Shirt and Tie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Historian

2 posters

Go down

The Historian Empty The Historian

Post by MatthewJames7 Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:15 am

Looking out of her office window, Angela watched as the hundreds of people walking past, they were all going in various different directions, it was the morning hubbub, parents going to work, others bringing their children to school among other things. They looked like ants from where Angela was sitting, though this was not that surprising when she was working on the tenth floor of the local history museum where she worked as a new intern after getting her college history degrees the previous autumn. Angela was fresh off the bat of completing her PHD and was hoping to use her internship as a stepping stone to find herself a more important job within the heritage sector. Angela felt that just being an intern was rather a pain in the teeth, but she had to grin and bear it for the remaining two months of it before she could get a proper full-time job. Angela was a young woman of 25, and was considered extremely beautiful for her age, her long brown hair was comparable to chestnuts, and her blue eyes resembled the colour of the ocean surface. Angela was also very athletic, and her muscular body was due to months and months of time in the gym. Keeping fit was one of Angela's aims in life, she loved the thrill of exercising.

Returning to her work, Angela was focused so much on it that she did not hear her boss Karen walk into the room.

"Angela, could I speak to you for a moment?" 

"Sure." 

"Angela, as you know, we have the exhibition launch tonight, and I need you to promote it as best as you can. Normally I would ask for you to promote it online, but not everyone is familiar with the internet and the like, especially the older folks who have not many technology skills. So, what I'm asking you to do is promote the launch door to door. Though, there is one more thing I forgot to mention, since we are such a renowned museum, I'll need you to look the part while you are going around. That's why I have brought you this three piece tuxedo and a pair of loafers, we have to be seen to be formal in our workplace attire, and I need your help to promote the launch."

Angela was slightly miffed by this request, she had never really worn formalwear before, except for her college graduations, but especially not menswear. She felt it was rather odd that she was being asked to dress like a man just so she could promote an exhibition launch. "Girls don't wear tuxes" Angela thought to herself, she had never worn one, and did not know how to tie a tie or a bow tie.  Knowing that she had to accept Karen's unusual request, Angela sighed, she felt that her talents were being wasted by just being a spokesperson for an exhibition launch, she wanted to be a tour guide or something more important for hands on experience while she was an intern than just being a spokesperson for the museum. She knew that down the line if she ran her own museum there would be promoting launches anyways, but just while she was an intern she felt her talents were being wasted.

Handing Angela the tuxedo, Karen then walked out of the room wishing Angela the best of luck with her promoting. 

Looking at the tuxedo, Angela sighed, it was 1pm, she knew she had to get moving if she wanted to promote the exhibition launch before 7pm when it was scheduled to begin.

Before she stood up from her chair, Angela noticed her best friend Kate knocking on the door. Welcoming Kate in, Angela sat back down and offered Kate the other chair. Looking at the tuxedo, Kate exclaimed, "you too Angela? Karen has been insufferable the last few days, she clearly doesn't care about us interns, and especially having to promote the launch in outlandish attire like these tuxedoes. I get that we're working in a very well known museum, but having to wear tuxedos to promote an event is a bit of a joke. I know Karen is only subbing for Michelle while she's on maternity leave, but as I say, she's been insufferable lately, and now she wants us to do something as ridiculous as this just to promote the launch tonight? Oh well, looks like we've to get the show on the road, this launch isn't going to promote itself. Get changed, and I'll meet you at the car in ten minutes. Don't worry about your bow tie, I'll do it for you when you're finished getting changed. I tied hundreds of them before, so I'm quite skilled in tying them, though you pick it up with three guys in the house with you." 

Watching as Kate walked out of the room, Angela sighed, she knew it was action stations from here and there'd be no time for faffing about. Picking up the tuxedo, Angela walked out of the room and to the nearest bathroom to put on her outlandish attire. "Time to face the music" Angela thought to herself, knowing that she would get some rather peculiar looks from people considering the fact that she would be wearing a tuxedo in public. 

