was, again, very proud of you, and I know Carole would be too. You inherited her eidetic memory, once she read something she never forgot it. There you are, a perfect tie knot." Delighted that Kim was so caring of her, Áine hugged her, "thanks Kim, I love you." Kissing Áine on the head, Kim replied, "I love you too sweetheart, and your mother, she loved you from the day you were born. Anyways, let's get moving or our table will be gone."

Driving out of the driveway, Áine saw Claire approaching the car, she was fixed on talking to Áine who rolled down the window, "not now Claire, I'm busy, I'll stop by tomorrow or the day after. We have important dinner plans for this evening so we're in a rush." As they continued driving, Áine was telling Kim about Claire and her snobbish ways. Upon hearing this, Kim was not the least bit surprised, Claire had come from a very wealthy family and even during their school years she was almost as snobbish as she was in the present day. "Nothing has changed in 25 years Áine, that woman is about as snobbish as they come. She always walked around the school bragging about her family's wealth and all those other things, the only people who cared about her were her best friends, other than that everyone wanted her to shut up." 

Eventually they arrived at the restaurant and pulled up. Looking out the window, Áine was not that surprised to see that it was very busy, it being the most expensive restaurant in the city. Walking into the restaurant, they were met by a woman who was wearing a black skirt suit and an emerald green tie. From looking at her, Áine did not think that she was the friendly type. "Good evening ladies, you're both very welcome to our restaurant. I am Tara, the manager and owner here. I believe the reservation was for Shay." Nodding, Kim replied, "yes." Áine's instant misjudgment of Tara had disappeared, Tara was actually a quite bubbly person but to look at her at first it did not show. Escorting them to a table, Tara exclaimed, "here you are ladies, best seats in the house." Something smelled fishy to Áine. Kim could spot this a mile away, and chuckling slightly, she exclaimed, "you're probably wondering how I did all this so easily Áine, well, Tara is a great friend of mine and she was also friends with Carrie and your mother too. The four of us were inseparable growing up, and we did almost everything together, Tara used to come to stay with us every summer, everything." Tara looked at Áine, exclaiming, "you're so like her, Áine, Kim probably told you already, but you're the spitting image of her. The day she died was the most tragic day of our lives, and I know she would be very proud of you right now."

Last edited by MatthewJames7 on Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:23 am; edited 2 times in total

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:34 am

A little while later Kim and Áine were eating their meals when Kim noticed Áine was suddenly coughing. Something was not right, nobody just suddenly started coughing mid-meal. "Áine, sweetheart, are you ok?" Due to the coughing Áine could not say a word. It suddenly struck Kim, Áine was not coughing, she was choking. Taking a sniff of Áine's dinner, she exclaimed, "I smell pepper. Áine is highly allergic to pepper." Running over to Áine, she exclaimed, "Áine, speak to me, it's me Kim. Someone get a doctor, or something, help us please!!" After someone had administered the Heimlich manoeuvre, Áine got back up, but then suddenly passed out. 

A few hours later she awoke to find herself in hospital clothes. Rubbing her eyes groggily, Áine looked around her, it was strange that she was in hospital having been on a dinner night with Kim. When Áine sat up in the bed, she noticed Cecilia and Kim sitting by the bed in two chairs. "Hey there sleepyhead, you're finally awake. The doctors say you're perfectly ok and ready to go home. Your pepper allergy flared up which caused you to start choking and then caused you to pass out. They did some tests while you were asleep, and everything is perfectly fine, nothing wrong at all. Anyways, get changed and we'll make tracks."

Nodding, Áine replied, "great! Kim, could we go to a hairdressers first? I want to try out a new hairstyle. I've always wondered what my hair would look like if I got it cut short." Kim was not sure about it, "Áine, do you really want to sacrifice your long hair? I think you look beautiful with it. You look like your mother with your long hair." Wiping her glasses, Áine replied, "yes, I want to try something new."

MatthewJames7

Evol likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:50 am

Walking out of the hospital, Áine got into her car, Kim interjecting, "hold on there kiddo, you are not driving until you are fully rested up. The doctor said to me to not let you drive for a day or two. I'll drive." Reluctantly, but knowing Kim was right in her decision, Áine sat into the passenger seat. She sighed, but knew that she had to listen to medical advice. Áine never kicked up a fuss or anything, even from a young age, so she was not overly annoyed by not being able to drive.

