Shirt and Tie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Law and Order Part 2

Go down

Law and Order Part 2 Empty Law and Order Part 2

Post by MatthewJames7 Mon May 25, 2020 1:51 am

Tina arrived home that evening and sat down in an armchair and took a deep breath. Loosening her tie, she turned on the TV and flicked onto the news where they were talking about educational reforms and other things. She stood back up and walked over to the fridge and poured herself a glass of wine. Tina could hear a car pulling up, and Karen walked in and sat down on the couch next to her. Tina smiled and exclaimed, “Hey, how was the first day back at school? Not too hectic I suppose?” and Karen replied, “quite the opposite in fact Tina, I had to correct several students for not wearing their ties properly. I strongly dislike it when students do not have their uniform buttons done all the way up to the top button and their tie pushed up to the top. It does not give off a good image especially for the older students, they need to be role models for the younger students, and I think their uniform is the priority. I, as headmistress, want my students to be proud to represent their school and to look smart when doing so.” Karen poured herself a glass of wine as well and Tina replied, “the joys of being headmistress I suppose.” Karen laughed at this and nodded. She turned to Tina when suddenly Tina’s phone rang. Picking it up, Tina answered the call and a voice was heard on the other side. “Hello Tina, it’s Catalina Fernandez, I was just ringing to let you know you’ve got the job, I’ll see you first thing in the morning.” Tina smiled with delight and replied, “Catalina, thank you so much, see you then, bye.” Karen looked at her with bemusement and Tina winked at her with a new-found gleam in her eye, signifying she got the job.

The next morning Tina woke up and rubbed her eyes. Walking over to the wardrobe, she picked a cream-colored suit and a blue necktie and got dressed. Karen then woke up and walked into the room and exclaimed, “love the suit, Tina, the blue really matches your eyes. Then Karen got dressed and put on a pinstripe skirt suit and Tina placed a tie around Karen’s neck and exclaimed, “the piece de resistance, like my sister, said, the mark of a good headmistress is that she is also seen to be appropriately dressed.” They walked downstairs and Karen exclaimed, “you’re right Tina, I should embrace the idea of wearing a suit and tie to work.” They quickly ate their breakfasts and they drove off to their respective jobs. Upon arrival at the law firm, Tina got into the elevator when Catalina followed her in. Catalina smiled and said to Tina, “good morning Tina, I’m looking forward to what you bring to the team. Also, in response to how you were dressed yesterday for the interview, I am implementing new measures in the office regarding the dress code.” Tina smiled and the elevator doors opened, and they walked out and down the corridor. Reaching the main area, Catalina spoke up and exclaimed, “good morning everyone, I would like to make a very brief announcement. It has come to my attention that some staff members are not fully appropriately dressed, and as a result, I am enforcing a new measure. From Monday onwards, everyone shall arrive to work in a suit and upon arrival, you will each be given our new company tie. The tie is to be pushed up to the top with the top button closed at all times, anyone not in compliance with this new measure shall be reprimanded, and if it is a recurring issue, that employee shall be removed from their job immediately. I expect everyone to be dressed in a professional manner.”

Meanwhile, at the school, Karen was sitting at her desk writing emails when there was a knock at her office door and she exclaimed, “come in.” The door opened and a tall, slim, girl with blonde curled hair like that of Marilyn Monroe, walked in. Karen looked up from her computer and exclaimed, “Sarah, how may I help you this morning?” and she replied adamantly, “the students have all completed their uniform checks headmistress, there were 25 students not in compliance.” Karen shook her head with disappointment and stood up from her desk. “Sarah, you are one of the top students in this school, you always come to school every morning with your uniform in an immaculate fashion, top button closed and tie pushed up to the top and your grades are excellent, I know I made the right choice in picking you to be the head girl and not just because you are my niece, I don’t believe in favoritism. It is always good to talk to you sweetheart, you really were the apple of your father’s eye, in 17 years not a day has passed by when your mother doesn’t miss him.” 