Putting on the tuxedo shirt, despite her uncomfortableness, Angela felt that it was rather soft against her skin, she had never worn shirts before, except during her school years, but that was about it. From seeing guys wearing them, Angela was meticulous about how she would wear it, making sure to button it up to the top, including closing her top button. The trousers were to her exact fitting which was very minor cheer-up, and putting them, they felt rather comfortable around her hips. Just make sure they were nice and snug, Angela took the belt off her jeans and placed it around the waist of her trousers. "Maybe there isn't something so bad about dressing like this after all" Angela pondered. Looking at the waistcoat, Angela could see that it must have been fresh off the shelves from the tailors. Putting it on, as time went by, Angela was slowly beginning to like her new outfit, she believed that it made her look rather classy. The last two pieces of the outfit were the waistcoat and the blazer, and when she had put them on, Angela looked at herself in the mirror, she had gone from casual and shy to classy and confident. There was something rather special about the person in the reflection despite her earlier opinions on the tuxedo. Draping the bow tie over her collar, Angela walked out of the bathroom and made her way to the nearest elevator. As she made her way there, she was inundated with positive comments on her new look which gave her the idea that maybe dressing like this would be a more frequent occurrence in the future. 

When she arrived at the car, she sat in where Kate was waiting for her. "Ok, Angela, time to finish off your new look." With a confident smile on her face, Kate tied Angela's bow tie making sure it was perfectly tied and comfortable against her collar. "Time to get down to work and promote this launch." 

Walking around the nearest housing estate, Angela noticed people staring at her with faces of awe, some were even wolf-whistling at her, and winking. As they made their way around the estate, Angela arrived at the last house in the estate. She was slightly nervous when she noticed it was the house of the principal of her former primary school, Ciara Rose. Knocking on the door, she waited patiently. Upon opening the door and seeing the girl wearing a tuxedo, she exclaimed, "Angela? Wow, you have transformed into an extremely beautiful young woman since I saw you last. It must be what, 12 years ago you graduated from the school? I heard on the grapevine that you were a very hardworking student in both secondary school and college. As your former principal, I am extremely proud of you. I also hear that you're an intern at the museum, though that's definitely only a temporary position, you will thrive in the history sector in a few short years."

"The museum asked me to promote the exhibition launch tonight, and I wanted to know if you would like to attend?"

"I would love to attend it, Angela, and especially to see you again. I'll have to get you a coffee or a drink or something sometime soon and catch up." 

Handing her an invite, Angela hugged her and exclaimed, "see you tonight." Hugging her back, Ciara replied, "looking forward to it, Angela."

After she had left Ciara's house, Angela made her way back to Kate's car while receiving more positive comments from the people of the housing estate as well as the previously mentioned wolf-whistles from some of them. 

"Hmm, maybe I might just start wearing formalwear more often" Angela thought to herself, clearly feeling extremely proud of her own clothing transformation, her newfound confidence, and the many positive comments she had received from the people in the housing estate. Someone had even said that they thought she looked rather sexy in the tuxedo

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

The Historian Empty Re: The Historian

Post by MatthewJames7 Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:00 pm

What do ye think so far?

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by Suitgirl Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:40 am

Very good! I think you should go into more detail about the tuxedo however!
Suitgirl
Suitgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:56 am

Suitgirl wrote:Very good! I think you should go into more detail about the tuxedo however!
Can do

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:56 am

When she was finished promoting the event, Angela decided to make her way back to her apartment.

There was something rather confidence boosting about the tuxedo, it made her feel as if she was on top of the world and nobody could knock her off it even if they tried their best efforts. Angela had never worn a tuxedo before, so it was a slight change in her everyday clothing, but she felt that it could be a more frequent part of her wardrobe. The slacks were nice and comfortable around her waist, and the shirt was buttoned all the way to the top, including her top button. The only time Angela had ever seen women wearing a tuxedo was for theatre shows, but remembering them, she felt quite confident, she had a swagger in her step that she had seemingly never felt before. Looking at her new attire, Angela felt like she was like something from a James Bond movie. "The name's Grace, Angela Grace" she thought to herself. The tuxedo had been made in one of the local tailors and fitted to Angela's exact measurements. The shirt had a nice tight collar, from what she had seen before, Angela disliked the idea of a loose collared shirt, it made the outfit look rather sloppy otherwise. The only time Angela had worn a formal neckwear item was a tie when she was at school, but other than that she had never worn one. There was something rather exhilarating about wearing the tuxedo, it made Angela feel rather special. The fully buttoned shirt was so soft on her skin, and the slacks were secured fastened around her hips with a leather belt. The only thing about the tuxedo that Angela did not like was the fact that she was wearing a pair of black loafers, she preferred wearing heels, a silver pair that she always conveniently kept in Kate's car whenever the occasion arose. Getting into Kate's car, Angela straightened her bow tie, making sure that it was nice and perfect as well as being snug against her collar. Taking off the loafers and her socks, Angela put them in the back seat and took out the pair of silver heels from her clothes bag. "Those loafers give me awful pain in my ankles" Angela exclaimed, Kate nodding in agreement, "same here, the last time I had to wear them I went home the same evening and had to ice my ankles."

Walking back through town towards the museum, Angela and Kate were getting some serious attention, and nearly every person they passed stopped in awe of how well these two young women were dressed. Even Angela's old school rival had to admit she was rather taken aback by the seemingly new looking and amazingly dressed Angela. Spotting her, Angela sighed, she knew this was not going to be a good encounter. 

"Hello Angela, I just came over to voice my opinion on how stunning you look in that tuxedo. Angela, you don't like me which is understandable because of how I treated you in school, but I want to sincerely apologise for my behaviour over the years. I was young and immature, and I wish to make amends for my actions. I don't expect you to instantly forgive me, but is there a way I can start?" 

Pondering it for a moment, Angela replied, "You don't need a way to start, Ciara, I forgive you, this silly school feud of ours is in the past, and we are both young women, not schoolgirls anymore. 
Truce?"

Shaking hands, Ciara replied, "truce." 

"Ciara, before I go, I was just wondering, my boss said I could bring along a date with me tonight, and I was wondering if you would like to come as my date, no strings attached. You are free to say no if you wish, I just thought it would be a nice way to start our new friendship."

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:02 am

Should Ciara accept Angela's offer to go to the launch as her date? 

I'm thinking if so, this plants seeds of jealousy in Kate's mind that Angela is now friends with her old school rival, and going as her date, instead of Kate and Angela going in a working capacity

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:08 am

Suitgirl said she'd email me some stuff that she had written for it, and I'm extremely excited to see what she puts in

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:38 pm

"You want me to go to the launch with you?" Ciara said looking at the invitation contemplating the thought. She knew deep down that she really wanted to go

"Yes, I would love to bring you as my date." Angela replied. The funny thing is Angela had always wanted to be with Ciara even though she used to relentlessly bully her, there was something oddly attractive about it.

For a moment Ciara ponders and then brightens up, "Sure I'll go. Will you be dressed like that at the event?" She asked.
"I will indeed be dressed in this tuxedo." Replied Angela.
"Great see you there!" Ciara waves Angela and Kate off as they walk away.

Walking back towards the museum Kate turns to Angela. "Angela, what the hell was that? That's your high school bully!" She says in a visibly disappointed manner.
"Relax Kate, it'll be a great way to restart, who knows, she may even be a great person." Angela says as they make their way to the museum early to prepare.

As they enter the main hall Karen walks up to them holding two pairs of white gloves. "Ah good you're on time, take these and put them on you'll be wearing them tonight."

Last edited by MatthewJames7 on Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:38 pm

Thanks Suitgirl, that is really good stuff

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:34 pm

Looking around the room, Angela was trying to spot Ciara among the crowd of people, there was at least two or three hundred people there so it was hard to get an eagle eyed view of the room. The feeling that Ciara had stood her up was beginning to enter Angela's mind, but her anxieties were put to rest when she spotted Ciara walking into the room. Seeing this beautiful young woman, despite the fact she had been bullied by her relentlessly over the school years, brought a smile to Angela's face. She knew that deep down she wanted to be with Ciara despite being her favourite bullying victim several years ago.  There was something about Ciara that Angela found oddly attractive despite the rivalry between them when they were in school. Ciara was wearing a navy three piece suit and a red tie with matching open toed heels and a silver clutch in her left hand. She had obviously been to a stylist earlier in the day because her hair was styled into rather flirty curls. Her tie was in a double Windsor knot which was Angela's favourite tie knot

"Wow, Ciara, you look absolutely gorgeous, I'm really delighted that you accepted my date invitation for tonight." Clearly jealous, Kate walked away from Angela to talk to some of the other people in the room, it was clear as crystal that she was not too happy with Angela and Ciara's new friendship. Kate knew that this was the final straw and that she would make Angela decide where her loyalties lay, because she was not going to share her friendship with anyone. 

This was completely ignored by Angela who was mingling with the other guests, some of them were even asking her about her tuxedo, and telling her how fantastic she looked. With each passing second, Kate was getting more and more furious, Angela had tossed her aside for some girl who had spent the entirety of their school years bullying her.

Walking over to where Angela was standing, she took Angela by the hand and moved to another part of the room that was not so occupied. This was the moment of truth for Kate, she wanted to know whether Angela valued their friendship, or whether she was going to throw it all away for someone else. 

"Angela, I've taken about as much of this as I can. You and I have been friends for 12 years, Ciara bullied you in school for years on end, and now you are standing arm in arm with her? It's me or her, take your pick." 

"I pick Ciara." 

Standing back with a stunned look on her face, Kate exclaimed loudly, attracting the attention of the entire room, "excuse me Angela? You pick her over me?" 

"Kate, keep your voice down, don't do something you will regret."

"I don't and won't regret anything." 

As a passing waitress walked by with a tray of glasses of champagne in her hand, Kate took one and hurled it in Angela's face. 

"You little two faced traitor, Angela. I trusted you for years, and this is how you repay me? By turning your back on me for Ciara?

This raised the shock of the other guests, and especially Karen.

"Kate, this is the final straw. Give back the tuxedo, get changed into your regular clothes and leave immediately, you have made a mockery of this launch, and of me. You have embarrassed me tonight, you knew how important this launch was, and you had to go and pull a stupid stunt like this just because you were jealous of Angela and Ciara? Get out of my sight this instant! Angela, I am so sorry, I must make it up to you some way or another."

Running out of the room with tears rolling down her cheeks, Angela felt embarrassed about how the situation had panned out with Kate, she knew that Kate would be rather uncomfortable with the fact that Angela was bringing her former school bully as her date to an important exhibition launch, but Kate throwing a glass of champagne in her face was a whole different thing altogether. Going into the bathroom, Angela walked into one of the cubicles and locked it behind her, she could not face anyone at the launch, it was too embarrassing for her. Wondering where Angela had disappeared to, Ciara went around the floor that the launch was being held on, it was not like Angela to just disappear into thin air. Deducing that she was in the bathroom, Ciara ran as fast as she could, though this was not helping her when one took into account that she was wearing a pair of open toed heels. 

"Angela? You in here? Angela?" 

"Go away" the voice behind the cubicle replied. 

"Angela, there's no need to be embarrassed by what happened. It was not your fault that Kate lashed out in such a way. Please come out Angela, and we can talk it over, Karen said you can come back into the launch when you feel like it." 

"She embarrassed me in front of all those people there, even the new mayoress was there. I can't show my face in public again." 

"Angela, don't be silly. Come on out and we can find a room to chat with each other." 

Reluctantly, Angela unlocked the door of the the cubicle and walked out. Her makeup was smeared on her face from her tears, but she still looked quite pretty in her tuxedo. Standing in front of Angela, Ciara tenderly adjusted Angela's bow tie to her liking, "I am actually a little jealous of how immaculately dressed you are in that tuxedo, Angela, you look absolutely beautiful, you could play a spy in a movie just by how you are dressed right now." 

Wiping the last of the smudged makeup, Angela looked at the rather attractive young woman in the mirror, there was something rather special about having the privilege of being so perfectly dressed, her confidence was stronger than ever when she was wearing the tuxedo. 

Walking out of the bathroom with Ciara, Angela bumped into the newly elected mayoress who seemed rather interested in Angela. 

"You must be the famous Angela, I am Carrie Michelle, the new mayoress of this city, but you already know that. Anyways, that's enough about me. Karen has told me quite a lot about you, and how you are quite the precocious young woman, and that you have a political degree alongside your history degree, and that you got top marks in college in your political studies. I am looking for a new protégé, and from what Karen has told me about you, I think you would make a great protégé. You are gifted beyond your years, and you just seem to instantly click with people, these are gifts that I think could help to launch your future in politics."

Pondering, this was something that Angela could do, it was her lifelong dream to be in a political position, as well as being a historian. 

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum