Shirt and Tie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emma and the Suit

4 posters

Go down

Emma and the Suit Empty Emma and the Suit

Post by MatthewJames7 Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:45 am

Looking out the window at the people passing by, Emma sighed. Emma was a young girl of nineteen. She had auburn colored-hair and her eyes were blue like the ocean. She had an athletic build due to her being on her school track team. In comparison to most girls her age, Emma stood at six feet five inches. Due to this height difference, there were a couple of girls in school who used to bully her for her height and would call her a freak. Emma would have loved to tell her mother about this bullying, but unfortunately, Emma's mother had passed away and Emma was forced to live with her cruel aunt who forbade Emma from hanging out with her friends. Emma's aunt was also very strict on discipline and devoted her time to make Emma into a lady. This angered Emma intensely because her mother would have been the exact opposite, she would always let Emma hang out with her friends after school. Most of Emma's friends in school were boys, especially those who also made the track team.

Suddenly, there was a knock on Emma's door. She knew instantly who it was. She watched as Maria walked in with a scowl on her face. "Emma, what are you doing? I'm not raising you to sit around and stare out the window as the world goes by. My book club is coming over later and I want you appropriately dressed for the occasion. I have decided that you will wear this." Handing her a black suit, Maria exclaimed, "you have five minutes to get changed, Emma. By the way, your tie is hanging outside on your doorknob. Cassandra's daughter Cordelia Rose is coming along with her. You will be civil towards her at all times. Now, get changed." Emma looked at the suit with a look of disgust, she couldn't believe that her aunt was making her dress like a boy. Reluctantly, she changed out of her jeans and t-shirt and put on the suit. Looking at herself in the mirror, Emma exclaimed, "this is going to be one long evening, that's for sure." Walking out of her bedroom, Emma picked up the blue tie off the doorknob and tied it in a basic knot. Making her way downstairs, she strolled into the kitchen which was adorned with food on the table in various bowls, Maria turned around and exclaimed, "perfect Emma." At that moment, the doorbell rang. Running to answer it,  Maria smiled when she saw that it was Cassandra and Cordelia. Ushering them inside, they made their way back into the kitchen. Cordelia stood next to Emma and linked arms with her to Emma's disbelief, but she had to uphold Maria's words about being civil to Cordelia. After about twenty minutes, everyone from Maria's book club had arrived. Sitting down at the table to eat, everyone took their seat. Cordelia and Emma were seated together on purpose by Maria. While they were eating, one of the women looked over at Emma. Speaking up, she exclaimed, "Emma, I hear you're quite the sprinter on the track team at school. Maria told me you've won a few races." Emma replied, "yes, I've had a few victories", when Cornelia interjected, "you're much too modest Emma, you've won the inter-schools state championship for the last five years." The women looked around at each other with a look of awe on their faces. At that moment, Cordelia smiled at Emma, "let me fix your tie." At that moment, Cordelia looked at everyone around the room and giggled excitedly. Turning back to Emma, she started fixing Emma's tie so that it was tied in a Windsor knot. Emma could not believe it, Cordelia was dressing her in front of all these people. It was bad enough to Emma that she had to wear a suit and tie, but now she watched helplessly as Cordelia fixed her tie in front of the entire room. Looking over at Cassandra, Cordelia watched as Cassandra smiled and nodded with approval. Emma then took Cordelia by the hand and exclaimed, "could you excuse us both for a minute? Cordelia and I need to talk privately." Maria nodded, "you may be excused, but make it snappy." Standing up from the table, Emma and Cordelia walked out of the room and into the hallway. "Cordelia, what was that? Why did you fix my tie in front of everyone like that?" Cordelia composed herself and replied, "Emma, I'm proud of you. I wanted everyone to feel the same way." Sighing, Emma knew that she had been beaten. "Ok. I've now changed my mind, it was a lovely gesture, thank you."

Last edited by MatthewJames7 on Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

MatthewJames7

N00144119 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Emma and the Suit Empty Re: Emma and the Suit

Post by MatthewJames7 Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:20 am

Where do you guys want me to go from here? I was thinking that in a part of it, Cordelia and Emma swap outfits and it's Cordelia who wears the suit and tie in front of everybody. Do they become best friends in school or become friends and then there is an incident that causes tension between them which may turn into envy towards each other in time??

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by N00144119 Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:07 pm

I like the idea of Cordelia slowly picking out outfits for Emma to wear maybe

N00144119

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:07 pm

Not a bad idea, I'll just see if anyone else has any ideas

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by Evol Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:23 pm

Maybe Cordelia’s really jealous of how Emma looks and wants her mom to talk to Emma’s mom about her getting a suit too

Evol

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:27 am

EvilisLive wrote:Maybe Cordelia’s really jealous of how Emma looks and wants her mom to talk to Emma’s mom about her getting a suit.
That's actually quite an interesting plot. Sounds good

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:23 am

That evening after everyone had left, Cordelia and her mom were making their way home when Cordelia spoke up. "Mum, I was really jealous of Emma's suit tonight, and I was wondering if you would speak to Maria about getting me a suit too, and maybe a few ties to go with it." Cassandra pondered this, "Certainly, I'll talk to Maria in the morning and ask her to take you shopping, I'd be dreadful at picking out suits and ties. Anyway, let's get home if you plan to go shopping tomorrow."

