Shirt and Tie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Windsor College

Go down

Windsor College  Empty Windsor College

Post by MatthewJames7 Sun May 14, 2023 4:50 am

The first day of a student's final year is always both nervous and exciting. The students know that they are under serious pressure to do their very best for their upcoming end of school year exams that following June, and for Diana Fernandez, this was no different. Diana was a young woman of nineteen, her fiery red hair was always styled in a messy bun, and her emerald green eyes shone with a fierce determination. She had a small upturned nose, and a few freckles on her cheeks which gave her a youthful, playful look. Amelia was quite tall, she stood at 6'3 inches tall which gave her a presence that commanded attention, and despite a small margin of her fellow students mocking her about her height, Diana did not care a jot, she embraced her unusual height and it made her feel unique. From seeing her walking with her shoulders back and her chin held high, it was clear that Diana was a suave young woman, as well as being extremely self-confident. Diana was born into a mixed-heritage family, her late father, who died when Diana was little, came from Ireland, and her mother Alma hailed from Spain which meant that Diana was fluent in Spanish and Irish from birth. Diana was a student at Windsor College, a renowned private fee-paying girls only school in the heart of London that had been the alma mater of many famous women in all aspects of life. The school was housed in a beautiful red-brick building that had three storeys. Inside, the school was divided into two wings, with the classrooms on one side and the administrative offices on the other. The classrooms were bright and airy, with large windows that let in plenty of natural light. The school was known for its renowned academic program, as well as its commitment to fostering a sense of community among its students.

The school’s uniform consisted of a navy-blue blazer with the school crest on the breast pocket, a white button-up shirt, a navy-blue tie with thin white striped, a plaid skirt that fell just above the knee, and knee-high navy-blue socks and black leather shoes. Diana always took pride in her appearance, especially when it came to her school uniform. While some of her fellow students would show up to school with their ties loosely knotted or their shirts untucked, Diana always appeared impeccably dressed. Her tie was pushed up to her collar, and her top button was always closed. She believed that dressing well was a sign of respect, both for herself and her school, and especially as she had been named the school's head girl for the year.

On the morning the story begins, Diana woke up early and headed straight to the shower to start her day. After drying off, Diana started to put on her school uniform. As she was putting on her uniform, Diana felt a sense of pride and excitement at the thought of wearing it to school. She buttoned up her white shirt, slipped on her navy blazer with the school crest on the breast pocket, and slid into her plaid skirt that fell just above her knees. She pulled up her knee-high navy-blue socks and slipped on her black leather shoes, making sure they were comfortable around her ankles. Putting on her tie, Diana started by holding the tie so that the wider end was on the right and the narrow end was on her left. Then she crossed the wide end over the narrow and brought it up and over, tucking it down behind the narrow end. Next, she looped the wide end back down and around, bringing it up again to the front. She then slid the wide end through the knot at the front, pulling it down and tightening it. Finally, she adjusted the tie so that it sat perfectly in place. Looking at herself in the mirror, Diana felt rather suave and debonair, she always liked to look her very best for school, unlike some of her classmates who wouldn't be as caring about their uniform appearance as she would be.

Walking downstairs, Diana made her breakfast, and read a magazine while she was eating. Her mother Alma had already left for work which meant that Diana was alone in the house, except for her cat Lily. Feeding Lily, Diana went through her schoolbag to make sure that she had all her schoolbooks ready which she knew was the case because every night after she had finished her homework, she would always pack her bag for the following day. Diana, despite the fact that she could drive, decided to walk to school because it was only a five minute walk from her house so in her opinion driving to school was pointless. Looking at herself in the mirror one last time before she went to school. Straightening her tie, Diana smiled, she was extremely proud of how impeccably dressed she was for school. As she was making her way to school, Diana whistled along to her favourite song while listening to it with her AirPods in, music was one of her favourite things in her life and would always attend open mic nights in her local pub, even singing herself from time to time, and was told that she possessed a beautiful singing voice. Diana also was a skilled guitar player and would often post song covers on her YouTube channel, giving her more than 400,000 subscribers.

When she arrived at her school, Diana looked around, this was the beginning of her final year of secondary school, and especially as the new head girl. As she was always a very studious person, Diana never felt any bit of pressure to do well, she was the school's top ranking student five years running, and knew she would make it a clean sweep and make it six years running. Nobody ever came close to her grades, though she was always very modest about her academic excellence, and never liked bragging about it. Diana and her mother lived next door to an extremely snobbish woman who they strongly disliked, though the neighbour was too self-centred to realise it and would often invite Diana and her mother over for coffee. Hearing her phone beep, Diana looked at the notification which was a text from Alma, "sorry I had to go before I got a chance to wish you the best of luck for your first day of final year, love, but I'll make it up to you someway or another, Mum x" Texting her back, Diana replied, "thanks Mum, you're the best! Don't worry about it, you needed to be early for work, I completely understand." Taking out her AirPods, Diana put them into the box and then turned her phone on silent. Noticing her, Diana's headmistress Eva walked over to her and hugged her. Eva was also Diana's aunt, so Diana felt even more calm about things because she had a family confidant at school too. "Is that my gorgeous niece and new head girl I see standing before me?" Chuckling, Diana replied, "one and the same aunt Eva." Looking at Diana's impeccable uniform, Eva remarked, "you look absolutely beautiful, sweetheart, your dad would be extremely proud of you if he saw you right now. Anyways, let's go meet the new first year students, naturally you know that it's one of the first things the head girl does on the first day."

