Shirt and Tie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Ways to Wear Shirt and Tie

+7
arokh
Trimaran
High Collar Shirt Guy
fotw2012
tie-fetish-2011
Doush
yep
11 posters

Go down

Which of these looks do you love best on a woman?

Best Ways to Wear Shirt and Tie Vote_lcap12%Best Ways to Wear Shirt and Tie Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 7 ]
Best Ways to Wear Shirt and Tie Vote_lcap7%Best Ways to Wear Shirt and Tie Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 4 ]
Best Ways to Wear Shirt and Tie Vote_lcap7%Best Ways to Wear Shirt and Tie Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 4 ]
Best Ways to Wear Shirt and Tie Vote_lcap9%Best Ways to Wear Shirt and Tie Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 5 ]
Best Ways to Wear Shirt and Tie Vote_lcap2%Best Ways to Wear Shirt and Tie Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Best Ways to Wear Shirt and Tie Vote_lcap22%Best Ways to Wear Shirt and Tie Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 13 ]
Best Ways to Wear Shirt and Tie Vote_lcap41%Best Ways to Wear Shirt and Tie Vote_rcap 41% 
[ 24 ]
Best Ways to Wear Shirt and Tie Vote_lcap0%Best Ways to Wear Shirt and Tie Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Best Ways to Wear Shirt and Tie Vote_lcap0%Best Ways to Wear Shirt and Tie Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 58

Best Ways to Wear Shirt and Tie Empty Best Ways to Wear Shirt and Tie

Post by Guest Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:19 pm

Just for fun...which of these looks make the best outfit, in your opinion?

Back to top Go down

Best Ways to Wear Shirt and Tie Empty Re: Best Ways to Wear Shirt and Tie

Post by yep Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:47 pm

A mix from several proposition :

Shirts with contrasting collars and cuffs, cuff link, tie, waistcoat and skirt suit

yep

tanadata likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by High Collar Shirt Guy Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:43 am

I share yep's favoured style, I am really into the contrasting collar with double cuffs look to a shirt. I like big stiff collars and stiff cuffs, and pay attention to the back height of the collar. 4cm back height minimum for me, 5cm/5.5cm/6cm back height is a nice option to. 2 button high collars look fantastic.

I don't mind trousers, but prefer a skirt, tights and nice heels. I also quite like the all in one pinafore dress with the shirt underneath look. You get some really nice smart ones now a days, with deep V shapes at the neck also to show off that tie Smile

I can't stand the modern skinny thin ties trend, and think it is sad it is becoming increasingly difficult to find proper "classic" width ties these days. Many retailers even list ties that are 8cm as classic size width ties, which is wrong really. I would not buy a tie any less than 9.5cm width, and ideally 10-10.5cm is best.

High Collar Shirt Guy

tanadata likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Doush Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:11 am

I'm another who likes the looks yep and High Collar Shirt Guy have specified.

Doush

Back to top Go down

Post by tie-fetish-2011 Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:57 pm

Skirt suit, dress shirt which is fitted to the female form with snug collar and French cuffs and cuff links, striped or sold colour wide silk tie, high black stilettos, feminine make up with a bob haircut or hair up so the snug collar can be seen..... specific enough?? lol

Last edited by tie-fetish-2011 on Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Imfo)

tie-fetish-2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:39 pm

tie-fetish-2011 wrote:Skirt suit, dress shirt which is fitted to the female form with snug collar and French cuffs and cuff links, striped or sold colour wide silk tie, high black stilettos, feminine make up with a bob haircut or hair up so the snug collar can be seen..... specific enough?? lol
That is very specific

Back to top Go down

Post by fotw2012 Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:18 pm

Single color 3-piece knee-length pencil skirt suit, woolen or tweed; white shirt with high and snug collar (agree with "High Collar Shirt Guy" for enough back height), single or double cuff; silk necktie tied into a tight and snug knot, together with golden color collar pin; black sheer tight/pantyhose w/ or w/o back seam; dark dress shoes, either plain or heeled; slight make up and bunned hair. That's the perfect image in my mind.