The next morning, Maria knocked on Emma's door. "Emma, get up out of bed, shower, and get dressed, we're taking Cordelia shopping. You shall put on your suit, and don't object." Emma sighed with anger, she hated it when people woke her on a Saturday morning, and especially because she had to go shopping while wearing a suit which was unfair. Half an hour later, she was showered and dressed. Making her way down the stairs, she called Maria out to the stairs where she looked Emma up and down. "Emma put on your tie this instant." Emma sighed again, a sense of fury was building up inside her. Going back up the stairs, Emma cursed angrily under her breath as she picked up the tie that she felt made her look stupid. She hated wearing it because she felt it wasn't a thing that most girls would wear, and especially on a Saturday morning when going shopping. Emma still didn't know what they were taking Cordelia shopping for, though with the suit on, she had an inkling.

At that moment, the doorbell rang. Answering it, Maria opened it to see Cordelia in the doorway. She was wearing a pair of denim jeans and a white t-shirt with a rose design on it. Looking at Cordelia's attire, Emma couldn't believe it. She was made to wear a suit and tie while Cordelia was able to come over in casual clothing. "It's not fair," she thought to herself. Maria seemed to catch this look and exclaimed, "Emma, quit lazing about and get in the car." Walking towards the passenger front seat, Emma went to open the door when Maria told her to sit in the back.

After about fifteen minutes, they arrived in the city centre. Walking down the main streets, Emma watched as people glanced at her in the suit, some looked as if they were sniggering at how outlandish her attire looked. Eventually, they found the suit shop. Walking in, they were greeted by a woman who was wearing a navy pinstripe suit. She had a measuring tape around her shoulders and her tie was tied in a Four-In-Hand knot. Emma was stunned, she couldn't believe it. Why would a woman in a suit shop be wearing a suit and tie? Why would she not be wearing some formal kind of dress?

"Good morning ladies, welcome to my suit shop, Tatianas. I'm Tatiana, I'm the current manager here. My family built this shop 200 years ago. My ancestor, Tatiana, who I'm named after, built this shop. Anyway, enough of my monologuing, how may I help you this morning?" Maria replied, "thank you for the wonderful greeting." Placing one hand on Cordelia's shoulder, she exclaimed, "my friend here is looking for some suits and some shirts and ties." Tatiana nodded, "of course, take a look around. You need anything, just call me over."

MatthewJames7

Evol likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:33 am

Walking around the shop looking at the various suits that were hanging up, Cordelia thought, "wow, all these suits are amazing, so many different ones hanging up and the ties, they all look so smart." Looking at them, Cordelia asked Tatiana to come over to help her. "I like that suit, the light blue one with the white shirt and yellow tie, could I try it on?" Tatiana nodded, "of course, the fitting room is just over there, take as much time as you need, and if you want to try on another suit, just ask and I'll take it down for you." Taking the suit, Cordelia walked over to the fitting room and locked the door behind her. Taking off her t-shirt, Cordelia picked up the white shirt that she had laid on the bench. The shirt felt so soft on her skin as she put it on. Next came the trousers which, again like the shirt, felt so soft, the fabric was really nicely done. Placing the silk tie around her collar, Cordelia tied it in a Windsor knot. Looking at herself in the mirror, Cordelia smiled at her reflection. She was wearing a suit and tie. Pushing her tie up to her collar, she smiled again with approval at how her tie was smartly tied. Last, but not least, was the blazer. After she put it on, she walked out of the fitting room where everyone was waiting to see it. 

Emma was stunned, she could not believe that Cordelia wanted to wear a suit and tie. She thought that it wasn't right for a woman to be dressing in men's clothing. She walked over to Cordelia and went to fix her tie when Cordelia stood back from her and embarrassingly exclaimed, "Emma, what are you doing?" Composing herself, Emma replied, "I'm fixing your tie Cordelia as you did with me last night in front of everyone at dinner." Maria went scarlet and turned to Tatiana, "I apologise for my niece's behaviour, Tatiana." Cordelia was almost as scarlet as Maria was. At that moment, one of Cordelia's school friends walked into the shop with her mother. Catching a glimpse of Cordelia, she walked over to her. She looked in awe of Cordelia's new suit and how good it looked on her.

