Shirt and Tie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Story Project

5 posters

Go down

New Story Project  Empty New Story Project

Post by CoolPenguin Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:22 pm

(Not sure if this is the right spot to post. It is about a story, so I thought it was fine.)

Hey, it's been quite a while since I've posted last time. Kind of wrote a story and vanished, hah. Well, potentially I'm back with a big new project.

I'm working on game, a visual novel to be exact, as a medium to tell my next story!

I started this project about a month or two ago and have made some decent progress. It's been quite the experience learning how to make a game, a simple one albeit. But I thought I'd try something new and big for my next story. Hopefully it's something people will enjoy. 

I don't know if I'll ever get to fully finish it, but I'd like too. Granted it will take a long time. 

Here are two images of the main character in different clothing. Just a little something of what to expect in terms of models and clothing. 

https://servimg.com/view/20360221/13

https://servimg.com/view/20360221/14

If anyone is interested or has any questions, feel free to ask. I'd love to discuss. Or if people just want to show support for the project, haha.

CoolPenguin

reason.to.die.for, auroki and Shanet327 like this post

Back to top Go down

New Story Project  Empty Re: New Story Project

Post by reason.to.die.for Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:52 pm

have her buttoned to the top and turn her collar up all the way as well.

reason.to.die.for

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolPenguin Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:52 pm

Having the collar up isn't something I can do with this software, but having the top button is no problem though. 

As much as I'd love to really be able to customize the clothing to the exact detail, I unfortunately cannot. The software that I use for my models and clothing is very detailed, but it's not perfectly detailed. I've created many different outfits, within the software's boundaries, to get a wide range of styles. There's a lot I can do with it, just not everything, sadly.

I hope that isn't too disappointing! If there's anything else, let me know!

CoolPenguin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shanet327 Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:46 am

Really love the sound of this, yeah definitely have her buttoned up all the way, and some neckties and bow ties on some outfits if you could would be great. Any groundwork on what the plot will be about? And maybe an estimation on if you might get a playable version of this anytime soon?

Shanet327

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolPenguin Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:36 am

Yeah! Neckties and bowties are definitely not a problem and I have a few outfits with those. They're going to be seen closer to whatever ending you'll be getting. So, like, near full transformation. If that makes sense. 

For plot, not to give too much away, is about a lazy, somewhat rebellious woman in college that gets put into this kind of game to help "change her for the better". She'll be given a few rules that you can choose to follow, somewhat follow, or not at all. Depending on what you choose, more rules are added and previous rules are forced to be followed. 

Along with this, choices you make in her everyday life will slowly change her personality. These choices can slowly define the style of clothes the protagonist will be wearing. This also includes things like her interests or traits. 

And in terms of when it will be playable. I'm not sure. Currently, I have one ending done(Each ending is split into two variations. So one ending is kind of like two.). It's on one of the shorter paths that probably takes 10-15 minutes to get there if you read and don't skip. So I'm sure when I want to make it playable. I don't know if people would rather play what content there is and wait for updates or just wait for the full thing. The full thing would take a long time, haha.

CoolPenguin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shanet327 Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:25 pm

I really like the sound of that a lot. I can’t speak for everyone but I know that I’d personally love to play it as more content is made and follow the development of the game. Maybe you should set up a page somewhere so people can follow the development of the game! Let me know if there’s anything I can do to help, always been interested in game development and I’ve been wanting to see a game like this for a really long time haha.

Shanet327

auroki likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolPenguin Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:11 pm

I could create a page. I was considering just posting updates on this forum, but if people think having an external page is easier, I can do that instead.

Maybe actually. I can pm you.

I'm also considering releasing an early demo to just see if people actually like where it's going and such, at the very least. 

And honestly, same. That's mostly why I decided to make it myself.

CoolPenguin

auroki likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by auroki Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:35 pm

I'm definitely interested in this idea. I could live with updates and such. Just don't burn yourself out trying to reach unreasonable deadlines and goals

auroki

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolPenguin Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:43 pm

At least there will be a playable demo at some point to get a little taste. 

And yeah, I've set zero deadlines for myself for that very reason. But my goal is to finish this, at some point. I don't really like leaving things unfinished. It can still happen, obviously, but I'd rather it not, haha. 

Hopefully I finish it and the final product is good enough for people. With possible updates afterwards, but I'm not worrying about that yet, hah.

CoolPenguin

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolPenguin Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:55 pm

Alright, so it's been awhile since I mentioned the project I'm working on. But I finally have a playable demo for you all. 

Now keep in mind, everything is subject to changeNothing is final yet. And there's a lot of work that needs to be done, I know. It won't be perfect, but it is a taste of what's to come.

How long is the demo? It's about 12 minutes or more if you read through without skipping. I'm sure the playtime goes up if you try to see all the options.

Endings? There is only 1 ending available as of now (that means 2 variations of the ending) and it still has a lot of work needed. But it's still a little something. 

Hopefully you all will enjoy it. Feel free to give me your opinion, thoughts, and ideas if you have any.

Here is the link to my itch.io so you can download it. Just download, unzip the folder, and start the application. Should be available for Windows and Mac.

https://coolpenguin1.itch.io/choices-in-life

And if there are bugs, oops. It happens. But it should all work.

CoolPenguin

Back to top Go down

Post by gore459 Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:52 am

CoolPenguin wrote:Alright, so it's been awhile since I mentioned the project I'm working on. But I finally have a playable demo for you all. 

Now keep in mind, everything is subject to changeNothing is final yet. And there's a lot of work that needs to be done, I know. It won't be perfect, but it is a taste of what's to come.

How long is the demo? It's about 12 minutes or more if you read through without skipping. I'm sure the playtime goes up if you try to see all the options.

Endings? There is only 1 ending available as of now (that means 2 variations of the ending) and it still has a lot of work needed. But it's still a little something. 

Hopefully you all will enjoy it. Feel free to give me your opinion, thoughts, and ideas if you have any.

Here is the link to my itch.io so you can download it. Just download, unzip the folder, and start the application. Should be available for Windows and Mac.

https://coolpenguin1.itch.io/choices-in-life

And if there are bugs, oops. It happens. But it should all work.
I really enjoyed that! Would be great to carry on, it's really good work Smile

gore459

auroki likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down