Suddenly the bell to signify the start of the school day rang out and Sarah exclaimed, “got to go, can’t have the head girl late.” Karen hugged her and replied, “I’m very proud of you Sarah.” Sarah walked out of the office and Karen sat back down at her desk and resumed writing her emails. Before long, two hours had passed and it was time for the 11:00 o’clock tea break. Karen got up and walked out of her office. Strolling down the corridor a girl passed her and Karen held out her hand to signify to her to stop. The girl stopped and Karen exclaimed, “Michelle, where is your tie?” and Michelle replied anxiously, I’m wearing it, Miss.” Karen looked at her with disapproval and Michelle gulped. “Michelle, fix your uniform and tie this instant, I will not have my students wearing their uniform in such a manner.” Amber, one of the prefects, passed by and Karen looked to Michelle and exclaimed, “Amber here, look at how she wears her uniform, perfect as always, a model student.” Amber smiled at her headmistress’ praise and continued walking down the corridor. Michelle fixed her uniform and Karen smiled with approval. “I hope this will not be a regular occurrence, Michelle.” Michelle nodded and Karen sent her on her way. 

Walking down the corridor and into the school canteen, Karen sat down at the table designated for the teachers and another teacher sat down as well. Karen sighed and the other teacher exclaimed, “bad day Karen?” and Karen nodded her head and replied, “Yes, it’s just one of those days Gail, where everything seems to be piling up on top of you, plus I’ve got to help plan my grandmother’s ninety-ninth birthday which is on Saturday week, and then I’ve to arrange my flight over to Porto for my sister’s wedding in January. Sarah's mum is getting remarried to a girl she met when she was in Brazil last summer.” Gail looked at her and replied, “I know the feeling Karen, Megan’s twenty-first birthday is next Friday, I'd love if you and Sarah would come and I’m planning a surprise party for her, but that’s not what’s bothering me, I’ve got a court appointment tomorrow morning to finalize my divorce. Karen, would you do me a massive favor, would you mind taking my classes for the day?” and Karen looked at her and replied, “sure, I'll cover, no problem, and I'll tell Sarah about the party.”

Meanwhile back at the law firm, Tina was sitting in her office working when Catalina walked in, sat down in a chair, and exclaimed proudly, “Tina, I am delighted to have you here as part of our team, you like me have the advantage of youth on our side, you have high levels of experience in the law market and you will be an important asset to this firm for years to come. Even Melanie thinks so and she is the founder of this law firm and before I asked you here for the interview, Melanie read your application and it showed stellar work ethic and performance.”

Karen was back in her office perusing through various emails, though one caught her eye. It was from the board of directors, and it read that from the following week onwards they were introducing mandatory school blazers for the students, and the prefects and the head girl would all receive a different prefects blazer. Before she knew it, the school day was over and Sarah walked into the office. Karen looked to her and Sarah exclaimed, “Aunt Karen, Mum rang to say she’ll be staying late at work tonight and won’t be finished until 10:00, so she asked me if it would be all right to stay over at yours until she finishes work.” 

Karen smiled, loosened her tie a bit, and replied, “sweetheart, of course, you can, you know you are always welcome to stay over, you never have to ask, there’s a spare bed if you want to stay the night and I can bring you in tomorrow morning, I’m making tagliatelle tonight, I know it’s your favorite.” Sarah smiled and Karen exclaimed, “right, let’s go kiddo, we’ve to go shopping on the way home, I’m running low on milk.” They walked out of the office and out the front door and sat into Karen’s car. Karen took off her tie and opened her top two buttons. Eventually, they arrived at the shopping center and they walked inside. Perusing the aisles, Karen passed a familiar face who turned to her and she exclaimed, “Amelia, how nice to see you.” 

Amelia looked to her, smiled, and exclaimed, “you too Karen, and who’s this lovely young woman, your daughter?” and Karen chuckled, “no, she’s my nineteen-year-old niece Sarah, her mother is my sister. Sarah is the apple of my eye, and she’s a top student in school.” Amelia rubbed her eyes and suddenly her phone rang. She turned to Karen and exclaimed, “pardon me, I’ve to take this call, nice chatting to you Karen.” She walked away and Sarah enquired, “who was that Aunt Karen?” and Karen replied, “an old school acquaintance, I don’t really like her that much, she was always a bit snotty to everyone except the teachers, anytime she saw the teachers coming she’d put on this phony gentle and caring manner and try to be as helpful as possible but the minute they were gone she would drop the charade and go back to her usual manner. Most of us thought she was a selfish git, but she had a group of friends who idolized her and were rarely seen out of her company. Anyways we’d better get a move on or we will be here chatting all day.” They walked around the various aisles and picked up their groceries. 