Eventually, they finished up a while later and had bought Cordelia several suits and a few ties. Cordelia decided after Maria paid for the suits that she would wear one immediately which Maria agreed with completely. "I think you'd look fantastic in your new suit Cordelia." Walking out of the shop, they made their way back to the car which took a bit longer because everyone stopped to tell Cordelia how beautiful she looked in the suit and tie. Emma thought to herself, "why does she look good in a suit and then as we made our way to the shop, people were sniggering at me for it." At that moment, someone was walking along with a cup of coffee when they accidentally bumped into Cordelia whose new suit was then covered in coffee stains. The other person looked horrified, "oh my God, I'm so so sorry. I got momentarily distracted and didn't see you coming. I'm such a klutz." Tears flowed down Cordelia's cheeks, "my new suit!! My tie!! They're covered in coffee. Maria consoled her, "it's ok Cordelia, sweetheart, when we get close to home, we can stop by the cleaners, they've been doing my clothes for years."

Eventually, they got into the car and made their way home, but before that Maria took Cordelia's suit to the cleaners. Upon arrival home, Maria looked at Emma, "go upstairs and get dressed for dinner now." Emma replied, "but, I am dressed for dinner." Maria looked disgusted by this, "are you being a smart mouth, Emma? When I took you in, reluctantly, I said I would become your legal guardian so officially I am now your legal mother. You will obey my rules at all times, and if you keep being smart with me or you cross me, I shall have no problems putting you in a federal orphanage. I am a very powerful influence around here. I don't know why your mother wanted to have a spoilt brat like you as her daughter."

MatthewJames7

N00144119 and Evol like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:05 pm

Emma was disgusted by this, "you are my aunt, Maria, not some bold child in a primary school that you can just lecture and then send back to class. Why do you treat me like one then?." Maria sighed and sat down on the bottom step of the flight of stairs. "Emma, I'm sorry for the way I've been treating you. When your mother and I were young, our father was a horrible man. He used to drink us into near poverty and would always be cruel to us. Whenever he was angry, he would viciously beat us and even our mother. I guess the reason I treated you like such is that I've had 35 years of repressed anger built up inside of me and I took it out on you. I should have known better than to have released that anger and mistreat you the way I have. I wholeheartedly apologise for everything mean or nasty I've ever said to you since I took you in. Your mother would be proud of the beautiful and mature young woman you have grown into. I lied when I said you were a spoilt brat, you are the furthest thing from it. You are a very beautiful young woman Emma, and I am proud to have you as my adopted daughter. Can you ever forgive me? I can understand if you will take a while to do so."

Emma smiled, "thank you, Maria. I forgive you, but it will take a while." Maria nodded to understand. "Emma, to make up for my atrocious treatment towards you, I'll take you out for dinner. You can wear whatever you want to wear." Delighted to hear this, Emma replied, "there's only one thing, I'm already dressed for dinner, I want to wear this suit and tie. I'm slowly beginning to like it."  About an hour later, Cordelia had gone home with her suits and Maria was getting changed to go out for dinner. "Emma sweetheart, what colour tie should I wear?" Emma opened Maria's chest of drawers and then opened the compartment where Maria kept her ties and jewellery. There were many ties that had various colours and patterns, some were spotted, others striped, and several coloured ties without any pattern. Emma picked up some of the ties which felt so smooth in her hands. Eventually, she decided on a red striped tie and handed it to Maria who tied it in a Windsor knot.

Making their way to the car, they got in and drove to one of the fanciest Indian restaurants in town. Upon arrival, they were welcomed by a staff member called Isabel who was wearing the restaurant's custom made skirt suit for the ladies with a white shirt, black vest and blazer and an emerald-green tie. "Welcome ladies, a table for two people?" Maria nodded, "yes please, thank you." Following Isabel, they arrived at a table and took their seats. "Here are our menus, I shall have a waitress come over to your table when you are ready to order. Eventually, they decided on their meals, Maria was having a lamb dish and Emma decided that she would have chicken. After about fifteen minutes, the food arrived. Maria licked her lips at the succulent smell of the lamb dish which looked amazing.

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:33 pm

They both started eating and when Emma took a bite of her meal, she started to cough, she couldn't swallow it. Maria knew instantly what was going on. "She's choking, someone help us, please. She's choking." The whole restaurant turned towards them in horror. Isabel ran over and placed her hands around Emma's midriff and started to give her the Heimlich manoeuvre. Eventually, Emma coughed up the bit of food that she had eaten. Her eyes were full of tears and she ran into the bathroom. She was embarrassed at what had just happened. Maria stood up from the table, "Isabel, could you excuse me for a few minutes, I know you're always trying to get tables free for people". Isabel nodded, "of course, take as much time as you need, we will keep your table for you. We'll kindly offer Emma another meal. We should have asked about allergies.

Making her way into the bathroom, Maria called, "Emma, where are you?" Emma's voice replied, "the fourth cubicle, but don't come in, I've embarrassed you enough." Maria walked over to the cubicle door which was unlocked. Opening it, she saw Emma was sitting on the toilet with the seat down. She had loosened her tie and the makeup was all smudged from her tears. "Emma, don't be silly, it could have happened to anybody. Isabel has kindly offered to give you another meal, she forgot to ask if you had any allergies. Let's fix you up a bit first, that makeup could do with a clean, and let me fix your tie".