Parking the car in one of the car parks, Kim, Áine and Cecilia got out of the car and back out onto the street. The birds were chirruping in the clear blue sky, it was clear but it was not humid so it was ok weather for Áine to wear her suit and not risk heavily perspiring. Hearing the sound of a cane on the ground, Áine watched as the local priest walked in her direction. Father James Simons was the local Catholic parish priest, and he was nearly 100 years old. He had looked a little frail lately but made a full recovery. His longevity surprised everyone in the community, and some people jokingly asked him what his secret was. Father James had  been a friend of Áine's mother, and did all of the ceremonies that Áine was involved in over the years. "Hello Father, how wonderful to see you. I stopped by your house to say hello a few days ago but you must have been out." Blowing off bits of fluff off his clothes, Father James replied, "Yes, I was in England visiting my my sister. It was very kind of you to think of me Áine, I don't get many visitors these days. I suspect you're tired of hearing this, but you are the spitting image of your mother. It was a very sad day when I found out she had died, she was a great friend to me over the years. Your maternal grandmother and I used to play cards together many years ago so I was always meeting your mother. The three of us struck up an instant friendship. Being a priest, I never married, but your mother was like a daughter to me."

When Áine heard all these statements, she was heart warmed, she loved it when people spoke of her mother because she did not have much time with her mother before she died, so it always made her so happy to hear stories of her mother's life. After a few minutes more conversation, Father James resumed on his walk. Carrying on their own walk, Kim and co made their way to the nearest hairdressers where they were greeted by a heavily tattooed woman. Telling her they did not have an appointment, the woman pointed to the couch without saying a word. While they were waiting, Áine whispered something to Kim who nodded in agreement, it was a remark about the tattooed woman which nearly made Kim snigger, but she managed to suppress her laughter with her fist in her mouth. After a few minutes waiting, Áine was asked to sit down in one of the chairs. One of the hairdressers walked over to her, and by the tone of her voice, Áine knew she was a quite bubbly person. "I hope you didn't feel nervous around Melissa, she never really talks much. I'm Susana. Now, what can we do for you hair wise?"

MatthewJames7

Evol likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:28 pm

Before Áine could reply, Melissa walked over to Susana with a letter in her hand. It was clearly something important for Susana to look at. Just as Melissa was turning to walk away, Susana interjected, "Melissa, this is the second time in the past three days I've had to say this to you, we are a professional hairdressers, and we expect all staff to be properly dressed. Go into the back and put on your suit and tie, and if I catch you in non work attire again, there'll be trouble." With a scowl on her face, Melissa marched into the back to get changed. "Sorry about that. We have an etiquette dress code for this hairdressers. Everyone, customers and staff included will be asked to wear a suit and tie in here. I founded this place, and I want my staff and my customers all to look the part while they are in here."

Out of the corner of her eye, Áine spotted a guy who was about her age walking over to Susana and kissed her on the cheek. Áine wondered if this was her husband, her son or a close friend. When she saw him coming towards her, Áine was slightly nervous. "Well, hello there" he exclaimed very confidently. The guy was very good looking, and just saying hello made her feel better. "Áine, this is my son Lukas." He was wearing a silver two piece suit and matching colour tie in a double Windsor knot, a tie pin, a pair of black loafers and a pair of Gucci sunglasses on top of his head. If Lukas was wearing Gucci sunglasses, it was clear to Áine that Susana was quite the wealthy figure. He cut a very handsome figure, and despite him in a full suit, it was clear from the large biceps that he was a frequent gym user.

Last edited by MatthewJames7 on Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:11 am; edited 1 time in total

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:28 pm

I'm kind of thinking that Cecilia tries to tell Áine about her feelings for her, but that Lukas proves to be an obstacle in her path. I'm of the option that a few weeks later Áine and Lukas get to know each other a lot better which plants seeds of jealousy in Cecilia's mind and that she invites Lukas over for a dinner party so that she can make Áine choose between Cecilia and Lukas once and for all

Last edited by MatthewJames7 on Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total

MatthewJames7

Evol likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Evol Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:41 pm

Sounds great 👍🏻

Evol

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:52 pm

While Áine was having her hair cut, she was chatting to Lukas who beneath his muscular physique, was a gentleman. Áine liked guys who were like that, and before she left the hairdressers, she scribbled down her phone number on a piece of paper and handed it to Lukas. "Here's my number Lukas, I'm happy if you want to go on a coffee date sometime." With a smile on his face, Lukas replied, "thanks Áine, do you want to make it a dinner date?" If Lukas had a smile on his face, it compelled in comparison to Áine's, her smile was almost radiant, and this question made her feel quite flirty. Accepting Lukas's invitation, Áine sat back in the chair satisfactorily as Susana was cutting her hair. 