fotw2012

https://www.instagram.com/inezhynes/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:02 am

_moderato926 wrote:Single color 3-piece knee-length pencil skirt suit, woolen or tweed; white shirt with high and snug collar (agree with "High Collar Shirt Guy" for enough back height), single or double cuff; silk necktie tied into a tight and snug knot, together with golden color collar pin; black sheer tight/pantyhose w/ or w/o back seam; dark dress shoes, either plain or heeled; slight make up and bunned hair. That's the perfect image in my mind.
That sounds so strict and classy!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:13 am

High Collar Shirt Guy wrote:I share yep's favoured style, I am really into the contrasting collar with double cuffs look to a shirt. I like big stiff collars and stiff cuffs, and pay attention to the back height of the collar. 4cm back height minimum for me, 5cm/5.5cm/6cm back height is a nice option to. 2 button high collars look fantastic.

I don't mind trousers, but prefer a skirt, tights and nice heels. I also quite like the all in one pinafore dress with the shirt underneath look. You get some really nice smart ones now a days, with deep V shapes at the neck also to show off that tie Smile

I can't stand the modern skinny thin ties trend, and think it is sad it is becoming increasingly difficult to find proper "classic" width ties these days. Many retailers even list ties that are 8cm as classic size width ties, which is wrong really. I would not buy a tie any less than 9.5cm width, and ideally 10-10.5cm is best.
This is the first time I've heard someone pay so much attention to the height of a collar!
Agreed the wide ties are best! (I'm now converted!)

Back to top Go down

Post by fotw2012 Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:23 pm

Leora Lane wrote:
_moderato926 wrote:Single color 3-piece knee-length pencil skirt suit, woolen or tweed; white shirt with high and snug collar (agree with "High Collar Shirt Guy" for enough back height), single or double cuff; silk necktie tied into a tight and snug knot, together with golden color collar pin; black sheer tight/pantyhose w/ or w/o back seam; dark dress shoes, either plain or heeled; slight make up and bunned hair. That's the perfect image in my mind.
That sounds so strict and classy!

We all like to be strict and classy, aren't we:) But that could be really rare in real life, as it's "too" strict to many people. I guess maybe some female butlers, funeral undertakers or staff in the bank would dress like this.

fotw2012

Back to top Go down

Post by fotw2012 Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:33 pm

High Collar Shirt Guy wrote:I share yep's favoured style, I am really into the contrasting collar with double cuffs look to a shirt. I like big stiff collars and stiff cuffs, and pay attention to the back height of the collar. 4cm back height minimum for me, 5cm/5.5cm/6cm back height is a nice option to. 2 button high collars look fantastic.

I guess you might be interested with this pic. The lady is Mrs Robert S. Alter who was a member of the Red Cross Motor Corps of America during WW1. I think the shirt she wore is perfect and very close to your description. I do love the tie which popped up a bit because the shirt collar was brought together tightly by the collar pin. Very strict and elegant.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/36/19/14/9ea05310.jpg

fotw2012

Back to top Go down

Post by High Collar Shirt Guy Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:50 am

I know we all have different preferences as to what we like. That look does nothing for me personally. Like most I am fairly 'fussy' about how a shirt and tie is styled and worn. I prefer a traditional collar shirt and reasonably big knot of tie. I won't list all the things I dislike, too many, sounds like another thread? The top 10 dislikes list? I will say my pet hate and top of the list for me would be unbuttoned shirt collars and loose ties.

High Collar Shirt Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by fotw2012 Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:51 pm

High Collar Shirt Guy wrote:I know we all have different preferences as to what we like. That look does nothing for me personally. Like most I am fairly 'fussy' about how a shirt and tie is styled and worn. I prefer a traditional collar shirt and reasonably big knot of tie. I won't list all the things I dislike, too many, sounds like another thread? The top 10 dislikes list? I will say my pet hate and top of the list for me would be unbuttoned shirt collars and loose ties.