MatthewJames7

N00144119, jropika and Evol like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:42 am

Taking off Emma's tie, Maria took it in her hands. Tying it in a Windsor knot, Maria then placed it around Emma's collar. Emma smiled at Maria's kindness and how she had gone from a cruel aunt to almost a second mother to her. When Emma had been told the story by Maria, she understood completely. She had read in a book of psychology at the local library that when people are poorly treated when they are children by their parents, they can hold in repressed anger for years and that someday they could let out that anger on someone who did not deserve it. Emma loved to read and whenever she had a free moment at home, she would lie on her bed with a novel of some sort in her hands. As she was reading, she imagined the adventure she would be on, say for instance if she was reading a law-based book, she imagined to herself that she was a top-ranking lawyer in a courtroom taking on some very important cases. It was Emma's lifelong dream to become an author and write her own books someday. Her other career ambition was to become a lawyer like she was reading in her books. Of the two, Emma believed that the lawyer ambition seemed the likelier option because it could take years to become an author and one would have to be extremely skilled in writing.

Eventually, they returned to the table and Emma finished the new meal she had been given. On their way home, they started conversing in the car, "Emma, I know you're really excited for college, so I was thinking we could go on a little road trip on Monday and visit all the different colleges to see which one you like best, plus it would give us a chance to bond properly after the way I treated you before. We can go to Tatianas in the morning and buy some suits" Emma beamed, "that would be awesome, Maria, thank you. I'll wear my casual clothes in the car and I'll bring one of my suits to change into when we arrive at each college." Maria smiled with pride at her niece's maturity, "I know Cordelia would have loved to come with us but she's been grounded by her mother after she heard that Cordelia was bullying other students and then got into a fight with another girl that got physical. The other girl got a black eye I've heard. Good thing she isn't coming, she's a bad influence, I'm sorry I invited her to the book-club meeting."  Pulling up in the driveway, they got out of the car and walked inside. Emma yawned with exhaustion, the whole day had been quite the ordeal for her, especially what had happened at dinner.

MatthewJames7

N00144119 and jropika like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:12 am

Where do you guys want me to go from here?

Let me know down below

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sailer1 Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:08 pm

She is forced to work wear a tuxedo including a bow tie and cummerbund

Sailer1

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:26 pm

I'd be thinking the fact that she's going to college that they'd look at the different prospectus's from the different colleges and then Emma is accepted to the most prestigious business school in the entire country when she discovers that she doesn't have the entry requirements for law school. Upon arrival, she sees that all of the students wear suits as part of the college requirements and then she notices that one of her school rivals is going there too which causes added tension between them which is strengthened because they disliked each other at school too

MatthewJames7

Evol likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:21 pm

Let me know what you guys think of this plot down below

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by Evol Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:32 pm

Sounds like a good idea to me

Evol

MatthewJames7 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:46 am

EvilisLive wrote:Sounds like a good idea to me
Perfect. I have a sample bit written up but I'll post it at some stage later today

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:30 pm

A couple of days later, Maria and Emma were sitting in the kitchen looking at the college brochures when the doorbell rang. It was Cassandra who stood in the doorway with some bags in her hands. "Maria, Cordelia is being punished for her behaviour at school and I thought it best to give back all the suits you so kindly bought her. I'm sure Emma will be able to put them to use. Cordelia's behaviour in school lately has been atrocious, she's been unruly and when asked a question, she just gives back a smart answer. Her principal suspended her for two weeks for vandalising school property. In light of this behaviour, I've grounded her for a month. I shall not be bringing her to any more of our book club meetings again, and when it is my turn to host the book club meeting, Cordelia shall remain in her bedroom. Emma, feel free to join us if that's ok with Maria." Maria nodded in agreement, "certainly, she's more than welcome to join us at any time." Cassandra smiled, "anyway, I'd best be off, I'd better get back to Cordelia and make sure she's obeying the rules of me grounding her."

Returning to the kitchen, they sat back down at the table to read the brochures. "Emma, I'm so sorry you didn't get accepted into law school. I know that it's your dream kiddo. Here's one that looks good, Rose Hill University, the most prestigious business school in the country. The great thing is that there is free third-level education in the entire country so we won't have to pay any fees. Let's go onto the college application page and see what they have to offer." Looking through the web page, they discovered that some of the most famous business personalities had graduated from there, including Eliza Rose, who was Emma's idol. "The college is four hours away from here by car, but two and a half by train. You can always FaceTime me if you need anything sweetheart. If there's one thing I know, it's that your mother would be very proud of the beautiful, mature, young woman you are growing into, Emma. Not a day goes by when I don't miss her. Anyway, we'd better get ready and look our very best if we're going to see the college tomorrow."

MatthewJames7

Evol likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:50 pm

The following morning, Emma woke up with excitement. She was going to see what one of her potential new colleges would be like, what student life would be like and third-level education in general. An hour later, she was showered and dried off. Looking through her wardrobe, she pondered, "hmm, what to wear, what to wear? So many choices." Finally, she decided on a pair of denim jeans with a black t-shirt and leather jacket combo. She picked up her pair of ankle boots which she had polished the day before so that if she needed them for anything they'd be clean. She also took out a jet-black suit and a blue shirt with a white collar and placed them neatly in a bag along with a red necktie and a pair of black loafers. Maria knocked on the door, "you ready sweetheart?" Emma nodded, "yes, I'm ready to go whenever you are." 

Getting into the car, they both felt excited and nervous at the same time. Maria had planned ahead for the trip so she had booked them a room in a motel not too far from the college to spare her from being exhausted after what could have been an eight-hour round trip back home. Eventually, they set off on the road to the college. The drive out of the housing estate took a little longer than expected because there were people going to work that morning. Luckily for Emma, it was a beautiful June morning, the sun beaming in the clear blue sky and not a cloud to be seen. Once they had gotten out onto the motorway, the four-hour long journey would be easy. As they were driving along, Maria told Emma some stories of when she and Emma's mother were young. Eventually, they pulled up to the motel they would be staying in which was ten minutes from Rose Hill University. The building in question was very decrepit-looking, like it had been badly damaged after a storm or something. Walking inside, they were welcomed by the owner. She was a woman of roughly sixty with grey hair and a set of steel rimmed glasses that made her look quite austere. "Welcome to Sierra Motel, I'm the owner Rachael." Shaking hands, Maria replied, "thank you, Rachael, I'm Maria and this is my niece Emma, she's applying for Rose Hill. We would like to go to our room and freshen up before we go to the college."

MatthewJames7

N00144119, jropika and Evol like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:01 am

I mentioned previously that Emma goes to see the college, but her first impression is soured when she sees that her school rival is attending as well which causes added tension between them, how should I go from there, maybe that they finally settle their differences and become friends or something on the opposite side of the coin, where an event of some kind fuels the already visible disdain Emma and her so far unnamed rival have for each other

Let me know what you think

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by Evol Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:21 pm

Maybe they’re forced to work together in a humorous way

Evol

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:00 am

Sounds good, and it could help to ease the tension between them

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:38 pm

A few days later, Emma had her application accepted for Rose Hill which she was ecstatic about. Little did she know, there was going to be a surprise that would sour her delight. Making her way to the auditorium where the president of the college would make the introductory speech to welcome the new class before they started the following Monday, she noticed her school rival Lizzie was there too. Rubbing her eyes, Emma thought this was nothing but a mirage or an illusion, but when she finished rubbing them, Emma knew that this was the real thing. She couldn't believe that her school rival was going to be in the same college as her for the next four years, considering she had been in the same secondary school as her for the last six years and made Emma's time there a living hell on a near-daily basis.

Taking a seat within the vast auditorium, Emma looked around. This was much bigger than the auditoriums she had in school, in fact, the one in her school was so small compared to this, that it'd fit into the college one many times over. Adorned on the walls of the auditorium were different pennants saying things like, "College Basketball Championship Winners 2019" or "International Debating Competition winners 2019." Emma was very impressed by these accolades while she was thinking to herself how she could win a college accolade of some sort. The other students filed into the auditorium and sat down. The room was full of chatter until a woman walked on stage. Everyone knew she was a very important member of staff, but they didn't know how important, the only people who did were Emma and Lizzie. The woman composed herself calmly, she knew what she was doing like the back of her hand.

"Good morning everyone, my name is Sarina, I am the president of Rose Hill University. I would like to be the first to welcome you all here today. I see many faces down there, but what I really see is potential, but in the end, only a few students will show that they'll have reached that potential. For today, you may remain in your casual clothing but over the weekend you will all be fitted for your college uniform which you shall wear every day from Monday onwards. If you are to graduate as businessmen and businesswomen, you should be expected to dress like one at all times. Your ties are to be properly tied at all times and the top button closed at all times too. With the ties, we usually prefer that students wear a double Windsor knot."

Emma was excited about this new college. The new people, the new surroundings, and especially the new uniform. Eventually, the speech concluded with roaring applause. As Emma was walking out the auditorium door, she was stopped by Lizzie. "I thought after six years of secondary school together, I'd finally see the back of you, Emma. I thought our little feud would be over, but it seems it has a new chapter." Two lecturers noticed this and whispered to each other. Obviously, whatever had been said between Emma and Lizzie was something interesting because one of them nodded in agreement to the other

About a fortnight later, Emma was getting up to leave after a lecture had finished when her lecturer exclaimed, "I'm assigning you all some project work, you shall work in pairs and when you have completed your project, you and your partner will present your ideas next week. I'll now name out the pairs as follows." After a couple of minutes, she had covered nearly all the names. Emma was concerned that hers or Lizzie's names weren't called out yet. Her concerns came true when the lecture called out, "Lizzie and Emma, you shall work together. Some of us staff noticed the tension and disdain you have for each other so we decided that we would pair you together to ease that tension."

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:54 am

A couple of days later, Emma had been invited over to Lizzie's apartment where they would work on their project work. Knocking on the door, Emma held a bottle of wine in her hands. Opening the door, Lizzie exclaimed, "welcome Emma, everyone else is gone out to some stupid party, so we'll be able to focus harder on the project." They sat down on the couch and started to work away on the project when Emma asked, "Lizzie, why do you dislike me?" Lizzie sighed, "well, I suppose I was jealous of how well you did in school so I always tried my hardest to one-up you, plus my stepdad isn't a nice guy so I suppose I took out my loathing of him on you. I'm sorry for how I treated you Emma, especially after your mother died, I feel that was despicable behaviour from me, can we be friends?" Emma nodded, "that's ok, Maria, my aunt, she told me that she treated me like that because my grandad used to treat her and my Mum terribly so she took 35 and a half years worth of anger out on me, but once I found out why she did, I understood completely, so I also understand why you treated me like that too. Of course we can be friends!" About an hour later, they had finished the project and submitted it to their lecturer online. When they had finished, Lizzie exclaimed, "seeing as you brought it, let's have some of the wine to celebrate our completion of the project and to our new friendship." Pouring it out, Emma sipped the white wine that was in her glass which had a very distinctive and lovely taste. 

At that moment, there was noise coming from the hallway which Lizzie knew straight away. "Oh great, my flat mates are back from their stupid party, no doubt they're drunk." Opening the door they walked inside. The smell of drink off them was abhorrent. Suddenly, one of them turned to Emma. "Lizzie, what is she doing here? I thought you hated her." Lizzie was irate by this, "hey, Emma is my newest friend, she taught me the error of my ways, now if you'd all like to sober up, the smell of drink off you all is disgusting, or else Emma and I can go somewhere else and talk in private." Emma nodded, "come on Lizzie, let's get out of here, these guys clearly don't need us."

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:55 am

Should I expand on the new friendship between Emma and Lizzie, and should they just be friends or eventually realise that they have feelings for each other that they didn't know were there at all??

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by Evol Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:12 am

Start as friends then become more

Evol

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:02 pm

Sounds good, I'll do that so. I usually prefer for you guys to give me plot ideas than add my own

MatthewJames7

Evol likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:42 am

Hey guys,

I've got a plotline built up for the story after the post from  EvilisLive, but I've not had the chance to work on it over the last day or two because I've been focusing on my undergraduate dissertation, so I'll hopefully have a post up in the next couple of days

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:20 am

The next day, Emma and Lizzie were sitting in the cafeteria eating lunch when Lizzie looked up from their conversation. She noticed the room had gone quiet and her suspicions were confirmed when a girl walked in. Everyone was looking at her in awe, of course, it was natural due to the fact that she was Sarina's daughter Megan. Noticing Lizzie and Emma, Megan strolled over to them with a sinister-looking smile on her face. "Morning girls, how are doing today?" Lizzie ignored her to which Megan did not take kindly. Pulling Lizzie up from her chair with aggression, she exclaimed, "you answer me when spoken to, Elizabeth, it's highly disrespectful to not answer the president's daughter when she asks you a question." Lizzie started to feel angry, "don't ever call me Elizabeth, it's Lizzie. Besides, I don't see why I should answer a question given to me by a selfish, pampered little bitch like you Megan." This clearly struck a nerve with Megan who viciously punched Lizzie in the face, "don't you dare speak to me like that Lizzie." Emma stood up to defend her friend when Megan exclaimed, "Emma, how nice to finally meet you, I've heard great things about you from some of my friends who were in school with you. My mother would be delighted to meet you, we can go to her now." Emma went to react to this when Megan linked arms with her and marched her out of the cafeteria.

Making their way along the corridor, they reached a flight of stairs. "Mother's office is just upstairs", Megan exclaimed with a sense of pride. Eventually, they arrived at Sarina's office and knocked on the door. "Come in." Opening the door, Megan walked in with Emma by her side. Sarina immediately stood up from her desk to greet Emma, "the famous Emma, I've heard great things about you, when we take in a student, we always ring their secondary school to see what their teachers have to say, and your teachers said you were a model student. I only give these to students who got the highest grades in the entrance exam, and I would like to present you with one of our honour ties. Megan, be a dear and give Emma her new tie." Megan nodded immediately and picked up the tie from the table. Walking over to Emma, she loosened Emma's college tie. Placing the honour tie around Emma's neck, she tied it in a Windsor knot. At that moment, two of Megan's friends walked in with Lizzie by their side. "Madame President, Lizzie here was overheard crudely insulting Megan. We would like to place her before the discipline committee." Sarina nodded, "yes, I agree." Lizzie looked at Emma who was standing proudly next to Megan. "Emma, what are you doing? Megan is our enemy." Emma laughed, "oh please Lizzie, she told me the truth. She told me along the way here that she overheard you saying to your flatmates that you'd become my friend for this project, she even has video proof so there's no defending it. Girls, take her before the discipline committee." They nodded and walked back out of the room. Megan smiled evilly, she knew she had the best student in the college as her new best friend.

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by Evol Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:13 pm

Will you be continuing? I ask because I really like this story

Evol

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:16 am

Yes, I shall be continuing, I'm contemplating a good plot for Megan and Emma

MatthewJames7

Evol likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:48 am

About a month later, Megan and Emma had become best friends and were very rarely seen out of each other's company. One day they were having lunch in the main cafeteria when Megan exclaimed, "this place is boring, let's go somewhere more classy." Emma, wondering where this could be, replied, "ok, I'm following you, Megan." Working their way through the busy corridors that were filled with students, they walked up a flight of stairs. Stopping at a door that said, "executive lounge", Emma exclaimed, "the executive lounge? Megan, students are forbidden to go in there." Megan smiled, "I'm not, and as of now, neither are you." They walked in the door where they were greeted by a woman who was wearing a designer business-suit. "Miss Megan, what a pleasure to see you of course. You know the rules though, your friend is not permitted to be here." A voice interjected, "Carole, Emma is here as my guest. From this moment on, she is allowed here any time she wants on my authority, so do make it your best to make her feel welcome." Carole nodded to say she understood Sarina's orders. 

Walking over to Emma, Sarina exclaimed, "Emma, may I be the first to welcome you here to the executive lounge. Normally, students are forbidden to be here, but since you are like a second daughter to me, I have approved of you coming here. We often have business personalities to visit us to give a guest lecture about the business world. They usually come back here for a meal afterwards. There is a businesswoman coming later to give a lecture, and she will be joining us here this evening. You are welcome to join us here for dinner." Emma was taken aback by this offer, "really? I don't want to impose." Sarina smiled, "you wouldn't be imposing at all Emma, we'd be glad to have you join us for dinner. I can give you one of Megan's suits to wear."

That evening all the students had gone home which left Emma and Megan as the two remaining students in the college. Strutting down the lengthy corridor, Emma felt powerful. She was dining in the most prestigious area of the college with her best friend. She was wearing a red suit with a blue tie which she wore in a basic knot. Making her way to the executive lounge, she was welcomed by Carole, "Miss Emma, welcome to the executive lounge, a pleasure as always." The executive lounge was even more done up than usual, with the expensive dining table filled with various dishes which to Emma looked absolutely amazing. Straightening her tie, Emma smiled, she was now one of the most important students in the entire college. Megan was wearing a sapphire dress that went down to the floor and a matching pair of gloves to go with it. Looking around, Emma noticed that there were various business personalities around the room engulfed in chatter about different things. Eventually, the bell was rung to signify that dinner was served. Sitting down next to Megan, Emma was excited about how the evening might go.

One of them looked at her, "you must be the famous Emma, Sarina speaks very highly of you." Emma replied, "yes, I'm honoured that Sarina does hold me in such praise, but I'm only another student here at the end of the day." Megan interjected, "you're much too modest Emma, you were the only student in the year to get straight A's in the entrance exams." Everyone looked around at each other in awe of this. Megan then turned to Emma with excitement, "let me fix your tie Emma, it begs for a Windsor knot." Emma was delighted that Megan would be so generous to help her. "Thank you, Megan, you're very kind." Fixing Emma's tie, Megan replied, "let me get that for you."

At that moment, Emma suddenly felt light-headed. Speaking up, she exclaimed, "Sarina, could I be excused for a few minutes, I feel a little faint." Sarina turned to her, "of course you can, come back whenever you want to, Emma, there's no hurry." Standing up from the table, Emma walked outside to get some fresh air. Megan followed her out with concern. "Everything ok Emma?" Nodding, Emma replied, "yeah, I'm fine thanks, Megan, on occasion I get this light-headed feeling." Suddenly, she passed out. Megan then screamed, "Mum, help us. Emma's after passing out."

MatthewJames7

Evol likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:17 am

A moment later, she had come around and returned to the table. "I'm sorry about that everyone, I just needed some air." Sarina looked at her, "that's ok, sweetheart, it happens the best of us at times." The woman who spoke to Emma before Megan had fixed her tie in pride of her friend's accomplishment, exclaimed, "you must be very intelligent Emma to get such stellar grades." Emma laughed, "I just love to study, and when I'm not studying I like to read so I'm nearly learning constantly. While you were outside, we were discussing it together and we would like to offer you a postgraduate scholarship to our university in England when you graduate from here. Sarina tells me you live with your aunt, so when the time comes, discuss it with her. We'd love to have you as a postgrad student. In England, all the most prestigious universities have a uniform so it wouldn't be that different from here." Emma was speechless, she did not know how to react to this. "Thank you very much." 

The next day, Emma was walking down the corridor when she noticed a bunch of women walking towards Sarina's office, one of whom was carrying a briefcase in her left hand. Another was dressed in formal military uniform with a black-tie she wore in a Windsor knot. Something told Emma that this was not going to be good news. Deciding to follow them, Emma strolled slowly behind them at a distance so she wouldn't arouse suspicion. Eventually, they stopped and walked into Sarina's office. Sitting down on a nearby bench, Emma took her books out of her bag and started reading in order to mask her actions. 

"Sarina, we have come here to buy the university. This is Commander Amelia Rose, she will be the new owner if the deal goes through, and she's also my fiancée. We met when I was in England six months ago and we fell in love at first sight. She and I went to Paris last summer and she proposed to me at the top of the Eiffel Tower. Anyways, let's not get sidetracked. Alongside us is Anna Ortega Torres, she's a Spanish billionaire and she has big plans for this university. Anna. care to give us some ideas?" Anna smiled, "of course Natalie, I'd love to. My first rule is that there shall be no parties anywhere on the college campus at any time, and any student who violates this rule will have to pay the price. I am also planning to bring in a new uniform which Amelia's daughter has so kindly offered to model for us. Look how she wears the pinstripe suit with pride. There shall also be a college tuxedo with tailcoats and top hats for important events which are mandatory. Participation in these events shall be graded and the marks will go towards the grades for the year. Appearance is also another thing, boys are to appear clean-shaven, and hair in an appropriate look, long hair or beards are not allowed. Of course, Commander Rose will be the owner, I'll only be the president of the college, so any plans I make will have to be approved by her first. We would like to offer 60 million dollars to buy the university."

Last edited by MatthewJames7 on Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:11 am; edited 2 times in total

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:19 am

Will Sarina sell the university and take the 60 million or refuse?

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by Evol Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:34 pm

Maybe she refuses right away but they wear her down and she sells they keep her on and make her wear the uniforms too

Evol

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:53 pm

I like the sound of that, EvilisLive, you're giving me some excellent plotlines for my stories, thank you very much my friend

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by Evol Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:36 pm

No problem, I really like this story

Evol

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:38 am

Thanks very much, I'm hoping to be an author

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:42 am

"Sarina, think about it. You could retire now if you wanted to, and you'd have enough money to last the rest of your life, think of all the gifts you could buy Megan and Karen for their birthdays, considering that Megan's birthday is coming up next week. Maybe a new house." Sarina pondered, "I don't want to be greedy, but 60 million is a lot to refuse. Fine, it's a deal." Amelia smiled with delight, "pleasure doing business with you Sarina, we would like to keep you on as a staff member, however, you shall wear the same uniform as the students. Seeing as we are generous, you are permitted to wear any tie you wish as long as you always have one on you. Now, here it is, kindly go and get changed." Sarina reluctantly nodded and walked out of the room with the uniform in her hand and a yellow tie. She noticed Emma and exclaimed sadly, "Emma, you trusted me and I have failed you, forgive me." Emma looked at her, shaking her head, "Sarina, you have spent your whole life listening to others, it's about time you did something yourself." Nodding her head, Sarina exclaimed, "you have a plan in that intelligent head of yours, Emma, let me know what it later on."

Sitting back down, Emma listened further as Natalie spoke, "Amelia, our first action is to ship Sarina's brat off to Switzerland to some university so that she won't poison our plans for this dump." Her face in horror, Emma thought "I have to warn Sarina and Megan." At that moment, she realized she had spoken too loudly which alerted Amelia to her presence. 

"Get in here and sit down you nosy little brat. You are not warning anyone, I will not have you ruin my plans. Juliet, restrain her." Emma watched as the girl, roughly her own age, walked over to her. Taking off her tie, Juliet wrapped it tightly around Emma's hands that felt like a pair of handcuffs." Emma was furious, "let me go!!! Let me go now!!!." Amelia shook her head with disapproval, "you'll get nowhere if you keep acting like that Emma, but seeing as you cannot control your mouth, Juliet will do it for you." Taking another tie, she proceeded to place it around Emma's mouth to which Emma exclaimed, "Juliet, you're nothing but a little bitch." Amelia walked over to Emma and slapped her in the face, "don't you dare talk to my daughter like that." 

How will Emma get out of her predicament and will she find a way to get Sarina reinstated as president of the college??? How will she rescue her college from the evil clutches of Amelia, Natalie, Anna, and Juliet??? What would the potential repercussions be if the women get fired, say does Commander Rose get stripped of her military rank, and maybe Anna's fortune is seized by the government when they spot a potential link between a recent crime and the purchase of the university??? What does Sarina get in return if she does manage to be reinstated??

Let me know down below, many thanks especially to EvilisLive for the ideas.

MatthewJames7

MatthewJames7, N00144119 and Evol like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down