What Áine did not know was that her flirting with Lukas had made Cecilia silently feel jealous, and slightly hurt. Cecilia was waiting for the right moment to spring the revelation that she had the hots for Áine, but it seemed that Lukas was an unnecessary interference. "I don't know what she sees in him, I'm perfect for her" Cecilia said to herself in her mind. She wanted to get rid of Lukas so that she could have Áine to herself. To everyone else this might have sounded like Cecilia was very controlling of who interacted with Áine, and especially those who attempted to flirt with her, but to Cecilia, she believed that she was doing what she believed was the right thing.

After a few weeks had passed, Áine and Lukas were meeting on a regular basis which was making Cecilia's jealousy even stronger. It was clear that their budding friendship had now blossomed into a relationship. She couldn't bare the sight of someone taking who she believed was the woman for her. As time went by, Cecilia was coming to her wits end with Lukas, she believed that he was her major threat. It reached its breaking point when one day Áine arrived home from town with Lukas, and they had several shopping bags in their hands. Cecilia knew they had been doing some serious shopping, Áine was wearing a new navy-brown pinstripe skirt suit and a red tie in a double Windsor knot, and a pair of Armani sunglasses on her head. Cecilia nearly felt nauseous when she watched Áine straightening Lukas's tie, and even more nauseous when she noticed him kissing her.

MatthewJames7

Evol likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:32 am

Taking Áine by the hand, Cecilia walked out into the corridor, "excuse us Lucas, girl talk." Wondering what Cecilia wanted to talk about so privately, Áine sat down on the bottom step of the stairs and wiped some dirt from her glasses. "Áine, I want to know, what do you see in Lukas that you don't see in me. I've been waiting for weeks on end to tell you my feelings for you, and you've not given me a chance to speak up. I invited Lukas to join us for dinner tonight so that I could make you choose between your friend, and your boyfriend." With a slight stunned look on her face, Áine was surprised to hear this revelation. "Cecilia, I'm flattered, I really am, but I'm dating Lukas now. I know you told me at Claire's dinner party, and you're a good friend to me, but I don't see you as a lover, sorry. I still want you to be my flatmate though, is that ok?"

Reluctantly, Cecilia nodded, "ok Áine, I'm sorry if I seemed jealous or anything, I just didn't want to lose you as a friend, I was being very possessive of you, and especially silly, and I hope you can forgive me." This time Áine took Cecilia's hand, "of course I can forgive you. I'm truly grateful that you cared about me so much." Returning to the kitchen, Áine stuck her head in the door, "back in a couple minutes baby, I want to help Cecilia with something upstairs." Nodding, Lukas replied, "sure, take your time." Walking upstairs, they walked into Áine's room. "Right, seeing as you're in your casual clothes at the moment, it's my mission to dress you up a bit for dinner." Before Cecilia could reply, Áine heard the doorbell ring. Wondering who it could be, she walked down the stairs, making sure not to step on Juno who was stretched out on the bottom step. Her curiosity turned to a look of disdain when she saw it was Claire. "Hello, you must be a new flatmate of Áine's" she exclaimed. Turning around to look at Áine, he gave her the eyes up to heaven look, and replied, "no, I'm actually Áine's boyfriend Lukas." Without saying a word, Claire walked in, exclaiming, "Áine, you cheeky thing, not mentioning your new boyfriend." Before Áine had told Claire of her plan to have dinner with Lukas and Cecilia, Claire had invited them to one of her dinner parties, which made Áine almost lose her appetite, and made her mutter "oh Christ" under her breath.and mentioned, with sheer delight, that she was inviting one of the town's most important socialites, though Áine had a feeling that the socialite would be bored of Claire within the first five minutes after listening to her spew her usual rubbish.

MatthewJames7

Evol likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:20 am

Knowing that she had no choice in the matter, reluctantly accepted Claire's invitation to her dinner party, knowing that within the first five minutes, it was already going to be a nightmare. Cecilia decided to go upstairs to see what she would wear to the party which gave Áine an opportunity to brief Lukas on Claire and her mannerisms. "Lukas, trust me, the evening is going to be a living hell. Claire brags to everyone in sight. Something tells me that she tried to make herself friends with your mum." Without hesitation, Lukas replied, "she certainly did, Mum was having none of it however. Claire's ego was slightly dented after it, but she bounced back quickly. She's tried again on numerous occasions, so anytime Mum sees her now, she tries to hide from Claire's sight."