After paying for them at the till they walked back outside and got into the car. Driving home Sarah looked to Karen and enquired, “Karen, when did you find out you liked girls?” and Karen replied, “Ooh, that is a good question, but I’d say it was when I was seventeen and I had the hots for this girl in my year in school and she had the hots for me and so we began a relationship. It lasted for about a year; we broke up after that, but we keep in contact quite often and we sometimes meet for coffee. Why do you ask?” and Sarah replied, “well I’ve always thought Juliana is very pretty and I know she’s had previous girlfriends, so I think I have a shot with her.” They eventually reached the house and walked inside. 

Changing into their casual clothes, they sat down on the couch and they resumed the conversation. “Sarah, I think you’ve more than a shot, Juliana is both very pretty and very sweet. She is the perfect match for you. Ask her to sit with you tomorrow at lunch and tell her how you feel, be honest, and the number one rule of asking someone out, always be yourself.” Sarah nodded and jotted down these instructions on a notepad. At that moment, the front door opened, and Tina walked into the kitchen and sat down. Glancing over, she exclaimed, “Sarah, sorry I didn’t see you there.” Tina loosened her tie and watched as Karen opened the fridge. “Tina, I’m having a glass of wine, do you want one? Sarah, do you want one?” and Sarah replied, “No, I’m fine thanks Aunt Karen, but thank you for the offer.” Pouring the wine, Karen took a notepad and wrote down several things she had to do the next day. Tina turned to Sarah and exclaimed, “How’s school going for you Sarah?” and Sarah replied, “it’s ok, I was telling Aunt Karen that I’ve got a crush on one of my fellow prefects.” They chatted away nearly all evening.

The next day at school, Sarah walking to her locker when Juliana started walking beside her and exclaimed, “Sarah, can we sit together at lunch? I’ve something I want to ask you.” Sarah turned to her and replied, “I was actually going to ask you, but sure that suits.” Eventually, lunchtime arrived and Sarah and Juliana walked into the canteen and sat down at an empty table and Juliana exclaimed, “Sarah, I’ll be honest with you, I’ve been meaning to tell you this for a while, I think you’re very pretty and kind, and I recently started developing feelings for you” and Sarah replied, “That’s what I was going to tell you, Juliana, you’re kind and beautiful and no-one makes me happier than you do. Would you like to go out with me?” and Juliana replied, “yes, without question or doubt, I would like to be your girlfriend.” They smiled with pride and sat eating their lunch and chatting. At that moment Karen walked by and stopped at their table. Turning to Sarah, she exclaimed, “how did it go Sarah?” and Sarah replied, “it went really well Aunt Karen”. Karen looked at her with a look of uncertainty, “Sarah, what did I say before? You can call me Karen outside of school, but in school, you call me Ms. Leigh. I don’t want people to think I’m showing favoritism towards you because you are my niece, but congratulations sweetheart on the relationship. I need you two free on Saturday night, cause I’ve got a celebratory surprise for you both.”  

They both nodded and Karen smiled. Resuming her walk around the canteen, Karen passed a table where four girls were all sitting together laughing and chatting. Karen stopped abruptly and looked to them disapprovingly and went, “ahem.” The girls immediately looked up from the conversation and Karen exclaimed, “girls, I hate to interrupt your little get-together, but I am not satisfied with your uniform standards.” She looked at one girl in particular and exclaimed, “Emma, I am looking at yours in particular, your sisters are prefects and I don’t think they’d be too pleased to see your uniform in this standard, Anna-May and Charlie would be disappointed in you. They’ve been two of the best students in this school for the last five years and I would like to think in just a couple of years you could be on the same level as them, if not better.” 

The three other girls sniggered, and Karen turned to them. “Girls, I don’t know what you find even remotely funny about this, yours are worse, fix those ties and close your top buttons this instant. Emma, may I have a word?” Emma nodded and they walked outside. Karen turned to her and exclaimed, “Emma, your family has been coming to this school for the last five generations and they’ve left a very noticeable legacy, now Charlize and Anna-May are prefects, but that being said, they’re graduating at the end of the year, and I think that you have the potential to surpass them and become the head girl when the time comes. You have excellent grades like them, and you really care for your fellow students. You keep it up and I think you have a very good chance of becoming the head girl.” 