As they met the first year students, Diana was very excited to talk to them and gave them some comforting words that would assuage their fears about being a secondary school student. "I know you all are nervous about your first day here, but don't be nervous in the slightest, you will soon be familiar with things. I was nervous the first day too, but Ms. Fernandez here, she gave me some sage advice on my first day too. She said to me that first year students would have no fears about moving from primary school to secondary school, and that within days you'll feel like you've been a student here for ages. If any of you ever want to talk to someone about anything, come and find me between classes and I'll talk about it with you. I am also your form room prefect so you can chat with me then too."

Continuing on their walk around the courtyard, Eva stopped two fifth year students who were walking in the opposite direction. "Girls, stand in front of me." Fixing their ties, and closing their top buttons, Eva then smiled with approval, "there we go girls, much better!" Watching them walk away, Diana piped, "they'll never learn how to wear their uniform properly, will they aunt Eva?" Nodding her head, Eva replied, "no, I keep telling them to wear their uniform properly, but they never do. By the way, sweetheart, I'd prefer you refer to me as Ms. Fernandez when on the school grounds, if I let you call me by my first name, when the other students cannot, it would be clear that I'd be showing favouritism towards you." As they made their way into the building, Eva and Diana were walking to Eva's office as they still had a few minutes before the students had to report to their form rooms for marking attendance. Eva was very modest in how she decorated her office, there as a bookshop in the corner of the room, and the walls were painted in a calming blue colour that made one feel like they were in water. Other than her desktop, Eva's desk was decorated with pictures of her family, she was a very family oriented woman who cared most of all that they were always safe and sound.

"Diana, want me to tie your tie in a Windsor knot? I know it's your favourite knot?" Delighted that Eva was so kind, Diana nodded, "sure, go for it." Standing in front of Diana, Eva had a determined smile on her face. "Collar up for me, good girl", she said, her voice firm but gentle. Diana obediently lifted her collar, exposing the knot of her tie. Eva reached for the knot of the tie and began to loosen it, her fingers nimble and precise. Once the knot was undone, she took the wide end of the tie in her right hand, and the narrow end in her left hand. She then draped the wide end over the narrow end, creating a loop. Eva then brought the wide end of the tie up and over the loop, and down through the loop, pulling it tight. She then held the knot of the tie in her left hand and used her right hand to adjust the knot, making sure it was centred and symmetrical. Finally, she smoothed out the tie, maybe sure it was perfectly straight and impeccably worn. Lowering her collar again, Diana watched as Eva straightened her tie, making sure it was nice and snug under Diana's collar. Looking at her work, Eva exclaimed, "et voilà, a tie fit for a queen." Diana then closed her top button, making sure her tie was pushed up perfectly against it that there was no sight of her top button at the top of her shirt. "I'm very proud of you, love." Diana beamed with pride, she was so happy that Eva thought so highly of her. Hearing the school bell sound, Diana hugged Eva one last time, "thanks aunt Eva. Sorry, Ms. Fernandez." Eva, full of affection for her only niece replied, "don't worry about it, when we are in private, you can call me Eva, but in front of your peers, it's Ms. Fernandez. Anyways, that's enough of my yapping. Let's go out for dinner tonight, we can celebrate your first day of final year together, meet me back here at 5:30 after evening study finishes?" Nodding, Diana replied, "I'd love to." Watching Diana walk out of the office, Eva smiled with pride, her niece was an amazing young woman of whom she was always very proud of. As Diana walked down the corridor towards her form's classroom she noticed that her peers were all in awe of her impeccably dressed uniform. One of her peers complimented her, "wow, you look absolutely amazing." Another one chimed in, "your tie is amazing, I can never get mine to look that good. Teach me your ways!" Laughing, Diana thanked them for their compliments and walked on. She then spotted three girls who were huddled together, whispering in her direction. One of the girls, Gabrielle, who was the leader of their little group, had a look of disdain and disgust on her face, while her two friends nodded in agreement. She didn't see the hype about Diana, and why she was so popular with her fellow students.

Last edited by MatthewJames7 on Wed May 24, 2023 3:58 am; edited 1 time in total

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Windsor College  Empty Re: Windsor College

Post by MatthewJames7 Sun May 14, 2023 12:30 pm

Gabrielle felt that she should be the queen bee, but nobody seemed to care about her. She was envious of how popular Diana was, and that she had won the election for head girl in a landslide. She felt that Diana didn't deserve the position and thought that the other student were just blinded by her popularity. This made her feel extremely bitter against Diana, and wanted to do anything to take her down.