I agree. I think one thing all of us share in common is we can never bear an unbuttoned shirt collar and loose ties, which must be the most terrible look ever.

fotw2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Trimaran Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:17 pm

For me, while the formality of a 3-piece skirt suit is ideal, I am all for a variety of outfits so long as the shirt and tie underneath is properly worn. Everyone has their own style, and see it expressed is always fun. I love the versatility.

There's nothing quite like a white shirt and a properly worn tie, as described above. Two tone shirts are also great. Cuff links are preferable. I also prefer the look to be as feminine as possible, to counter-act the masculinity of the necktie. Pants, while stylish, are a hassle.

Footwear is also important. Heels, boots, I am not overly particular about them so long as they are pulled off well.

I'm partial to dresses, sweaters, jackets, vests, really anything so long as it is worn formally and in the correct manner. Who doesn't love obeying the rules?

A recent fling of mine was very much into Lolita fashion, so, she wore frills, petti coats, etc. as and began to incorporate a short and tie. It was exhilarating to see incorporate a proper shirt and tie into her style.

Trimaran

Back to top Go down

Post by arokh Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:37 pm

great thread!

for me, as some of the others have said, it has to be a combo of a few of these options. i'm all for extremely feminine leoks to counteract the formality/masculinity of collar+tie; the resulting look is extremely hot

my preferences change with time; but i think at present a shirt with contrasting collars/cuffs & a bow tie (bonus for  a jewelled or studded bow tie) would be perfect. a satin shirt would be absolutely ideal but contrast collar satin shirts can be very hard to find. a white satin shirt with a black bow tie would also be great. suspenders a must, trousers can be very sexy but my preference is for a skirt (and of course, either fishnet tights or stockings with suspenders); capped with killer heels.

i'm not fussed about cufflinks or no, my ideal preference would be for long satin gloves in any event.

the skirt can be part of a skirt suit with a jacket, but I'm partial both with and without - not particularly keen on waistcoats though. pinafore dresses are also great in lieu of a skirt; sweater optional but can look amazing (I prefer where the collar and bow tie are poking out over the sweater though, as opposed to a V-neck)

arokh

Back to top Go down

Post by bryantfinlay Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:44 am

Without question, it's a trouser suit for me. I've never been a fan of the skirt suit. It just doesn't look right when paired with a shirt, blazer, and tie

bryantfinlay

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Small Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:23 am

Pinstriped trousers, preferably high-waisted, with a prominent belt and a matching suit jacket. I prefer a looser, perhaps more masculine cut of trousers.

Alternatively, a shirt under a pinafore-style dress or formal trousers with a cardigan.

I love wide ties long enough to hang over the crotch or be tucked into trousers.

I also love women in white tie and tails, or a bow tie, cardigan and flowing skirt for a more feminine look.

Richard Small

Back to top Go down

Post by Witterer Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:34 am

Anyone have a preferred tie knot?  I'm a Windsor person

Witterer

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:18 am

High Collar Shirt Guy wrote:I know we all have different preferences as to what we like. That look does nothing for me personally. Like most I am fairly 'fussy' about how a shirt and tie is styled and worn. I prefer a traditional collar shirt and reasonably big knot of tie. I won't list all the things I dislike, too many, sounds like another thread? The top 10 dislikes list? I will say my pet hate and top of the list for me would be unbuttoned shirt collars and loose ties.
 I'm the exact same with the unbuttoned shirt collars and loose ties. I think it takes out some of the formality of when one wears a suit

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:18 am

Witterer wrote:Anyone have a preferred tie knot?  I'm a Windsor person
Same here

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by fotw2012 Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:38 am

Witterer wrote:Anyone have a preferred tie knot?  I'm a Windsor person

I prefer the double knot with collar pin/bar. Windsor is great too, only the shirt collar doesn't spread too much.

fotw2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down