Emma pushed up her tie and closed her top button and replied, “you’re right Ms. Leigh, the head girl and prefects should wear their uniforms in a smart fashion and be role models to their fellow students.” Karen smiled adamantly and exclaimed, “that’s very mature of you Emma, now go back to your friends.” Emma nodded and returned to her friends. One of them noticed Emma with shock and looked at her and exclaimed, “Emma, what are you doing? You’re not seriously going to listen to what Ms. Leigh said are you?” and Emma replied, “yes I am, she told me something that has inspired me to change my ways.” At that moment, the bell rang to signify the end of lunch and everyone walked out of the canteen. Emma walked down the corridor and passed Anna-May who exclaimed, “Emma, your uniform is looking a lot better, I hope you didn’t get into trouble with Ms. Leigh, you know full well she’s a stickler for uniform standards.” Emma's new-found confidence was there for everyone to see, Karen's sage-like advice still rolling around in her head. She looked at Anna-May and simply said, "Ms. Leigh gave me a little pep talk which has really helped me to change my ways. I can't tell you what she said but it sure was motivational, anyway, I'd better head to class."

Back at the law firm, Tina was working hard when someone knocked on her door and walked in. The figure exclaimed, “Tina, hi I’m Catherine, I was passing and I just said I’d stop by and introduce myself. I think it’s wonderful that Catalina is introducing the new guidelines. I love wearing suits and ties to work. Of course, everyone thinks I’m weird for it” and Tina replied, “Catherine, don’t mind them, you wear what you feel comfortable in.”

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Law and Order Part 2 Empty Re: Law and Order Part 2

Post by MatthewJames7 Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:44 am

Catherine smiled at this praise of her attire, her choice of clothing very rarely had people commenting her on it, more so they were asking why she was wearing a suit, and especially a tie. She was often told ties weren't a feminine choice of clothing which caused some people to question her gender to which Catherine would reply with a cold comment as if she did not care in the slightest about their opinions. Eventually, they finished work and got into the elevator when a cruel co-worker joined them. She looked at them and exclaimed, "what do both of you get out of wearing ties? It's not feminine for a woman to wear ties. It has an androgynous or cross-dressing look about it." Tina looked at her with disgust and replied, "what's wrong with that Alanna? It's the twenty-first century, not the middle ages. My goddaughter Susana in America, she does it all the time for acting roles, and in general day to day life and she doesn't care what anyone else thinks." Alanna scowled, knowing she had been outmatched, two to one.

Meanwhile, back at the school, it was time for afternoon lunch. Emma walked down the corridor when her friends passed her, and one exclaimed, "still listening to Ms. Leigh, are we, Emma? Only losers wear their top button closed and their tie pushed up to the top. I thought we all became friends so that we could choose our own rules." Another one spoke and exclaimed, "Emma you are a fool, and Ms. Leigh is an idiotic headmistress who doesn't know the first thing about teaching or being a headmistress. Sarah, on the other hand, she's only the head girl because of the fact that Ms. Leigh is her aunt and she's her favorite student." She glared at Emma with rage, and poured her lukewarm coffee in Emma's face, her shirt, and her tie covered in coffee stains. Emma looked down at her uniform and cried, "my shirt and my tie. They're covered in coffee." The girls all erupted in fits of laughter and started mocking Emma, "my tie, my tie." Emma could feel tears in her eyes due to the disgusting behavior of her so-called friends

Suddenly Sarah appeared and exclaimed, "Girls, I heard your scathing remarks, and this coffee incident, you will all report to the headmistress' office." They walked down the corridor and eventually, they arrived outside Karen's door. Sarah walked in and explained the whole situation. Karen turned to Sarah, exclaimed, "thank you, sweetheart, I'll see you and Juliana tomorrow night around 7:30." 

Karen called for the girls to come in which they did reluctantly and with a look of dismay. Emma watched as Sarah returned and exclaimed, "thank you, Sarah. I apologize for their behavior, I've finally seen the error of my ways." Sarah replied, "Come on, let's get you cleaned up, and then we can go back to the cafeteria and get a bite to eat, it's on me." Sarah handed Emma a new shirt and another tie that Karen had offered to her. 

Emma walked into the bathroom, wiped the tears from her face, and changed her shirt. She then emerged a minute later, her composure looking much better. She then asked Sarah if she'd help with her tie who was more than glad to help her out. Sarah tied Emma's tie in a Windsor knot to her delight, Emma then looked at herself in the mirror, smiling at the figure in the reflection. They walked down the corridor which was full of students yammering away in various conversations such as the next big student party, football results, questions that may come up in the summer exams, etc. 

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down