At lunchtime Diana was walking with a tray of food in her hands, and as she was walking, she did not notice Gabrielle sticking her foot out. Tripping over it, Diana crashed to the floor, the sound of the plate smashing rang out around the cafeteria. Looking at what had happened, the students were all outraged at Gabrielle's heinous actions. Several students quickly helped Diana to her feet, and looking at her new food-stained uniform, Diana started crying, she had never been so humiliated in her life. Two of the other students looked at Gabrielle with fury on their faces, and said a collective, "how dare you do that to Diana? She its a figurehead of academic excellence and popularity in this school." One of them took Diana by the hand, and comforted her, saying, "it's ok Di, we'll get you cleaned up. You'll be looking impeccable again in no time." A minute or two later, Eva had been made aware of the situation and made her way to the cafeteria. Picking Gabrielle out of the crowd, Eva's voice went dangerously soft, "Gabrielle, my office now!" Gabrielle knew she was in big trouble as she followed Eva to her office.  She felt a sense of dread, knowing that she was going to face the consequences of her actions.

When they arrived at the office, Eva had asked Diana to join them when she was cleaned up, and then sat down in front of Gabrielle. "Before you even contemplate speaking, I would choose very wisely the words that come out of your mouth. No, in fact, don't say a word. Gabrielle, I am astounded and disgusted by your actions. Diana's came in here in a flood of tears because of you. She is the top-ranking student in this school, and I want to know what possessed you to do something like this?" Gabrielle replied, "I'm sick of people thinking she's the best thing that ever happened to this school. I should be the queen bee around here, not her." Eva sat back in her chair, "you did this because of your idea that you are in a popularity contest with Diana? That is extremely immature behaviour, especially of a final year student. You shall stay a week's after school detention for these actions, as well as your third uniform infraction."

Gabrielle, horrified by Eva telling her how she would be punished for her behaviour, exclaimed, "but Ms. Fernandez, I have after school sports practice today. Plus, if my mother finds out I have detention, she will go ballistic." Not caring a jot, Eva replied, "Silence! You are staying for after school detention, and believe you me, your mother will most definitely be hearing about this incident. In fact, I'll ring her right now." Ringing Gabrielle's mother, Eva exclaimed, "hi Megan, it's Eva Fernandez, Gabrielle's headmistress. I'm sorry to drag you away from your work, but I'm afraid that Gabrielle is in very deep trouble, and I would like you to come in to speak with us." Hearing this, Gabrielle went as white as a sheet. On the other end, Megan replied, "certainly, I'll be there in five minutes."

Last edited by MatthewJames7 on Wed May 24, 2023 3:59 am; edited 1 time in total

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewJames7 Wed May 24, 2023 3:57 am

A few minutes later Megan had arrived, and Gabrielle knew that she was very angry about the situation. She could tell by the way Megan marched into the office which told Gabrielle that she was in deep trouble. Looking at Gabrielle with a look of fury, Megan exclaimed, "Gabrielle, before you so much as open your mouth, don't say a word. Hello Ms. Fernandez, it's nice to meet you. I've heard many a great things about you from some of my neighbours, a couple of them would be colleagues of yours, but anyways, we'll get straight to the heart of the issue."

Nodding, Eva replied, "yes. Earlier today at lunch, Diana was walking along the cafeteria to find a seat to have her lunch when Gabrielle intentionally stuck out her leg so that Diana would trip over it and fall onto the floor. In tears, Diana came into my office accompanied by a couple of her fellow students. She had been humiliated because Gabrielle believed that she should be the queen bee of the school and was willing to do anything to embarrass Diana. I have punished her with after school detention as well as suspending her from all after school activities for a week." Wiping some dirt off her glasses, Megan replied, "that is an appropriate punishment, Eva, I will make sure that she complies." When the meeting was finished, Megan walked out of Eva's office with Gabrielle in tow. "Mum, please, I'm sorry." Megan, irate, replied, "You're not the least bit sorry. Now, listen to me you immature brat, you have made a mockery out of Diana because of some self-centred belief that you were in some popularity contest with her. You are grounded for two weeks and every evening after you come home from school you are to go straight up to your room to do your homework. There will be no TV, nothing that gives you any form of entertainment. In addition, you are not going to the concert this weekend with your friends, and that is final." Gabrielle was horrified, "but Mum, I paid seventy euro for my ticket to it." Getting angrier with each passing second, Megan replied, "but nothing! You are staying home this weekend and you will help me with the housework and then you will have your dinner. At dinnertime every evening you shall appear appropriately dressed, which means you are wearing a suit and tie. There will be no more discussing it. You made a mockery of Diana and you shall face the repercussions of your actions."

MatthewJames7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down