Shirt and Tie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Law and Order Part 1

2 posters

Go down

Law and Order Part 1 Empty Law and Order Part 1

Post by MatthewJames7 Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:17 am

Tina was going to a job interview with a law firm in the heart of Dublin. She woke up one morning and went into her dressing room and looked at what she could wear to the interview. Suddenly there was a knock at her bedroom door and her housemate, Karen, walked in. Karen looked and said, “Stuck for clothes?” and Tina replied, “Yes I am”. Karen went out of the room and returned with a suit and said, “Try wearing this” and Tina looked amazed but put on the suit and walked towards the door when Karen exclaimed, “Just where do you think you are going?” and Tina replied, “To eat my breakfast” and Karen said back to her, “Not without this, you’re not” and produced a blue tie. Tina scoffed and said, “A tie?”
Karen responded, “Yes Tina, a tie” and gestured to her to come over. Tina walked over and Karen placed the tie around the white collared shirt and proceeded to tie it in a half Windsor knot. Tina walked over to the mirror and looked at herself with the tie on and Karen said, “What do you think of it?” and Tina’s response was, “It’s nice, a perfect feel, not too tight around the neck, the knot is amazing and the blue matches the blazer.” Karen looked at her friend in the suit and tie and said, “See, I told you you’d like it.” Tina walked out of the dressing room and out the bedroom door and down the stairs into the kitchen and made out her breakfast and proceeded to eat it. When she finished, she picked up her briefcase that was on a chair and waited for Karen to come down to the kitchen. Karen came down five minutes later wearing a suit but without a tie and Tina said to her, “Just where is your tie, Karen?” and Karen said, “I am the local secondary school’s principal, Tina, I can wear whatever I want to work”. Karen and Tina locked up the house and activated the alarm and got into Karen’s car, a Mercedes. Karen took out a tie from her jacket pocket and buttoned her shirt all the way up to the top and proceeded to tie her tie in a 4 in hand knot and Tina said, “You look amazing Karen, my sister told me before that the mark of a good secondary school is that even the female principal is wearing a suit and tie” and Karen responded, “Thanks Tina, you are looking sharp yourself”. Karen pulled up outside the law firm and handed Tina her briefcase and said,” Good luck in there, and if you get the job, dinner tonight is on me in Stones”. Tina walked into the law firm and met the receptionist, Amelia who asked how she could help and Tina said she was looking for a woman called Emily Stevens about the vacant assistant position.

Karen pulled into the school car park and went inside to her office and switched on her computer and proceeded to work. The bell to start school rang out and the entire school packed into the hall for an assembly and Karen spoke and said, “Firstly, I want to get your notice to some new teachers in the school, Ms Caroline Snow, the new Irish teacher replacing Mr De Búrca, Ms Carly Blake, the new Music and Spanish teacher joining us from Swords Post Primary College, and finally, Ms Ciara Rush, the newest member to the PE team, I want to welcome them to the team here in the school and Secondly, I want to talk about the standard of uniform in the school, teachers have been coming to me telling me that the uniform standard is appalling and I am a lot stricter on uniforms this year so I want every student that doesn’t have their uniform in my standards to button up their shirt all the way up to the top and ties in a proper knot, not these fat loose knots I am seeing at the moment and I have said to the teachers that before every class they are to check each student’s uniform and any student not complying with the dress code will be punished and I won’t be merciful, I want my students to represent the school, both inside and out, with pride, so clean up your act. The third and last thing I want to talk to you about is our prefects, Eliza, James, Maggie, Sarah, Amber, Vanessa, Marco, Charlize aka Charlie, Juliana, and Anna-May, they have been chosen as they have shown excellent school spirit for the last five years and wear their uniform in an extremely smart manner and work very hard, they have authority as well so if anyone is misbehaving or breaking the rules in any way, they will report you to me, thank you and enjoy your day”. 

Meanwhile, Tina was following Amelia and they walked into a room and Amelia said, “Ms. Stevens will be with you in a minute and if you need anything, Katie here will sort you out. Katie said, “You must be Tina, I knew your mother very well, I was an apprentice with her part-time during my college years, I heard she passed away last month, I am so sorry to hear that, my grandmother was one of the last people to see her before her suicide” and Tina said, “Your grandmother wasn’t Rose Taylor the actress, was she?” and Katie replied, “Yes, she was actually, did you ever watch Twilight Marina?” and Tina exclaimed, “I loved Twilight Marina especially when Helena walks out in the suit and says, “I am nobody’s bitch”. Katie was wearing a black business suit with a white shirt with a couple of buttons open and said to Tina, “My grandmother played Helena in that movie”. Katie’s phone rang and she answered it and said to Tina,” The boss would like to see you now” and pointed her to the door. The door was opened and Tina was surprised that the boss was also wearing a suit and tie. The boss said, “Hello, I am Catalina Fernandez, and I am the senior executive of this firm, I am not the head of this firm but a step lower in the food chain, and might I say, you look amazing in your suit and tie, every other female applicant has worn a dress, so you are the first to wear a suit and tie to this interview, and also, is that a half Windsor knot?, I can give you a double Windsor knot” and she proceeded to loosen Tina’s tie and retied it in a double Windsor knot and Catalina said, “Much better” and they conducted the interview and eventually Catalina said to Tina that she’d call back about the job.

Last edited by MatthewJames7 on Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Law and Order Part 1 Empty Re: Law and Order Part 1

Post by 2ties Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:39 am

Please continue this story perhaps the law firm could has their own tie.

2ties

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:05 am

Yeah maybe. I write a lot of these just for fun so maybe I might make part 2.

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down