When Cecilia returned downstairs, she was wearing a navy three quarter length skirt suit and a light blue tie in a double Windsor knot, and Áine had decided to stick with the suit that she had bought in town. Wiping some dirt off her sunglasses, Áine straightened her tie in the mirror, she knew she had to look the part for a party she did not even want to be at. Áine would have preferred to spend the evening at home with Cecilia and Lukas watching a movie than having to go to Claire's party where Claire would be using Áine as fodder to try and brag about her social surroundings and to enhance her snobbish nature even further. Anytime Áine saw the sight of Claire, it made her feel sick in her stomach, Claire was the most annoying person in the area,and she would invite Áine in for coffee.  

One day Cecilia had asked Áine about it, and Áine told her that Claire would keep asking until Áine eventually gave in, despite how disgusted she really felt. Claire's husband Jorge, on the other hand, was a simple soul. He was often suckered into Claire's snobbish plans which he detested with a passion. He was like a dog, Claire practically held him on a leash. He was friends with everyone in the neighbourhood, and knew everyone's name, and likewise. He tried to get away from Claire whenever he could, but this was a very rare occurrence. She was strict about everything with him, manners and etiquette, clothes, appearance, everything that one could humanly think of.

MatthewJames7

Evol likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:14 pm

When Áine would be leaving for work in the mornings, she would occasionally be chatting to Jorge before she left, and when Jorge heard Claire's footsteps coming closer to the door, he, without saying a word, motioned to Áine to go. Áine knew that this was a very wise move, and left before Claire had a chance to speak to her. Jorge was a college lecturer, though he had been working from home for the last two or three years so that he be would closer to his ailing elderly parents, not that his travel to the college was far away. Any free moment Jorge had, Claire took advantage of it to help her become even more prominent in the neighbourhood. Some people thought the age difference between Jorge and Claire was a bit much, he was 32, and she was nearing 50. Jorge had told Áine how he and Claire met, and how they came to be married. Claire, being Claire of course, wanted a very grand wedding, one that she would then use as added fuel to her snobbish ways.

MatthewJames7

Evol likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:44 am

Knocking on Claire's door, Áine, Cecilia and Lukas all shared a mutual feeling of being mentally sick in their stomachs. Opening the door, Claire greeted them excitedly and ushered them in. Áine knew that the evening was going to be an absolute nightmare, in her opinion even thirty seconds in Claire's company was annoying.

Claire and Jorge had a daughter called Emily. Emily worked as a junior lawyer in a law firm which made Claire very happy and used it as even more fuel to add to her snobbish intentions. Emily, like everyone else, detested Claire, and would always be scarlet with embarrassment anytime that Claire started boasting about her.

Jorge had come from an already wealthy family, so when Emily was going to college, he secretly gave her a significant amount of money to help her find an apartment or a house closer to college so she would have time away from Claire. Walking into Claire's living room, Áine was greeted by Emily who was clearly delighted to have company her own age, "hello Áine, welcome to an evening of total hell. I love your suit, I could never really get the feel for one, but I've often seen your pictures of them on your Instagram page." Hugging her, Áine replied, "thanks Emily. It's been a couple of years since we last met. Guys, this is Emily, she was my best friend throughout our school years, partially stemming from our mutual dislike of Claire. Emily, these are Lukas, my boyfriend, and my flatmate Cecilia." Everyone shook hands, and then groaned when they saw Claire walking towards them with a tray of food. Claire had not even said a word and Emily had already gone scarlet with embarrassment. "Tasty nibbles anyone?" Claire exclaimed, and everyone shook their heads. At that moment they were joined by Jorge who exclaimed, "hello Áine, Lukas and Cecilia, welcome to the bane of my existence, Claire's dinner parties. I need a drink." Lukas chuckled slightly, and Cecilia exclaimed, "what would you drink at these parties Jorge?" With a smile on his face, he replied, "the way these usually go, rat poison" which made everyone laugh.

From the corner of her eye, Claire spotted a rather important person who had reluctantly agreed to come to the party and whisked Áine away with her to speak with the important person. Turning to Cecilia, Lukas exclaimed, "she's caught in the tentacles of an evil squid. Now, she just has to attempt to break free." As they were watching Claire talking, Cecilia, Emily and Lukas could see that Claire was trying her very best to impress this mystery person who looked too bored enough to even care about Claire's bragging.

Last edited by MatthewJames7 on Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:58 am

MatthewJames7 wrote:While Áine was having her hair cut, she was chatting to Lukas who beneath his muscular physique, was a gentleman. Áine liked guys who were like that, and before she left the hairdressers, she scribbled down her phone number on a piece of paper and handed it to Lukas. "Here's my number Lukas, I'm happy if you want to go on a coffee date sometime." With a smile on his face, Lukas replied, "thanks Áine, do you want to make it a dinner date?" If Lukas had a smile on his face, it compelled in comparison to Áine's, her smile was almost radiant, and this question made her feel quite flirty. Accepting Lukas's invitation, Áine sat back in the chair satisfactorily as Susana was cutting her hair. 

What Áine did not know was that her flirting with Lukas had made Cecilia silently feel jealous, and slightly hurt. Cecilia was waiting for the right moment to spring the revelation that she had the hots for Áine, but it seemed that Lukas was an unnecessary interference. "I don't know what she sees in him, I'm perfect for her" Cecilia said to herself in her mind. She wanted to get rid of Lukas so that she could have Áine to herself. To everyone else this might have sounded like Cecilia was very controlling of who interacted with Áine, and especially those who attempted to flirt with her, but to Cecilia, she believed that she was doing what she believed was the right thing.

After a few weeks had passed, Áine and Lukas were meeting on a regular basis which was making Cecilia's jealousy even stronger. It was clear that their budding friendship had now blossomed into a relationship. She couldn't bare the sight of someone taking who she believed was the woman for her. As time went by, Cecilia was coming to her wits end with Lukas, she believed that he was her major threat. It reached its breaking point when one day Áine arrived home from town with Lukas, and they had several shopping bags in their hands. Cecilia knew they had been doing some serious shopping, Áine was wearing a new navy-brown pinstripe skirt suit and a red tie in a double Windsor knot, and a pair of Armani sunglasses on her head. Cecilia nearly felt nauseous when she watched Áine straightening Lukas's tie, and even more nauseous when she noticed him kissing her.

The navy brown pinstripe suit is like the one in this picture. I know reading the story, it's harder to visualise the suit if you don't have a picture at times. 

The new Áine F5c1a010

MatthewJames7

Michael Bryan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:39 pm

When they stopped, Claire cleared her throat, "Alexandra, I've someone I'd like you to meet. This is Áine, she's my next door neighbour and quite the banking prodigy. I'll leave you two to chat." The woman turned around, and Áine was awestruck. She could not believe who she was meeting. "So, you're the famous Áine, Claire never stops speaking of you, all high praise of course. Naturally she doesn't shut up about it, no offence." Chuckling, Áine replied, "none taken. You're Alexandra Maraschino, I am a huge fan of your books, I've read all of them." Chuckling herself, Alexandra exclaimed, "guilty as charged. I'm glad you like my books so much. Naturally I'd prefer to be at home writing a new one instead of being at this boring party, I know Claire from college, and she was always hounding me to come. She's unbearable. Tell me Áine, have you ever thought about writing books? My daughter was in your year in school, and she told me you were quite the student, and said that you especially excelled in English class, and every year you topped the entire year in terms of grades. I run a twice weekly creative writing workshop, and I was wondering if you'd be interested in joining it. I do it on a Tuesday and a Friday night so that the writers can submit their works and then it'll give me a couple of days to review them all. It's twenty euro a class, or 32 to pay for the two classes in the one go. If you need a couple of days to think about it, take your time, there's no major rush. I do them all year round so you'll never miss out on anything. I do have a couple of rules though, firstly, I would prefer everyone be respectfully dressed, I'm not saying you have to wear a suit and tie or anything, but just to look somewhat respectable. My second rule, well, not quite a rule per se, but I would prefer to have people arriving on time. Anyways, here's my card, and as I say, take your time in thinking about it, no major rush." Áine watched as Alexandra walked back into the hubbub of the party. 

Áine could not believe it, she had met her literary hero in the flesh. Otherwise fed up with the party, Áine said to Claire that she would head home because Kim was coming over to see her. When Áine arrived back at her house, she walked inside and took off her loafers, putting them on the shoe rack she kept under the stairs. Cecilia had decided to go into town and meet some work colleagues and Lukas had gone home so Áine had the house to herself. Nearly before she had a chance to sit down, Áine heard the doorbell ring. Opening it, she was delighted to see Kim standing there. Walking in, Kim exclaimed, "ooh, aren't you looking very chic Áine, going to a party or something?" Laughing slightly, Áine replied, "the opposite in fact, I was just home from one of Claire's dos." Hugging Áine, Kim kissed her on the head, exclaiming, "it's always great to see you sweetheart. You've heard this a million and one times before, but you are so like your mother, you are the spitting image of her. Anyways, I just said I was in town and I'd see how you are doing."

MatthewJames7

Evol likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:21 am

How did you like the comparison between the picture and the suit and tie in the story Evol?

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by Evol Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:09 am

I like it. As the writer you know what everyone looks like. I do appreciate visual comparisons it’s helpful thanks

Evol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum