Shirt and Tie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The boardroom battle ⚔️

Go down

The boardroom battle ⚔️  Empty The boardroom battle ⚔️

Post by MatthewJames7 Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:44 am

Susana Rivers was a force to be reckoned with. Standing at an imposing height with sharp features and an unapologetic gaze, she radiated confidence and authority that commanded attention. Her wardrobe, a meticulous collection of tailored dresses, was the armour she donned daily. Yet, beneath the steely exterior, a motherly heart beat, one that navigated the complexities of her life with determination and grace.
As the first rays of dawn broke through her bedroom window, Susana Rivers rose with a sense of purpose. Her morning routine was a well-choreographed dance of efficiency. The hot shower cascaded over her, awakening her senses, before she wrapped herself in a plush, white bathrobe. Descending the stairs, the aroma of freshly brewed coffee greeted her, a comforting companion to her bustling morning.

Breakfast was a solitary affair. A slice of toast, a few scrambled eggs, and a side of fruit, consumed with quiet focus. The newspaper lay spread before her, its headlines just one of many challenges awaiting her that day. With breakfast complete, Susana retreated to her closet, which was a treasure trove of meticulously organized dresses, shirts, and accessories. It was a wardrobe filled with an array of colors and styles, reflecting the diversity of occasions she encountered in her daily life. But today was different. Today, she was venturing into uncharted territory. Amongst the dresses, she spotted a suit and tie, neatly hung and waiting. It was the first time she considered donning such attire, a departure from her usual choices. 

After she got dressed, Susana stood before the mirror, her reflection illuminated by the soft morning light filtering through the curtains. She wore a pristine white shirt that clung elegantly to her figure, emphasising her grace and confidence. Her fingers, steady and deliberate, moved with practiced ease as she slipped into the tailored charcoal-gray trousers that accentuated her long legs.
Next came the defining moment—the crisp blazer, perfectly structured to mold to her shoulders and cinch at the waist. She fastened the buttons with a purposeful finesse, completing the transformation. But the pièce de résistance was yet to come—the tie.
She selected a deep burgundy tie, the color contrasting beautifully with the muted tones of her attire. Susana's hands expertly looped it around her collar, a ritual she had seldom performed. Her reflection in the mirror revealed a different woman—a powerful and assertive version of herself. As she meticulously tied the knot, it became evident that this was more than just a fashion choice; it was a statement of intent.

The tie was her symbol of authority, a tangible reminder of her capabilities. She adjusted it to perfection, the final touch to her ensemble. In that moment, Susana was ready to step into a world of challenges, proving that she belonged in the boardroom, ready to command respect and make her mark.

With the tie in hand, Susana's fingers deftly maneuvered it into a perfect knot. Just as she was adjusting it to her satisfaction, her daughter's curious voice interrupted the morning tranquility.

"What's with the tie?" her daughter inquired, her eyes wide with surprise as she stood in the doorway of Susana's bedroom. After Emma's daughter, Isabelle, questioned her about the tie, Emma responded with her plans for the day, hoping to avoid too much discussion about her change in attire. She then turned her attention to her elder daughter, Michelle, who had walked in during their conversation.
As Michelle complimented her mother's tie choice, Susana's smile widened, and she replied, "Thank you, Michelle. You're so kind, and your uniform is exemplary. Isabelle, you could learn something from your sister." Emma's tone was gentle but carried a hint of playful teasing.
Isabelle, never one to back down from a challenge, offered a sarcastic remark in response. However, Michelle, always the more diplomatic of the two, quickly intervened. She spoke with authority, addressing her younger sister firmly. "Izzy! You will stop behaving like a little brat and do as Mum says, and there shall be no more about it."

Susana watched as Isabelle grudgingly made her way downstairs, her mother's words finally making an impact. Turning her attention back to Michelle, Susana stood before her daughter, straightening the burgundy tie she had just adjusted herself.
With a tone of genuine pride and affection, Susana said, "You are going to be a wonderful head girl this year, petal. I am extremely proud of you, and slightly jealous. I say that in jest because I wasn't head girl when I was your age."
The mother-daughter bond strengthened with each passing moment, and Susana knew that Michelle was more than capable of carrying the torch of responsibility in her new role. The admiration and affection between them were palpable, a testament to the love and support that defined their relationship. 

MatthewJames7

Evol likes this post

Back to top Go down

The boardroom battle ⚔️  Empty Re: The boardroom battle ⚔️

Post by MatthewJames7 Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:13 am

Susana's son, who worked for the same company as her, was a source of pride and joy in her life. He complimented her on her suit and tie, and she couldn't help but smile at his kind words. "Thank you, sweetie," she replied, her voice filled with warmth. "And you look so handsome; you are the spitting image of your dad, and he will always be very proud of you. Not a day goes by that I don't miss him. The day he died, I lost my soulmate, and that's why I have not remarried since, though I feel like he'd think I'm being unfaithful to him."\

Her son sat down on the foot of the bed, took her hand, and looked into her eyes with genuine affection. "Mum," he said earnestly, "he wouldn't think that at all. He would want you to be happy in every way possible. Robbie is a wonderful guy, and if he wants to marry you, Dad will be delighted to see you happy again." 

They then saw Robbie's limo pull up outside the house, and Susana exclaimed, "let's get going, guys, Robbie is here." When they walked out, Robbie got out of the car, kissed Susana, and exclaims, "hello, my darling. You look wonderful, and Michelle, congratulations on your new position as the school's head girl. Isabelle, we are not going to have any trouble this morning, like the last time I was here. You shall behave yourself in front of your mother, and someday I will be your new father, and you shall not cross me, is that understood?" Isabelle nodded without saying a word, and then Susana, looking at Isabelle with a stern look on her face, said, "that's right, Isabelle. You shall start acting like a mature young woman. Julian, pleasure to finally meet you; your mother speaks very highly of you, and that you are the apple of her eye." And Julian replies, "she's being too humble, and likewise, it's a pleasure to meet you too, Robbie."

When they pulled up outside Michelle and Isabelle's school, Isabelle and Michelle got out. After Susana, Julian, and Robbie left, Robbie said, "the day we get married, Susana, is the day we ship that brat Isabelle off to boarding school." Susana exclaimed "you are so right, Robbie." Julian nodded, "I agree. Isabelle needs to be taught discipline and respect."
Upon arriving at the company building, Julian walked inside after being told by Susana to go in ahead of her. She wanted a minute alone with Robbie to chat. As they stand there chatting, Susana's voice takes on a flirty tone, and she reached out to touch Robbie's tie, saying, "this tie just screams for a Windsor knot. I just go weak in the knees for men wearing a tie."

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:55 am

When Susana and Robbie walked into the company building, they were greeted by Susana's personal assistant, Caroline. Susana turned to Caroline and said, "Caroline, you are working for one of the most respected businesswomen in the city, and I expect you to be properly dressed. Go and put on a tie, and meet me in the boardroom. I have some important matters to discuss with the other executives, and I want you in attendance. I've been working on the latest campaign for the company, and I believe it will be the beginning of my ascension to CEO." 

Susana looked at her watch and exclaimed, "I'd better make my way to the boardroom. Robbie, darling, is my tie okay?" He nodded and said, "it's perfect." Upon arriving at the boardroom, she was greeted by the CEO. "Ah, Susana, welcome. I'm looking forward to seeing your new campaign for the company, and provided it goes well, this could be the campaign to launch your career here even further."

Before Susana could begin discussing her campaign, John, one of the attendees, stood up and expressed his concerns. "Emilia, how can you accept this? Susana is coming in here dressed like a man, and you're tolerating it?" Emilia responded firmly, "Get with the times, John. Susana, you may begin."
Susana began presenting her campaign to the other executives, outlining its innovative features and potential market impact. As she spoke, some of the executives couldn't help but voice their concerns. "Your idea is good, Susana," one of them started, "but it will cost the company millions to manufacture it, not to mention the additional expenses like shipping and taxes. It's promising, but the finances seem unaffordable."
Emilia, one of the senior executives, leaned forward and addressed Susana. "I'm sorry to say this, Susana," she began, "but I have to agree with the others. It's an ambitious idea, but it appears to be too expensive for us to pursue."

Susana had listened attentively to the feedback from the other executives, taking their concerns into consideration. She had nodded thoughtfully and then replied, "I appreciate your input, and I understand your concerns about the cost. However, I had done a detailed analysis, and I believed we could find ways to streamline production, optimize logistics, and secure favorable deals with suppliers. This project had the potential to revolutionize our market presence and significantly boost our profits in the long run. If we didn't take calculated risks, we might have missed out on a golden opportunity. I was willing to work closely with the finance team to create a feasible budget and timeline for this campaign. Together, we could make it work and ensure the company's success." 
John raised his voice, frustration evident in his tone. "Didn't you just hear Emilia, Susana? We simply don't have the finances for your ridiculous idea."

Susana's voice carried a hint of frustration as she responded, "I did actually, John. But I can find a feasible way to make it work. You're just trying to make yourself feel superior because you see me as a threat to your chances of becoming the new CEO when Emilia retires. You're pathetic." Emilia interjected, "Okay, everyone, let's not let things get even more heated." She continued, "You are both very viable candidates for my position when I retire, but it will take a lot of hard work and dedication if you are the one to succeed me." John straightened his tie, thinking, "That position is as good as mine. Emilia is too soft as a CEO; it needs an iron-fisted leader who is not afraid to utilize their authority to the fullest."

After about an hour, Emilia declared that they should take a lunch break. As they walked out of the boardroom, John approached Susana. He whispered, "The minute I am named CEO, your job at this company will be under serious pressure. Next time, don't wear a tie to our boardroom meetings; it's not ladylike." He then fixed her tie, added, "Good luck, you'll need it," and walked away with a smug expression on his face.

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:21 am

They returned for the meeting, and John stood up, addressing everyone, "I would like to voice my opposition to Susana's campaign. It's financially impossible, and I believe she's using it as a ploy to secure the CEO position and sabotage my chances. I've been working here for twenty-five years compared to her ten, so I believe I'm the more suitable candidate."
Susana, her voice unwavering, stood up in response, "You're just power-hungry and self-centered, John. You only want the job so you can brag about it to anyone who will listen." The tension in the room was palpable as the two executives clashed over their ambitions and the future of the company. 
Emilia interjected, her voice calm yet authoritative, "And who says I'll be naming one of you two as my successor as CEO?" Her statement hung in the air, causing John and Susana to exchange uncertain glances. The dynamics of their power struggle had suddenly shifted, leaving both of them with uncertain prospects for the future.

As the meeting concluded, Susana exited the boardroom, leaving behind the tension that had filled the air. John couldn't resist a parting shot, his voice dripping with condescension, "As I said earlier, once I'm named CEO, your job here will be practically nonexistent. I think I'll name Julian as my deputy CEO just to add insult to injury. You know the saying, Susana, every rose has its thorn." His words hung in the corridor, a final salvo in their ongoing battle for power. 

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:00 am

Before she could respond, John was greeted by his daughter Catherine, who was elegantly dressed in a Gucci couture suit. John complimented her appearance, and they left for their dinner date, leaving Susana to ponder her next move in their ongoing power struggle.

Susana couldn't help but vent her frustrations to Emilia as they left the boardroom. "That man is a pain in the teeth," she remarked, clearly exasperated. "Are you seriously considering him as CEO?" Emilia responded with a thoughtful expression, "I haven't decided who it will be yet, Susana. But I must admit, I do like the look of Catherine. She appears to be someone who could take this company to new heights."

As they walked through the corridor, the future of the company hung in the balance, with Susana and John both vying for the coveted position of CEO, and Catherine emerging as an unexpected contender in the power struggle. As they reached the end of the corridor, Emilia stopped Susana with a gentle hand on her arm. "I couldn't help but notice the interaction between you and John during the lunch break," she began, choosing her words carefully. "I have to agree with him slightly, Susana. Maybe it would be best if you didn't wear a tie to the next meeting; it's not exactly a ladylike attire."
Susana, surprised by Emilia's comment, nodded thoughtfully. "I'll consider it, Emilia. Thank you for your feedback." With that, she continued down the corridor, her mind now occupied with thoughts of strategy, leadership, and how best to secure her future at the company. 

Susana, still harboring her feelings of insult from the recent meeting, sighed internally but managed a composed response. "Isabelle, I've told you before, this is a very busy company, and I have a lot of work to get done. I don't have time for idle chitchat. However, there's a spare desk in my office where you can do your homework, but I need you to do it quietly, and absolutely no music."

Isabelle, looking a bit disappointed but understanding, nodded and followed Susana to her office. As they entered, she settled down at the spare desk, and Susana returned to her work, determined to prove her worth in a corporate world that was often unkind to women who dared to stand out. 
Susana continued to work diligently, her attention focused on the reports and documents scattered across her desk. As she typed away on her computer, she occasionally glanced over at Isabelle, who seemed to be quietly working on her school assignments.

After a while, Isabelle looked up, and Susana could tell she wanted to say something. Anticipating her daughter's question, Susana interjected, "Izzy, I said keep quiet. I'm very busy right now. If you get hungry or need to use the restroom, feel free to go, but return promptly and work quietly." She gave Isabelle a stern look to emphasise the importance of maintaining a quiet workspace. 

Susana noticed Emilia approaching her office. She quickly turned her attention to Isabelle and said in a hushed tone, "Izzy, close your top button and fix your tie. My boss is coming, and I want you looking the part when she's here." She flashed a brief, encouraging smile at her daughter, hoping Isabelle would heed her advice and make a good impression in front of the CEO.

Isabelle promptly followed her mother's instructions, adjusting her tie and closing her top button just as Emilia approached. Susana stood and placed her hands on Isabelle's shoulders as she introduced her daughter to the CEO.
Emilia greeted Isabelle warmly, "Pleasure to meet you, Isabelle."

Susana listened attentively as Emilia began discussing the financial aspects of her campaign. When Emilia offered an apology for her earlier comments about the tie, Susana nodded graciously, "Thank you, Emilia. I appreciate your understanding. And I'm delighted to hear that the campaign is getting serious consideration. I'll make sure it's a success for the company."

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:11 am

Turning to Isabelle, Emilia said, "your mother speaks very highly of you Isabelle, and I see vast potential in you. Maybe someday you'll become a businesswoman like her." Isabelle replies, "probably likely." Then when Julian and Robbie arrived, Isabelle walked away to use the loo, and Robbie said "she is going to get some wake up call when you and I get married, and the minute we say I do, I'm shipping her off to boarding school, I will not have her making a mockery out of me." Susana then exclaims, "Robbie, darling, you are extremely cold-hearted, but I love it."

Their conversation continued as they discussed business matters and the possible future of Susana's campaign. 

Susana loosened her tie, saying, "when she comes back we're going home. We're dropping her off at a friend's house, and Julian has a meeting, so we have the house to ourself. When we get home, we will make an evening of it, dinner, wine, and then perhaps a movie. I'll even wear the new tuxedo you bought for me." 

Robbie's eyes lit up at the prospect of an evening alone with Susana. He leaned closer and murmured, "That sounds absolutely delightful, my dear. A private evening at home with you is always a treat, especially when you're in that tuxedo."

As they continued to plan their evening together, the anticipation of what lay ahead brought a twinkle to both of their eyes.

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum